Trump.... First 100 days Gun Related

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Trump.... First 100 days Gun Related

Post by Next » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:33 pm

So lots of stuff floating out there....

Collectible Firearms Protection Act for the M1 Garands, Carbines and 1911's overseas to be shipped to USA.
Hearing Protection Act to protect hearing for shooters - AKA no more stamps on suppressors
Upgraded Background Checks
National concealed Carry Reciprocity - several bills in the works.

What do you think will really get done in the first 100 days if any???

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Re: Trump.... First 100 days Gun Related

Post by Marcus » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:36 pm

I'd love to think all, but in reality I don't think any of it will be done that quickly.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:45 pm

Marcus wrote:I'd love to think all, but in reality I don't think any of it will be done that quickly.
This
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:46 pm

Rand Paul says Trump will spend his first month signing repeals of Obama regs.

Like Marcus, I don't think the gun stuff will happen so fast
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:47 pm

They've got two years of guaranteed majority to get it done. After that who knows.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:49 pm

"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:52 pm

Flushing Obamacare down the toilet bowel of history should be the first order of the day
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:18 pm

Marcus wrote:I'd love to think all, but in reality I don't think any of it will be done that quickly.
Time to wait on a can now is close to a year.

I'm willing to bet by this time next year he will be approached on repealing the NFA suppressors.

With his son being very pro 2nd Amendment, I think he will be burning his dads ear on how to make us uneducated red-necks happy.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:19 pm

Hope even more shipments of Euro guns and ammo, and also complete AK parts kits.

Have more $50 complete AK kits would be very nice.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:52 pm

How about selling some military surplus. I want myself a M9. Crazy if I could actually buy one that I carried.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:41 pm

I doubt seriously if he does any gun stuff in the first 6 months.

He needs to get that wall funded and going or lose face :)

Also work on the inner cities (where he will fail)

and ISIS (another fail in my eyes)

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:02 pm

He will do nothing gun related in 100 day

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:50 am

First three would be easy enough. I can't begin to imagine how to draft legislation to cover carrying in commie states where even hollow points are illegal, and no peasant can carry.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:49 pm

First thing he needs to do is appoint a new AG and get on that Clinton investigation:)
:llama:

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:52 pm

Mike wrote:First thing he needs to do is appoint a new AG and get on that Clinton investigation:)
Rudy Giuliani.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole
Been liked: 0

Post by Whootsinator » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:57 pm

"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:10 pm

Toddstang wrote:
Mike wrote:First thing he needs to do is appoint a new AG and get on that Clinton investigation:)
Rudy Giuliani.
Yessir!

Meet Trump's Cabinet-in-waiting
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:11 pm

Freedom lovers need to start writing letters NOW. We need to be the squeaky wheel
Tench Coxe

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:12 pm

PDM wrote:
Freedom lovers need to start writing letters NOW. We need to be the squeaky wheel
SilencerCo has made that very easy.

http://www.fightthenoise.org/take-action/

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:24 pm

PDM wrote:
Already started.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:19 pm

Five Fast Gun Reforms President Trump Will Sign Into Law
http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/11/09 ... will-make/

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:50 pm

If we're so upset with the media, let's not post bullshit articles with untrue clickbait headlines just because it's our side. No one knows what WILL be passed, and to my knowledge Trump hasn't commented on suppressors or the importation of old guns.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:56 pm

I take any and all news articles with a grain of salt. Sometimes I may post a link if I think it may be relevant to the conversation without passing judgment on it. Maybe a bad habit on my part.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:13 pm

WLJ wrote:Five Fast Gun Reforms President Trump Will Sign Into Law
http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/11/09 ... will-make/

Title says WILL

body of the document says COULD

trashy media by lines

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:17 pm

Thomas Massie
4th District
Kentucky

Congress of the United States
House of Representatives

November 10, 2016
Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting me about the Second Amendment. I appreciate hearing from you.

I will work vigorously to defend the rights of gun owners. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is not principally about hunting or recreation. In fact, the Second Amendment to our Constitution is our Founding Fathers' restatement of our natural God-given right to defend life, liberty, and property.

I'm a decade-long concealed carry permit holder and Class III firearms collector. When I was twelve years old, my father bought me my first gun, an H&R .410 shotgun. In the course of hunting in the woods of Kentucky, he taught me the great responsibility that comes with ownership of a firearm. Now that I am a father of four, I enjoy teaching these same lessons to my children through hunting and target practice.

On January 6th, 2015, I introduced H.R. 86, the "Safe Students Act." This bill would repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990. Gun-free zones prevent law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves, and create vulnerable populations that are targeted by criminals.

On February 27th, 2015, I co-sponsored H.R. 131, a bill introduced by Rep. Morgan Griffith. This bill would ensure that the interstate transportation of firearms and ammunition is protected by federal law.

On October 28th, 2015, I co-sponsored the "Hearing Protection Act" (H.R. 3799). Introduced by Representative Matt Salmon, H.R. 3799 would eliminate the $200 transfer tax on firearm sound suppressors (also known as silencers).

I am also a co-sponsor of H.R. 2710, the "Lawful Purpose and Self Defense Act." Introduced by Representative Rob Bishop, H.R. 2710 would prevent the Department of Justice from classifying certain types of rifle ammunition as "armor piercing," eliminate restrictions on the importation of lawful firearms, remove shotguns and shotgun shells from the definition of "destructive devices" under the National Firearms Act, and allow interstate transfer of firearms for lawful purposes.

I oppose any attempt by the DOJ or any government agency to ban ammunition or firearms. In February of 2015, I co-signed a letter along with 237 of my colleagues to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) opposing a proposed ban on "green tip" (.223/5.56) ammunition. As a result of our efforts, the ATF stated on March 10, 2015, that it would not issue the ban "at this time." On June 3, 2015, I offered an amendment to the Commerce, Justice, Science Appropriations Bill (H.R. 2578) that would prevent the ATF from banning rifle ammunition as "armor piercing" simply because it could be used in a handgun. My amendment passed by a vote of 250-171.

I am also opposed to any attempt by the federal government to expand background checks or restrict law-abiding citizens from exercising their Second Amendment Rights. In July of 2015, it was reported that the Social Security Administration was considering expanding the list of Social Security beneficiaries who get reported to NICS to include any beneficiary assigned a "representative payee." The NICS is used to prevent gun sales to felons, drug addicts, illegal immigrants, and others. To prevent these arbitrary restrictions, I have co-sponsored H.R. 3126 and H.R. 3516. Both of these bills would protect the Second Amendment rights of Social Security beneficiaries and others.

On December 17, 2015, I filed an amicus brief along with 14 of my colleagues to Defense Distributed v. United States Department of State in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. In June 2013, Defense Distributed, a Texas non-profit committed to defending the right to bear arms, made technical information about 3D-printing of legal firearms available for free on the Internet. The State Department forced the company to withdraw the posted information, citing the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), a U.S. law which bans export of sensitive information. Defense Distributed sought an injunction against the State Department in 2015, claiming that the ban violated the First, Second, and Fifth Amendments to the Constitution. A Texas district court denied the injunction, but the company has appealed the ruling to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. My brief was filed in support of the appeal.

Thank you again for writing to me about this critical issue. Please contact me again with any additional questions or concerns.
Sincerely,

Thomas Massie
Member of Congress

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”