Yes it was a crazy time.

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Yes it was a crazy time.

Post by WLJ » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:37 pm

Long read but it brings back memories for those old enough to remember and can be educational for those who are not. The 70s were crazy in more ways than one.
“People have completely forgotten that in 1972 we had over nineteen hundred domestic bombings in the United States.” — Max Noel, FBI (ret.)
Days of Rage
https://status451.com/2017/01/20/days-of-rage/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Yes it was a crazy time.

Post by richief » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:34 am

I remember most of that stuff, being a teenager it didn't phase me much, but even most adults back then just shrugged it off and went about their business. Hearst prob got the most press and conversation, along with the PLO taking hostages at munich olympics.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:29 am

richief wrote:I remember most of that stuff, being a teenager it didn't phase me much, but even most adults back then just shrugged it off and went about their business. Hearst prob got the most press and conversation, along with the PLO taking hostages at munich olympics.
I wasn't a teenager yet, at the time, but I remember a lot of this stuff. Growing up in a farming community, I don't think too many were very concerned about the craziness going on in San Fran or NYC or Chicago. Today, it is my belief that these types of people are far more organized. We may never be directly affected, but, we might. Be prepared.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:33 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:
richief wrote:I remember most of that stuff, being a teenager it didn't phase me much, but even most adults back then just shrugged it off and went about their business. Hearst prob got the most press and conversation, along with the PLO taking hostages at munich olympics.
I wasn't a teenager yet, at the time, but I remember a lot of this stuff. Growing up in a farming community, I don't think too many were very concerned about the craziness going on in San Fran or NYC or Chicago. Today, it is my belief that these types of people are far more organized. We may never be directly affected, but, we might. Be prepared.
They may be far more organized, thanks to the internet, but 99% of them now-a-days are whiners rather than doers. The worst we've seen so far could be considered the Berkley riots but even there they never really left their comfort zone on campus. BLM despite all the talk is a mere shadow of what The Black Panthers were in the 70s.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”