Concert suicide bombing in Manchester

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Concert suicide bombing in Manchester

Post by WLJ » Tue May 23, 2017 8:38 am

Manchester attack: 22 dead and 59 hurt in suicide bombing
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-40010124

Live updates
http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-england ... r-40007967

Blame Trump in 10,9,8,7.....
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 55 times

Re: Concert suicide bombing in Manchester

Post by Rem700 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:39 am

Horrible

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue May 23, 2017 8:46 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-england ... r-40007967

7:51 Breaking Islamic State group 'claims the Manchester attack'
So-called Islamic State (IS) has claimed it was behind the attack. The statement was made via IS channels on the messaging app Telegram. The group frequently claims attacks in their aftermath.
Last edited by WLJ on Tue May 23, 2017 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue May 23, 2017 8:56 am

Manchester.jpg
Manchester.jpg (37.98 KiB) Viewed 1042 times

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue May 23, 2017 9:13 am

LIER!!! Only guns kill! And it only happens in the US!

Prayers to the families. And hopefully these idiots that did this die a long horrible death...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Tue May 23, 2017 9:45 am

IMG_8531.JPG

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue May 23, 2017 9:45 am

Niceguy wrote:LIER!!! Only guns kill! And it only happens in the US!

Prayers to the families. And hopefully these idiots that did this die a long horrible death...

I think the idiot(s) that did this died in a million pieces.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Tue May 23, 2017 9:46 am

rustynuts wrote:

I did see one story where someone was arrested...I'm guessing not the actual bomber....

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue May 23, 2017 9:50 am

Wrap his ass in pork, and tether him from a tree with an explosive vest on, timed to detonate 48 hours later.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue May 23, 2017 9:51 am

ssracer wrote:
rustynuts wrote:

I did see one story where someone was arrested...I'm guessing not the actual bomber....
From the news reports I'm seeing even before all of his, and his victim's, body parts had finished hitting the walls and floor they already had an idea of the bomber's name and his cohorts.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue May 23, 2017 9:53 am

Mostly young teens and younger.
Killed and maimed in an explosion of peace and love.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Tue May 23, 2017 2:42 pm

And not one Muslim cleric steps up to condem this crap. Classy religion.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Tue May 23, 2017 3:31 pm

Toddstang wrote:And not one Muslim cleric steps up to condem this crap. Classy religion.
It wouldn't be sincere if one did condemn the guy or the act he perpetrated. After all, it's just a guy being faithful to his religion. Convert or die at the edge of the sword. This is going to be the new normal. The elites don't see a problem with the "religion of peace" and the suicide attacks. We, and our western values, are the problem. It's clear as day. There will be a breaking point somewhere down the line. Who knows what it will take to cross that line. Anyone who is an open borders advocate has the blood of these people on their hands, I do know that.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Tue May 23, 2017 7:16 pm

Toddstang wrote:And not one Muslim cleric steps up to condem this crap. Classy religion.
Not one?

Chairman of the Muslim Council of Britain:

“My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

“I understand teenagers and children have been caught up in what the police has confirmed to be a terrorist attack. This is horrific, this is criminal. May the perpetrators face the full weight of justice both in this life and the next.

“I pay tribute to the police and emergency services who have worked valiantly to save lives last night.

“They were helped by civilians who rushed into offer their support. I urge all those in the region and around the country to pool together to support those affected.”

The Manchester Council of Mosques:

“The Greater Manchester Muslin Community is saddened and horrified by reports of yet another terrorist attack, this time in our very city at the Manchester Arena yesterday.

“Our thoughts are with the victims and their families and our emergency services who are at the forefront of dealing with this tragic incident.

“This is and will always be a mindless and unjustifiable act, targeting the innocent and young in this indiscriminate manner."

“The perpetrators, whoever they may be, must bear the full consequences of their actions.”

The British Muslim Forum:

“The senseless murder of innocents is utterly deplorable. With each mass murder, the terrorists deliberately seek to foster hatred and suspicion.

“They hope our societies restrict the very values and freedoms that define our democracy. Through their vile actions, the terrorists have yet again shown no regard for any religion or humanity.

“I hope that people of all faiths and none will continue to stand together against these attackers and what they represent.

“We must not let them win by creating the divisions they so desperately seek to sow. We have much #MoreInCommon than that which divides us.”

The Conservative Muslim Forum:

“Manchester is one of the great cities of the United Kingdom. Last night, it was the venue for a pop concert starring the American singer Ariana Grande, attended by thousands of happy young children and adults, people from many different religious and ethnic backgrounds as Manchester is a very diverse city.

“As they were leaving, many were killed by an explosion. At the time of writing, the death toll stands at 22, including adults and children.

“The police have confirmed that this was a terrorist incident, carried out by a single suicide bomber. No further details have yet been released regarding the identity of the bomber, and we can assume that the police will be making every effort to identify whether there were accomplices.

“In the days to come, there will be ample time for analysis and policy prescriptions.

“Today, the thoughts and prayers of all of us are with the victims, their families and friend.

“Today we also pay tribute to those from all religious and ethnic backgrounds in our police service, in our medical teams and those from all walks of life who responded to this emergency with a shared common aim – to help and protect the victims of this most horrific of crimes.

“We will defeat this scourge by standing together, united against acts of terrorism.”

