How will the new ban be implemented?

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Rext
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Rext » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:54 am

I have been thinking about this and just dont know for sure? Obama scares me with his rhetoric,Feinstein scares me with her agenda and I think she wants a vote. I think Obama is going to pull out another trump card and sign an executive order without a discussion. The climate is right and everything is in place for it to happen.
What do you guys think?
Kentucky Firearms
Kentucky's class three dealer
..When you just want to shhhoot!

cityslicker

Re: How will the new ban be implemented?

Post by cityslicker » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:10 am

Unfortunately, I think you're right. It would've already happened during his first term, but he knew he wouldn't have been re-elected. It just sucks that the only people that will be adversely affected by any bans will be law abiding gun owners.

cityslicker

Post by cityslicker » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:24 am

Just read about 2 cops shot and killed in Kansas...the bad news just keeps coming. We're screwed.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:45 am

The part that scares me is how fast it will take effect, plus the part of POSSESSION is simply illegal. That instantly makes millions of Americans into instant criminals. The same with magazines....simply having a hi cap will make you a criminal. ridiculous but that is feinstein

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:20 am

...and you have the Libtard media spewing garbage to fuel the fire-

just saw a dumbass lady reporter -trying to act so grief-stricken on camera- said that the shooter had come to the school with these 'fully automatic weapons'...

:?

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:29 am

I know a couple of manufacturers who are highly concerned at this point

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:29 am

Coachf wrote:Don't think it will happen personally.
We may be wrong, but I agree... Prices on everything may go crazy for a long time though, in my opinion.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:38 am

I can see a lot of jobs lost if it went through. One of the big economy boosters in this administration has been the gun companies and sub-companies even down to the local shops. Lots of gun dealers have been making money on these items for a number of years and to have it stop quickly could shutter some and cost jobs.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:01 am

Dave1965 wrote:I can see a lot of jobs lost if it went through. One of the big economy boosters in this administration has been the gun companies and sub-companies even down to the local shops. Lots of gun dealers have been making money on these items for a number of years and to have it stop quickly could shutter some and cost jobs.
Just think about all of the places that teach courses that are everywhere nowadays. So many accessory companies/gear that will be sol if something happens. Ruining jobs and the economy is their strong suit though so I am worried.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Dave1965 wrote:I can see a lot of jobs lost if it went through. One of the big economy boosters in this administration has been the gun companies and sub-companies even down to the local shops. Lots of gun dealers have been making money on these items for a number of years and to have it stop quickly could shutter some and cost jobs.
yep- everything from metals manufacturing/recycling, plastic molders/injection companies, powder producers, optics manufacturers/suppliers, even the textile industries for holsters/rigs, etc..

Dear Leader has no qualms about destroying jobs, though, as he has shown. More mouths on the teets...

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:30 pm

What does he care, they're American jobs, not like they're important or something like that.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:59 pm

talk about a way to instantly and completely tank the economy

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:48 pm

Was just listening to npr. They had an "expert" Phd from Johns Hopkins talking about the 1994 awb. He said basically it wasn't effective. He also said a new ban should focus on the magazine capacity and not features such as bayonet lugs. Also talk of not grandfathering in old magazines and guns.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:54 pm

while magazine capacity technically makes more sense than bayonet lugs its still bullshit

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:05 pm

ssracer wrote:while magazine capacity technically makes more sense than bayonet lugs its still bullshit
Don't even start talking like them! The fact we even entertain it as a rational thought is depressing. I don't need to argue with them, my U.S. Constitution says I have the right to bear arms end of discussion. The same document that is the rule of the land where we are standing right now.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:17 pm

I think they will go after ammo. Taxing or limiting how many rounds we can have on hand.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:18 pm

shit, why tax it...prices have already increased to the point that I can't afford to shoot

jmeister
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by jmeister » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Toddstang wrote:I think they will go after ammo. Taxing or limiting how many rounds we can have on hand.
agreed. The will require registration/sales tracking, if not ban online sales of bulk ammo

Dashammer

Post by Dashammer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:18 am

If memory serve me right dosen't the 5th admendment (maybe it's another one) say something about having to compensate for properity seized by the government. So if there is a manditory turn in (no grandfathering)on all quote (assult weapons and mags over 10 rounds isn't there a constitutional admendment that says something a long the lines of fare market value of siezed items by the government. If so where the hell does Fienstien think all that money and court fights against that BS is going to come from. So if I am right that is 2 constitutional rights she and her hommey have got to crush.

Dashammer

Post by Dashammer » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:25 am

But it could happen look at all the other civil liberities the senate has crush useing "for common good and national security". Ain't like it will be the first time. They got plenty of presidance and things in place they didn't have in the 80's and 90's.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”