AWB in Canada

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

AWB in Canada

Post by WLJ » Fri May 01, 2020 5:13 pm

BTW: They've never said what gun(s) were used but word is a handgun. Sooo lets ban AR-15s.
TORONTO (AP) — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced an immediate ban Friday on the sale and use of assault-style weapons in Canada, two weeks after a gunman killed 22 people in Nova Scotia.
Trudeau cited numerous mass shootings in the country, including the rampage that killed 22 in Nova Scotia April 18 and 19. He announced the ban of over 1,500 models and variants of assault-style firearms, including two guns used by the gunman as well as the AR-15 and other weapons that have been used in a number of mass shootings in the United States

“You do not need an AR-15 to take down a deer,” Trudeau said. “So, effective immediately, it is no longer permitted to buy, sell, transport, import or use military-grade, assault weapons in this country.”

There is a two-year amnesty period while the government creates a program that will allow current owners to receive compensation for turning in the designated firearms or keep them through a grandfathering process yet to be worked out.

Under the amnesty, the newly prohibited firearms can only be transferred or transported within Canada for specific purposes. Owners must keep the guns securely stored until there is more information on the buyback program.
https://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/ ... 0wlhr8clX4
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Re: AWB in Canada

Post by kokopelli » Fri May 01, 2020 6:01 pm

It’s for the children!!!

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Fri May 01, 2020 6:03 pm

From what I’ve read on this- this is bad, very bad for Canada.
He also wrote in to allow the provinces to interpret it as they see fit, adding any other weapon to the ban that they want to add.

We are one election away from this in the US.
These users liked the author kokopelli for the post:
jackalo626
Rating: 12.5%

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri May 01, 2020 9:28 pm

surprised it hasn't happened sooner

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun May 03, 2020 10:52 am

kokopelli wrote:From what I’ve read on this- this is bad, very bad for Canada.
He also wrote in to allow the provinces to interpret it as they see fit, adding any other weapon to the ban that they want to add.

We are one election away from this in the US.
Yeah, it's amazing to me how many people don't believe it. We will definitely lose the "right" to own most if not all guns in our lifetime. Sooner rather than later in our lives from the indoctrinated at an early age voters who give it away.
These users liked the author jackalo626 for the post:
Eireguy

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Mexican Kerry » Wed May 20, 2020 9:14 pm

The ban is open-ended for them to add models as they see fit. I have about 20 firearms that are currently affected, not counting handguns which are apparently next. Its an evolving list, my old Rem 10 gauge sxs is maybe on it. My old Colt AR's are on it. Non compliance is the only option but they worded the change to make owners into criminals.

I bought a single shot 12 gauge winchester the other day from a guy, it was on the list. Fuck em, I'm stacking everything deep. The newz is ammo and mags are going to be added.
These users liked the author Mexican Kerry for the post:
Eireguy

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:06 pm

Mexican Kerry wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:14 pm
The ban is open-ended for them to add models as they see fit. I have about 20 firearms that are currently affected, not counting handguns which are apparently next. Its an evolving list, my old Rem 10 gauge sxs is maybe on it. My old Colt AR's are on it. Non compliance is the only option but they worded the change to make owners into criminals.

I bought a single shot 12 gauge winchester the other day from a guy, it was on the list. Fuck em, I'm stacking everything deep. The newz is ammo and mags are going to be added.
Yep, they're still adding firearms
And there's an amnesty period in effect until April 30

Canada’s Banned Firearms List Is Growing, and Quietly
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/202 ... t-growing/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”