Michael Moore: Stop saying, "I support the troops." I don't

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:10 am

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... p=features
Michael Moore resolves to stop saying 'I support the troops' in 2013

Published January 02, 2013

FoxNews.com

Documentary filmmaker Michael Moore took to his Huffington Post blog to announce 10 of his 2013 New Year's resolutions.

The fourth and fifth resolutions in particular, in which he criticizes American citizens for joining the armed forces, have sparked particular controversy. The fourth reads:

4. Stop saying, "I support the troops." I don't. I used to. I understand why so many enlisted after 9/11. Sadly, many of them were then trapped and sent off to invade Iraq. I felt for all of them. I understood those who joined because of a lousy economy. But at some point all individuals must answer for their actions, and now that we know our military leaders do things that have nothing to do with defending our lives, why would anyone sign up for this rogue organization?

Moore then followed with resolution No. 5:

5. Apologize for No. 4. I have enormous respect for anyone who would offer to sacrifice their life to defend my right to live. Is there any greater gift one can give another? It's not the troops' fault they're sent to invade other countries for dubious reasons and outright lies. It's OUR responsibility to prevent this, to elect representatives who believe in peace, and to only put our troops in harm's way when it's absolutely necessary. My uncle was killed in World War II. Today would have been his 90th birthday. My dad still misses him. Our family has served this country in the military since the Revolutionary War. None of them watch Fox News.

In the comments following the blog post, a Huffington Post Community Moderator defended Moore's article:

"Michael is a controversial guy and that means he's doing things right," the moderator wrote.

Other readers' comments were mixed, with some finding fault with Moore's logic.

"Sometimes he is right and sometimes he isn't. Controversy doesn't however mean right. Some things in society really shouldn't be controversial," one wrote. Another added: "How about you lose some weight, so that the now socialized medical system in the country, that you fought so hard for, doesn't have to spend millions trying to keep an obese lazy millionaire healthy."

Many others on Huffington Post supported Moore's stance.

"Love the soldiers, hate the wars is how I've always felt. I never did hate the soldiers coming back from Vietnam like some people did," one wrote. "But I do hate these useless wars."

But Moore's article sparked widespread outrage in social media:

"Michael Moore's Resolution: "Stop saying, “I support the troops.” I don't." -This is about as low as pitiful as someone can be. #disgusting" one tweeted.

"Michael Moore is done feeling sorry for the poor saps who enlisted in the Armed Forces of the United States. He has withdrawn his support. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. You couldn’t possibly make this stuff up.," another wrote.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... z2GpZvmuOr
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Michael Moore: Stop saying, "I support the troops." I do

Post by jackalo626 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:42 am

This guy has been trolling people as long as he has been alive. He wants to die by any means and instigates at every turn.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:47 am

I hope this fat ass douchbag chokes on a meatball!

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Nolan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:05 am

Moore is a scumbag fucking loser- hope he goes to prison and gets ass raped for many years
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:12 am

And the douchebag award goes too...

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:12 am

Nolan wrote:Moore is a scumbag fucking loser- hope he goes to prison and gets ass raped for many years
Are prisoners allowed to have GPSs? That's a big ass.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:17 am

WLJ wrote:
Nolan wrote:Moore is a scumbag fucking loser- hope he goes to prison and gets ass raped for many years
Are prisoners allowed to have GPSs? That's a big ass.
He would make a good bitch for some lifer
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:34 pm

Wich he would choke on his own vomit and die.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”