The Muslim Council of Scotland:

“We are horrified and deeply saddened to learn of the attack in Manchester last night.

“This was an act of indiscriminate hate by people who wish to break a great and diverse community.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims, the injured, their friends and family.

“We thank the emergency services for their swift and brave response. We are confident that the heartless perpetrators and their associates will be swiftly brought to justice.

“Finally, we pay tribute to the people of Manchester. We are hearing of numerous stories of courage and generosity; in defiance of the attackers. By coming together in solidarity in the face of adversity, we send a strong message that they will not win and we will not be divided.”

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue May 23, 2017 7:23 pm

And by quoting the above I am by no means saying that acts of terror perpetrated by Islamic extremists are not a very real and very serious problem that must be dealt with.

But painting with a broad brush puts us in the same camp as those who blame police for dead black youths, the NRA for school shootings, etc.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times

Post by Toddstang » Tue May 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Not a Muslim cleric or priest but whatever.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue May 23, 2017 11:16 pm

Toddstang wrote:Not a Muslim cleric or priest but whatever.
As but one example, Qadir Ahmad Chohan is the chairman of the Manchester Council of Mosques, an organization that is a coalition consisting of the leaders of over 50 mosques. He is a Muslim cleric, and some careful Googling will find multiple statements (in addition to the one above) denouncing ISIS in recent years.

For good or ill, Islam is *highly* de-centralized; there is no pope, no cardinals or bishops. Looking for an "official press release" that represents all Muslims is akin to pissing up a rope.

I know I get pissed off when I see urban "liberals" insisting that monuments commemorating heroes of the Confederacy be torn down. My ancestors wore the gray during that war, and I take offense at these narrow-minded harpies tarring me with the brush of slavery or lumping me into the same category as white supremacists--such as the nutjob who shot up the South Carolina church or the murderous bastard who stabbed the young black Army LT to death earlier this week.

I don't feel compelled to apologize for every murder motivated by racism. I gotta believe non-violent Muslims (and I know many) feel similarly.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue May 23, 2017 11:26 pm

The UK terror threat level has been raised to its highest level of "critical", meaning further attacks may be imminent, Theresa May has said.
The move came after investigators were unable to rule out whether Manchester bombing suspect Salman Abedi acted alone, the prime minister said.
Military personnel will now be deployed to protect key sites.
Manchester attack: UK terror threat level raised to critical
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40023488

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue May 23, 2017 11:36 pm

Salman Abedi, the suspected bomber, was born in Manchester

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 73 times

Post by iron369 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:20 am

Frailer wrote:
Toddstang wrote:Not a Muslim cleric or priest but whatever.
As but one example, Qadir Ahmad Chohan is the chairman of the Manchester Council of Mosques, an organization that is a coalition consisting of the leaders of over 50 mosques. He is a Muslim cleric, and some careful Googling will find multiple statements (in addition to the one above) denouncing ISIS in recent years.

For good or ill, Islam is *highly* de-centralized; there is no pope, no cardinals or bishops. Looking for an "official press release" that represents all Muslims is akin to pissing up a rope.

I know I get pissed off when I see urban "liberals" insisting that monuments commemorating heroes of the Confederacy be torn down. My ancestors wore the gray during that war, and I take offense at these narrow-minded harpies tarring me with the brush of slavery or lumping me into the same category as white supremacists--such as the nutjob who shot up the South Carolina church or the murderous bastard who stabbed the young black Army LT to death earlier this week.

I don't feel compelled to apologize for every murder motivated by racism. I gotta believe non-violent Muslims (and I know many) feel similarly.

I've said it before that I believe our country is so torn right now that the only thing that unites most of America is hatred towards Muslims. I must admit that I don't have nearly enough knowledge about Islam to make an informed decision. When 9-11 happened, I had several Iraqi refugees that worked for me at a plant. Several of them came to my house in the following weeks so I could help them with immigration papers. It seems that once you are given permission to come in to the country no one really ever checks to make sure you are still legally allowed to be here unless an event makes someone look into it. Anyway, several of the guys I worked with spent hours talking with me about the similarities between Islam and Christianity. The media, or at least some outlets, want us to believe that all Muslims are extremist at heart. Even some of the more liberal news sources suggest that only about 15% of all Muslims are extremists. The religion is about 2billion people worldwide. 15% of 2bil is about the population of the entire US. If they wanted us eliminated, we would have a difficult time defending ourselves.
Using Tapatalk

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:19 am

WLJ wrote:Salman Abedi, the suspected bomber, was born in Manchester

to refugee parents

and had exhibited concerning behavior in the past year

and recently traveled back to a radical country

if I heard right

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed May 24, 2017 9:06 am

Dave1965 wrote:
WLJ wrote:Salman Abedi, the suspected bomber, was born in Manchester

to refugee parents

and had exhibited concerning behavior in the past year

and recently traveled back to a radical country

if I heard right
There was suppose to be link in the post for the rest but for some reason I failed to put that in.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:18 am

cause you are old and liberal

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed May 24, 2017 1:24 pm

Dave1965 wrote:cause you are old and liberal
At least I can remember where all my guns are.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Wed May 24, 2017 2:06 pm

WLJ wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:cause you are old and liberal
At least I can remember where all my guns are.
Zing!!
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”