I voted...post up

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: I voted...post up

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:10 pm

The Arizona Republic reports that the electors are not legally required to vote for Trump despite having pledged to support the party nominee. A number of electors told The Republic that they’ve been barraged with thousands of emails, phone calls and letters urging them to break that promise.

“It is total harassment,” Robert Graham, an elector and chairman of the state Republican Party, said. “It started about a week ago. Now? 'Bam!' It’s hardcore.”
Bruce Ash, another elector and Arizona’s GOP national committeeman told the Republic he had also received hundreds in what he called “an outright political maneuver.” He said many of the calls were hateful.

"They demonize me, they call me a homophobic, an isolationist, a bigot, a misogynist, and an anti-Semite, which is interesting because I'm Jewish," he told the Republic.

Sharon Geise said she has received as many as 8,000 overtures, and now doesn’t even dare to answer her phone.

“Hillary’s got a great campaign going,” she said.
Arizona's presidential electors being harassed, urged not to cast vote for Trump
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11 ... trump.html
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:16 pm

Read that all the celebs that said they were going to leave have changed their mind and aren't going anywhere.
Surprised?
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:35 pm

WLJ wrote:Read that all the celebs that said they were going to leave have changed their mind and aren't going anywhere.
Surprised?
Nope.

Dance for me you brainless monkeys.

I pay you to entertain me, not to hear your stupid and worthless opinions.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:34 pm

Fudge wrote:Gen Mattis as sec of defense.

I'm for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i hope that happens

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:39 pm

Get your Hillary stuff before it's gone......like Hillary

Everything Must Go: Clinton Campaign Marks Down Remaining Hillary Swag
http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/18/every ... lary-swag/

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:42 pm

Saw the George, whatever his name is...the hispanic comedian...stated his home was in escrow and he was leaving but wouldn't say where to

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:45 pm

Dave1965 wrote:Saw the George, whatever his name is...the hispanic comedian...stated his home was in escrow and he was leaving but wouldn't say where to
Look it up and sure enough

BREAKING: It’s Official, Trump-Hating ‘Comedian’ George Lopez is Leaving U.S….
http://toprightnews.com/breaking-its-of ... g-america/

Last edited by WLJ on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:50 pm

WLJ wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:Saw the George, whatever his name is...the hispanic comedian...stated his home was in escrow and he was leaving but wouldn't say where to

I wouldn't lie to you

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:32 pm

WLJ wrote:

Good luck getting over that wall in a few years!

GTFO!

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:28 am

WLJ wrote:Read that all the celebs that said they were going to leave have changed their mind and aren't going anywhere.
Surprised?
EVERYONE knew they wouldn't. They just thought their odds of facing it were slim.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:28 am

Toddstang wrote:
Surprised?
Nope.

I say this all the time.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:29 am

Toddstang wrote:
WLJ wrote:

Good luck getting over that wall in a few years!

GTFO!
Lol

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Nolan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:46 am

Toddstang wrote:
Surprised?
Nope.

This
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:47 am

Funny how Hollywood actors think their opinion matters to us

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:47 am

Dance monkey dance

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:49 am

Toddstang wrote:
Surprised?
Nope.

Like this?
Vice President-elect Mike Pence booed at 'Hamilton'
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11 ... ilton.html

This is the same play that got in trouble for putting out casting calls for "non-whites only" a while back.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:05 am

File under Be careful what you ask for
Ahasan also encouraged students to oppose Trump by any means necessary.

“Exercise your Second Amendment right,” he said through the megaphone. “Let’s make the [National Rifle Association] NRA regret giving us the right to bear arms.”
Students rally against Trump, call for sanctuary campus
http://huntnewsnu.com/2016/11/students- ... ry-campus/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:21 am

He expects liberals to apologize? I'm not holding my breath.
video at the link of the lecture they decided to give Pence at the play.

Trump says 'Hamilton' cast 'rude' to Pence, 'harrased' him, wants apology
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11 ... ilton.html

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:03 pm

The Hamilton stunt was indeed rude. They knew it too, which is why they did the whole "thank you for coming, but..."

Kind of like "I don't mean to be rude..." or "With all due respect.."

Sadly, civility is a very rare thing. Gotta give props to the current president for being an exception. He clearly hates the way things turned out, but he's acting like a grown-up.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:15 pm

Frailer wrote:

Gotta give props to the current president for being an exception. He clearly hates the way things turned out, but he's acting like a grown-up.
By telling the left to stay loud and keep up the protests?
Umm, okay.
:roll:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:34 pm

This same cast invited Hillary back stage and hugged her on stage from what I've read.
Guess they didn't want to commit suicide later.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:21 pm

Instead of boycotting the company, supporters of the president-elect are going to Starbucks and telling the employees that their name is “Trump.” These cup protesters are taking selfies of their Trump-named cups and going to Twitter. The trending hashtag #TrumpCup is blowing up.
#TrumpCup Is Happening at Starbucks
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/jasonhopki ... s-n2247655

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:32 pm

And the meltdown continues

Democrat 'appalled' by Wall Street rally since Trump win
https://origin-nyi.thehill.com/policy/f ... tion-rally
The top Democrat on the House Financial Service committee said she’s disgusted by Wall Street’s record-breaking week following Donald Trump’s victory in the presidential race.

