KY Constitutional Carry

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Whootsinator
Little Butthole
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

KY Constitutional Carry

Post by Whootsinator » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:22 pm

http://nagr.org/2017/KYPassConCarry-p.aspx

The email is a little.... stupid and aggressive... but there's the petition.
Dear ,

In just a couple of weeks, the Kentucky Legislature will convene for the start of the second part of the 2017 legislative session.

After the overwhelming victory by pro-gun candidates during the last election, a new Constitutional Carry bill, SB7, has been introduced in the Kentucky State Senate.

Last year’s Constitutional Carry bill was killed in the House Judiciary Committee.

But after last November, vital pro-gun Constitutional Carry legislation will finally have a chance to see the light of day.

That’s why I’m counting on you to sign your National Association for Gun Rights Kentucky Constitutional Carry petition today!

Constitutional Carry is the principle that law-abiding citizens should be able to carry a firearm for self-defense without begging the government for permission or paying burdensome fees.

We are committed to the passage of Constitutional Carry in the 2017 legislative session without hostile amendments or substitutions.

After the success we had earlier this year, you would think that dismayed gun control activists in Frankfort would pack it up and go home.

But they’re not. Billionaire playboy Michael Bloomberg, and his cronies are counting on us to blink first, and they are doubling down in Kentucky.

In fact, gun control activists and their allies in the state legislature have already announced their intentions to kill Constitutional Carry.

So you and I have to be ready.

Without pro-gun activists like you, Andrew, standing up for our rights, legislators would continue to support the status quo and quash our efforts.

That’s why I’m counting on you to sign your National Association for Gun Rights Kentucky Constitutional Carry petition today!

Your signed petitions make it clear to your legislators that you cannot be bought off with false promises or political excuses.

Remember to sign the petition, and consider giving a generous contribution of $25 today to help us mobilize supporters across the state.

Forward this email to three or four friends. The more Second Amendment supporters we can mobilize, the better chance we have of reclaiming our Constitutional rights in Kentucky.

The most effective lobbyist for your rights is you. Become a critical part of our efforts today.

For Freedom,

ignature

Dudley Brown
President
National Association for Gun Rights

P.S. The second part of the 2017 legislative session is only a couple weeks away.

The gun grabbers are pouring resources into Kentucky to ensure that pro-gun bills like Constitutional Carry never become law in this state.

It’s important that we keep the pressure on our State Representatives and Senators and make sure they don’t compromise our rights away.

Help us get a head start by signing your NAGR Kentucky Constitutional Carry petition and chipping in $25 to spread the word.

Thank you for all you do in the defense of freedom.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: KY Constitutional Carry

Post by richief » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:33 pm

I owe everyone an apology here. I mistakingly interpreted this years bill to allow towns to create no gun zones.
My understanding was all prohibited places were by uniform, State Statute, and listed in that statute. My current understanding is that towns allready have the power to create ordinance and, or, post NGZ signs.
That said, this looks like a good bill, and no permit required to conceal, while permitting is still in place if you choose.
Please pardon my ignorance in opposing what looks like a pro second ammendment bill.
Rich
Last edited by richief on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:07 pm

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Vividia » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:29 pm

I can't support a bill that makes it simple to prohibit concealed carry by any business. Enough businesses post signs makes concealed carry meaningless. I posted as much on the legiscan site.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:32 pm

Good stuff, this is why we need to talk about it.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:11 am

Vividia wrote:I can't support a bill that makes it simple to prohibit concealed carry by any business. Enough businesses post signs makes concealed carry meaningless. I posted as much on the legiscan site.
i may or may not typically ignore those signs...fortunately right not in KY they carry no weight of law

richief

Post by richief » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:52 am

Deleted opposition to this years Carry Bill. See above post of explanation.
Last edited by richief on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:27 am

richief wrote:Currently ky statutes are state wide with regards to places off limits with a cdw, and those few are clearly listed in the Statute.
This bill gives the right to any local Governments and municipalities to ban carrying in any of their buildings, just by posting a sign.
So in essence the bill says no permit required to carry, but then allows much more prohibbited places.
Nahh, leave it the way it is unless you want to walk back to your car to put your pocket knife away going to the library.
I don't mind paying for a permit that is honored in 30 sum odd other states, and keeps it simple and allows very few prohibited places.

This

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:08 am

For sure
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

richief

Post by richief » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:45 am

My bad, see above.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:29 am

Constitutional Carry Bill in Kentucky Pulled from Consideration
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... ideration/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:47 am

I didn't realize KY would sub CWL for NICS.
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:49 am

PDM wrote:I didn't realize KY would sub CWL for NICS.
yep
Last edited by WLJ on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:51 am

Since I've been here, a check has been run on me at least a half dozen times. I've always offered it but the check was run anyway
Tench Coxe

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:53 am

I did have a shop still do it anyway, he said his insurance company told him to do it anyway to cover his ass in case the state screwed up revoking someone's CCDW. Which did happen a few years ago in a murder case.
Last edited by WLJ on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:54 am

PDM wrote:Since I've been here, a check has been run on me at least a half dozen times. I've always offered it but the check was run anyway
Where are you buying? I haven't had an NICS check run since I got mine except at Walmart when I bought the American Rifle .308 for $199.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:55 am

rustynuts wrote:
PDM wrote:Since I've been here, a check has been run on me at least a half dozen times. I've always offered it but the check was run anyway
Where are you buying? I haven't had an NICS check run since I got mine except at Walmart when I bought the American Rifle .308 for $199.
Pawn shop, Bourbon City, Cabelas

Gun Co didn't
Tench Coxe

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:57 am

Ky Gun Co? That's odd. Haven't made any purchases at the other places lately though.

Edit: Never mind, I didn't see that Keene's didn't run one.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:00 am

Guess I just look sketchy
Tench Coxe

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:01 am

That must be it.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:20 pm

rustynuts wrote:
Actually if you have a ccdw, KSP runs a NICS check on you every month.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:49 pm

justang1997 wrote:
rustynuts wrote:
Wouldn't doubt it.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:56 pm

rustynuts wrote:
justang1997 wrote:
rustynuts wrote:
Wouldn't doubt it.
they do. That's why you can't use number of nics checks as a gauge for firearm sales numbers here

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:12 pm

ssracer wrote:
rustynuts wrote:
justang1997 wrote:
rustynuts wrote:
Wouldn't doubt it.
they do. That's why you can't use number of nics checks as a gauge for firearm sales numbers here
And why we don't have to wait.

richief

Post by richief » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:48 pm

Looks like some Senetors are trying to kill SB7. Urge folks to make a call allowing a vote.
" Please call Senate President Robert Stivers II at 502-564-3120 and urge him to reverse course and bring SB 7 to the Senate floor for a vote"

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”