4 Hoosiers face fraud charges for fake veterans fundraiser

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:21 am

In a press conference on Friday, United States Attorney Josh Minkler explained that the conspiracy was led by Linville who filed paperwork with the Indiana Secretary of State’s Office to form the Wounded Warrior Fund, Inc. and the Wounded Warrior Foundation, Inc. in order to receive donations from individuals and businesses in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio. Investigators from the United States Secret Service and the Clark County Sheriff’s Department said that Linville and Johnson contacted businesses and individuals around the Midwest by phone, fax and in person in order to raise funds for the Wounded Warrior Fund and the Wounded Warrior Foundation accounts by stating the funds were for veterans and their families.
All four are accused of taking $125,000 in cash, gift cards, merchandise and other donations from more than 1000 people and businesses from 2011 through 2017.
http://www.wave3.com/story/37741767/4-h ... fundraiser
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Brob324
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: 4 Hoosiers face fraud charges for fake veterans fundrais

Post by Brob324 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:40 pm

If there is any justice in this world then these four will have their dicks bitten off by a pack of rabid hyenas. Scumbags

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:05 am

They're all scumbags, as far as I'm concerned...even the 'legit' so-called charities. They keep up to 90% of donations (varies by state) for their 'operational expenses'. Operational expenses include the staff's salaries, bonuses, vehicles, trips and travel to places like Vegas or DisneyWorld for 'conferences'....advertising- how do you think a non-profit can afford to buy air time during major sporting events? They don't get the ad space for free!
it's disgusting. The directors/ceo's of the big ones are becoming millionaires.

I don't have an answer to the problem, but at least I see the problem.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:13 am

kokopelli wrote:They're all scumbags, as far as I'm concerned...even the 'legit' so-called charities. They keep up to 90% of donations (varies by state) for their 'operational expenses'. Operational expenses include the staff's salaries, bonuses, vehicles, trips and travel to places like Vegas or DisneyWorld for 'conferences'....advertising- how do you think a non-profit can afford to buy air time during major sporting events? They don't get the ad space for free!

Agree 100%!

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:07 pm

Truth
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

SSGBPowell
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by SSGBPowell » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:11 pm

Niceguy wrote:
kokopelli wrote:They're all scumbags, as far as I'm concerned...even the 'legit' so-called charities. They keep up to 90% of donations (varies by state) for their 'operational expenses'. Operational expenses include the staff's salaries, bonuses, vehicles, trips and travel to places like Vegas or DisneyWorld for 'conferences'....advertising- how do you think a non-profit can afford to buy air time during major sporting events? They don't get the ad space for free!

Agree 100%!

I agree, glad they are bringing these scumbags to justice. I hope they are made to make restitution to some kind of charity like the money was supposed to go too. After a long jail term of course.
I was only going to build one...

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”