YouTube demonetizing all gun channels?

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 108 times

YouTube demonetizing all gun channels?

Post by WLJ » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:23 am

According to Tim they are
Tim Harmsen from The Military Arms Channel writes:
“Sorry for the late text. I have a story for you. YouTube started demonetizing all gun channels last night. The moment we upload and video to YouTube, the moment it processes it’s immediately demonetized and we’re told we have to request a review after 7 days or 1000 views. This is happening to me, IV8888, Mrgunsngear, Yankee Marshal and every other gun channel I’ve talked to today.” On Facebook, MAC goes on . . .
This is YouTube’s new policy with firearms content. They flag it as not being advertiser friendly right out of the gate. You can request a manual review where a real person looks at it after their bots flag it. No big deal, right? Well, it is a big deal. You can only submit a video for manual review AFTER 7 days or 1000 views.
A video gets most of its monetized views in the first 48 hours. After that a video pretty much gets no views. No ads for the first 7 days means no money and the content creator that talks about guns is effectively screwed.
This is another example of why your support through Patreon is so important to the continued growth of the channel. YouTube is doing everything it can to run gun channels off.
If my Patreon support grows to the point where I can voluntarily demonetize my channel, you won’t have to put up with ads on my YouTube videos going forward. Please consider clicking here to become a Patreon subscriber as there are many perks to doing so besides just supporting the channel. Thanks everyone
BREAKING: YouTube Demonetizing Gun Channels
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... -channels/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: YouTube demonetizing all gun channels?

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:07 pm

They knew this was coming. They have talked about it for years. They don't want to promote guns and they aren't going to anymore.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:09 pm

If people can't see them in common peoples hands then they will seem more controversial when they are talked about and out of the norm which will help them remove them from future generations hands.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by Toddstang » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:15 pm

jackalo626 wrote:If people can't see them in common peoples hands then they will seem more controversial when they are talked about and out of the norm which will help them remove them from future generations hands.

Just look how many stores stopped selling books and magazines about firearms since 1993.
It's ok to sell High Times and Meth Monthly though.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Toddstang wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:If people can't see them in common peoples hands then they will seem more controversial when they are talked about and out of the norm which will help them remove them from future generations hands.

Just look how many stores stopped selling books and magazines about firearms since 1993.
It's ok to sell High Times and Meth Monthly though.
Never paid too much attention but most of the stores around me have a ton which is I guess rare.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:19 pm

I heard they did it to a bunch of other things also like street racing and other things that involve testosterone. All someone needs to do is buy their own server and build their own video sharing site and it will continue. I spend a ton of time on youtube daily but its usually motorcycle, racing, or mma news.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:10 pm

All paid channels will be shut down at the end of this month. Refunds are not expected
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 108 times

Post by WLJ » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Photobucket: We pissed off 90% of our customers, top that!
YouTube: Hold my beer.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:27 pm

WLJ wrote:Photobucket: We pissed off 90% of our customers, top that!
YouTube: Hold my beer.
Lol. Nice
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by rustynuts » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:54 pm

jackalo626 wrote:I heard they did it to a bunch of other things also like street racing and other things that involve testosterone. All someone needs to do is buy their own server and build their own video sharing site and it will continue. I spend a ton of time on youtube daily but its usually motorcycle, racing, or mma news.

No skinny jeans involved in those activities so they'll probably disappear soon too.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:57 pm

rustynuts wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:I heard they did it to a bunch of other things also like street racing and other things that involve testosterone. All someone needs to do is buy their own server and build their own video sharing site and it will continue. I spend a ton of time on youtube daily but its usually motorcycle, racing, or mma news.

No skinny jeans involved in those activities so they'll probably disappear soon too.
Funny thing is it just hurts their bottom end more by getring rid of good business. Im not naive and know they don't "need" the money but the more you make the better is a fact.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0

Post by Dave1965 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 pm

some people going to be missing some significant revenue like Hickok 45 and BlackRifleCoffee and some of those famous others.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Marcus » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:49 pm

Its like jack said though. It isn't limited to guns but extends to many endeavors we enjoy. Guns, hunting and trapping, survival skills, even powerlifting and strength and general shenanigan channels have been hit.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”