Atf White Paper

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
shaggy1392
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Atf White Paper

Post by shaggy1392 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:30 pm

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: Atf White Paper

Post by Toddstang » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:37 pm

I read this earlier today. Very interesting. I think the ATF is worried about survival.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole
Been liked: 0

Post by Whootsinator » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:44 pm

I think it's more #2 looking to move up to #1 than the ATF as a whole. An ATF spokesperson specifically said the paper was the opinion of Ronald Turk, not the stance of the ATF.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... ddad63b34d
The “white paper” by Ronald B. Turk, associate deputy director and chief operating officer of the ATF, calls for removing restrictions on the sale of gun silencers; allowing gun dealers to have more guns used in crimes traced to their stores before the federal government requires additional information from the dealer; and initiating a study on lifting the ban on imported assault weapons.
The white paper has the ATF seal on its cover and lists Turk’s name and ATF title. But an agency spokeswoman said it doesn’t represent the views of the ATF.

“It’s simply his opinion, and it’s to generate dialogue,” said spokeswoman Jan Kemp.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Interesting for sure. They should be worried about their survival.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:43 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:Interesting for sure. They should be worried about their survival.
Toddstang wrote:I read this earlier today. Very interesting. I think the ATF is worried about survival.
WUT! Are you saying that they could go away?!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:56 am

Since the Billary years the ATF has changed, a lot. In the obama years they believed they could not only enforce laws but create them.
Now these dipshits know we have a leader who is on our side that can tame them with the stroke of a pen.
It's time for the $200 permission slips to fade away on about 90% of their BS.
As far as repealing the Hughes Amendment, don't hold your breath but I do believe we could see importation laws go away and hopefully see $50 AK parts kits once again.

KYGlassman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by KYGlassman » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:53 am

Maybe a good time to carefully evaluate those SKS and AKs you may have purchased after the price ballooned following the ban on imports before they drop in value again...

Maybe not.

Reminds me of that sudden manufacturing boom of ammo and reloading supplies that magically took place post election.

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:47 am

Lots of interesting reading there, first time ever I heard of anyone from ATF coming out and actually saying a lot of their regulations and opinions do little to impact the publics safety. While we all just shook our heads at the useless micromanaging and prohibitions, some that work there must do the same. Finally the climate has cleared and it must be getting ok to speak common sense, without fear of politica correctness persecution.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”