That's why I wear a tin-foil hat

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:52 pm

http://www.wlky.com/news/Man-who-sued-n ... index.html
Man who sued neighbor over Wi-Fi won't pay court fees
Court battle cost neighbor, landlord $85,000 to defend themselves
Published 12:34 PM EST Jan 10, 2013

SANTA FE, N.M. —The Santa Fe woman who was sued because her neighbor said the electromagnetic pulses from her computer made him sick must pay thousands in legal fees even though she won the case.

Arthur Firstenberg said it's enough punishment he lost the case. He says he's suffered by having to live near Raphaela Monribot and he shouldn't also have to pay her court costs. A judge in Santa Fe agreed, saying Firstenberg can't afford the nearly $85,000 it cost two people to defend themselves in court, for things like expert witnesses.

Firstenberg sued his neighbor, Monribot, who was renting a home adjacent to his. In the suit, Firstenberg claimed Monribot's computer, cellphone and other electronic devices caused him great harm by hurting his health. He said he suffered from everything from headaches to heart complications as a result of the electromagnetic currents.

A judge dismissed the lawsuit, saying there wasn't enough evidence to move forward to trial.

"The case was really about the science and whether there is scientific evidence to show these symptoms are associated with electromagnetic fields. And the answer was clear to the judge. There are not," explains Monribot's attorney, Christopher Graeser. "She was using electronics that everybody had in their house. Our client did nothing wrong."

Now, Firstenberg is appealing and that means more legal fees and court costs for Monribot. For example, Monribot's attorney says the appeal is 6,000 pages and cost $2,400 to copy from the court.

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/news/Man-who-sued-n ... z2Hb1Rra6Y
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:01 pm

Jeez

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: That's why I wear a tin-foil hat

Post by Rem700 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:33 pm

Shit like this is a large part of what is wrong with our country. If i was judge i would have told him to get the f**k out of my court room before i have him committed. I would also tell him to shove his appeal up his ass and pay the state for wasting everyones time.

inthewaterky
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: That's why I wear a tin-foil hat

Post by inthewaterky » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:32 pm

Rem700 wrote:Shit like this is a large part of what is wrong with our country. If i was judge i would have told him to get the f**k out of my court room before i have him committed. I would also tell him to shove his appeal up his ass and pay the state for wasting everyones time.

THIS FOR THE WIN!
"It's not that it takes all kinds... We just have all kinds... " My Grandpa

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”