Right to Work

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Re: Right to Work

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:28 am

the roads into frankfort yesterday were plastered with yard signs with the union label and saying something about this issue....

It struck me so hard that I remembered the saying....oops I didn't

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Jakob » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:30 am

Yes please, that's all I have to say about it.
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:19 pm

I remember seeing a piece on MSN with All Sharpten. He was helping a union that covered workers at an old folks home. The workers wanted to wear their union shirts at the facility instead of their uniform. He marched with them. Pressuring the management to change policy to allow them to wear their t-shirts. I remember thinking that was retarded, but he proclaimed it was a win for labor??

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:29 pm

I'm all for option. That's coming from a former Local union VP. I figured at the time that since I had to be in the union, I may as well be in charge. My opinion is that the union will do better at listening to members if it actually has to work to keep their dues.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:39 pm

I can see a mass exodus from the union at UPS, particularly among the newer hires. The Teamsters forsake the new hires and lower seniority in order to keep money coming into the union's pocket.

When I started, new hires got benefits 90 days after seniority. Now it's a year, plus.

Starting wage has been stagnant.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:43 pm

My opinion is Union's "should" not be necessary because employers should be forced to do the right thing by their employees by law, but i also understand sometimes unions are necessary to accomplish the proper treatment of its members. I still cant see how this will be a bad change as it will force unions to actually be more than a money pit that gives to political parties. They will experience true capitalism instead of forced membership. If they delivery to members then more will join because it will be worth it, if they continue doing what they have always done then i believe they will cease to exist.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:55 pm

Imho, being non union in a union shop is much the same as stealing someone else's Internet. You aren't paying the bill, but you're getting the benefits.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:55 pm

Marcus wrote:Imho, being non union in a union shop is much the same as stealing someone else's Internet. You aren't paying the bill, but you're getting the benefits.
This

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:11 pm

meh, you can use that analogy on a lot of things....

People who own homes and have no kids pay school tax and never get to use it

90% of the people in a county pay a library tax and probably never use the library

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:23 pm

Dave1965 wrote:meh, you can use that analogy on a lot of things....

90% of the people in a county pay a library tax and probably never use the library
That first one fits me perfectly. I pay so all the kids across the street can go to school, while their parents don't pay a dime.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:34 am

Marcus wrote:Imho, being non union in a union shop is much the same as stealing someone else's Internet. You aren't paying the bill, but you're getting the benefits.
How so? You wouldn't be receiving any Union benefits. Or are you just saying on the negotiation side of things and over all treatment in the workplace type of thing?

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:59 am

Rem700 wrote:
How so? You wouldn't be receiving any Union benefits. Or are you just saying on the negotiation side of things and over all treatment in the workplace type of thing?
You're receiving all the union benefits. Better pay, safer work environment, other negotiated benefits such as insurance and vacation time, etc.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Jff24Gordn
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jff24Gordn » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:51 am

rustynuts wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:meh, you can use that analogy on a lot of things....

That first one fits me perfectly. I pay so all the kids across the street can go to school, while their parents don't pay a dime.
I own a farm in IN and live in KY. I pay $9k a year in taxes and I don't get any use of the services I pay for.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:09 am

Marcus wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
You're receiving all the union benefits. Better pay, safer work environment, other negotiated benefits such as insurance and vacation time, etc.
Gotcha and your right. What you wouldn't have is the backing of the union if something happened to you though.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:12 am

Rem700 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
Gotcha and your right. What you wouldn't have is the backing of the union if something happened to you though.
Sorry you have all the union benifits of pay, benifits and representation of a steward.
By federal labor law.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:26 am

Fudge wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
Sorry you have all the union benifits of pay, benifits and representation of a steward.
By federal labor law.

JCTA will not represent if you are non union.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Union is required by federal law to represent all.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:35 am

From NLB
Attachments
IMG_1398.PNG

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:38 am

Maybe not in school , but in the slaughterhouse there will still be representation per the CBA

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by iron369 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:09 pm

Nonunion positions are not part of the collective agreement therefore not protected by the union representatives. Union positions in right to work states allows union members in union positions to not have to pay dues to be represented.
Using Tapatalk

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”