DC gun laws

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 96 times

DC gun laws

Post by iron369 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:36 am

On vacation this summer my travels will bring me to Washington DC. Theres a plethora of information that is out dated on DC gun laws on a quick search. I know they made some big changes this last year for residents. But I won't be a resident. I won't even be staying in DC. We have booked a room in Arlington just to avoid DC's laws. Of course, my main objective is my families safety, so I'm looking for some reliable info. From what I've read, it makes a difference that the hotel is not in DC, just stopping through. Anyways, just thought someone might be able to shed some light on the matter. Thanks
Using Tapatalk

plumber_bob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: DC gun laws

Post by plumber_bob » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:51 am

I'm not saying that this is good advice, but my dad used to travel around the country alot, ( back in the 80's and 90's). He used to carry a flare pistol with a WP flare loaded in it. Not a fire arm as far as we know, all plastic as far as I know but prolly not the firing pin or any springs. A real 12 gauge round would be a bad thing to shoot off in it. but it did do flares good.

Just putting it out there

pb
"One Man With Courage is a Majority"

plumber_bob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by plumber_bob » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:53 am

Oh ya,... Shoot 'em in the FACE!!!

pb
"One Man With Courage is a Majority"

Joe
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:08 pm

Open carry.org then find your state Washington

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:29 am

Joe wrote:Open carry.org then find your state Washington
that would be District of Columbia

Washington state at the other end of the country...the ass end.... :lol:

MLH40324
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MLH40324 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:13 pm

I've spent over five and a half years in DC/Northern Virginia and just completed my final tour last month. You are good in VA but no guns allowed in DC. DC tourist areas are actually pretty safe, you might see a few bums but they are harmless. You will be screened at nearly all attractions so don't bother trying to carry. Subway/metro is safe. DC is one of my favorite places and I even let my teenage kids roam the city and metro without worry. Most of my favorites are in VA anyways; they include Arlington Cemetary, Marine Corps Memorial, Mt. Vernon, and Old Town Alexandria. You will have a blast. Good luck!

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”