Rep. Maxine Waters (Calif.) said Wall Street’s boom after Trump’s election, reacting to “a massive, destabilizing, lawless agenda,” was no replacement for broad economic growth.

“I’m appalled that the reaction to Tuesday’s election on Wall Street is record highs for bank stocks,” said Waters on Tuesday. “Short lived increases in the stock market are not the same as real, hard-earned economic growth, and the demise of the regulations Wall Street is cheering are the same regulations that have made our consumers, investors and economy safer and more resilient.”

The Dow Jones industrial index closed at a record high Monday, stretching its best week since 2011 into a six-day winning streak. Despite an initial plummet as votes were counted Tuesday night, stocks have soared since Trump’s election.

Finance and energy stocks have performed the best as traders anticipate deregulation of both industries under the Trump administration.
Trump has promised to “dismantle” the Dodd-Frank financial reform law but hasn’t spelled out how he’d do that. The Wall Street Journal reported that his transition team has focused on eliminating certain reviled provisions of the law instead of the whole thing.

Those provisions include the Financial Oversight Stability Council’s ability to label banks systemically important financial institutions (SIFI), nicknamed “too big to fail.” That label subjects banks to tougher Federal Reserve oversight, along with stricter capital and stability standards.

Trump would also eliminate Title II of Dodd-Frank, which allows the federal government to take over and liquidate failing financial firms, according to the Journal. The system was created as a means to avoid another federal bailout of crumbling banks.

Waters questioned what Trump would do once he’s sworn into office, slamming his widespread financial entanglements. But she praised his promise to reimpose a firewall between consumer and investment banking, previously in place through the Glass-Steagall Act, which was repealed under President Bill Clinton.

“Does he mean letting the Wall Street banks he’s so indebted to write their own rules? Does it mean repealing the fair housing laws the Department of Justice sued him over decades ago? Does he want to repeal investor protections and make it harder for the SEC to go after bad actors?” asked Waters. “Does he means breaking up the banks by reinstating Glass-Steagall? In that regard, I’m sure we could find some common ground.”

“I’m curious to see Republicans in Congress will react to this wide-ranging, sometimes progressive agenda,” Waters said.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:46 pm

WLJ wrote:And the meltdown continues

The top Democrat on the House Financial Service committee said she’s disgusted by Wall Street’s record-breaking week following Donald Trump’s victory in the presidential race.

Rep. Maxine Waters (Calif.) said Wall Street’s boom after Trump’s election, reacting to “a massive, destabilizing, lawless agenda,” was no replacement for broad economic growth.

“I’m appalled that the reaction to Tuesday’s election on Wall Street is record highs for bank stocks,” said Waters on Tuesday. “Short lived increases in the stock market are not the same as real, hard-earned economic growth, and the demise of the regulations Wall Street is cheering are the same regulations that have made our consumers, investors and economy safer and more resilient.”

The Dow Jones industrial index closed at a record high Monday, stretching its best week since 2011 into a six-day winning streak. Despite an initial plummet as votes were counted Tuesday night, stocks have soared since Trump’s election.

Finance and energy stocks have performed the best as traders anticipate deregulation of both industries under the Trump administration.
Trump has promised to “dismantle” the Dodd-Frank financial reform law but hasn’t spelled out how he’d do that. The Wall Street Journal reported that his transition team has focused on eliminating certain reviled provisions of the law instead of the whole thing.

Those provisions include the Financial Oversight Stability Council’s ability to label banks systemically important financial institutions (SIFI), nicknamed “too big to fail.” That label subjects banks to tougher Federal Reserve oversight, along with stricter capital and stability standards.

Trump would also eliminate Title II of Dodd-Frank, which allows the federal government to take over and liquidate failing financial firms, according to the Journal. The system was created as a means to avoid another federal bailout of crumbling banks.

Waters questioned what Trump would do once he’s sworn into office, slamming his widespread financial entanglements. But she praised his promise to reimpose a firewall between consumer and investment banking, previously in place through the Glass-Steagall Act, which was repealed under President Bill Clinton.

“Does he mean letting the Wall Street banks he’s so indebted to write their own rules? Does it mean repealing the fair housing laws the Department of Justice sued him over decades ago? Does he want to repeal investor protections and make it harder for the SEC to go after bad actors?” asked Waters. “Does he means breaking up the banks by reinstating Glass-Steagall? In that regard, I’m sure we could find some common ground.”

“I’m curious to see Republicans in Congress will react to this wide-ranging, sometimes progressive agenda,” Waters said.
A. No one cares what that moonbat Waters thinks.
B. What would she know about "hard-earned" economic growth. She has been a dweller in the DC porkapalooza fest for decades taking full advantage of all the insider info she can gobble up with that fat mouth of hers.
C. Your party was just summarily dispatched, so, STFU & GTFO!

Elections have consequences. You lost. You lose. You've been losing. You will continue to lose.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:18 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:
WLJ wrote:And the meltdown continues

A. No one cares what that moonbat Waters thinks.
B. What would she know about "hard-earned" economic growth. She has been a dweller in the DC porkapalooza fest for decades taking full advantage of all the insider info she can gobble up with that fat mouth of hers.
C. Your party was just summarily dispatched, so, STFU & GTFO!

Elections have consequences. You lost. You lose. You've been losing. You will continue to lose.
They don't want people to think for themselves. They want minions. Mindful, scared, brainwashed minions.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”