Bad Cop

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Bad Cop

Post by Rem700 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:40 am

http://www.wlky.com/article/former-depu ... st/6798497

Why only 2 years? Pretty sure if i busted into someones house, tazed and cuffed them and charged him with crimes he didnt commit i would get a hell of a lot more than 2 years. This is the stuff that the good cops need to push back on and make an example of these ass hats. People like this need to go away for a long time. From what i read in other articles this guys has a history of stuff like this but this is the first time he has been charged. 2 years is a joke IMO.

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Bad Cop

Post by Nolan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:11 am

Wtf?
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:28 am

Actually that's a long sentence; our criminal justice system is screwed up. Attempted murder convictions have been lucky to get two years in Jefferson County. Robbery convictions are getting 12 months and credited time served. Recently a homicide conviction was given home incarceration...

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:30 am

kokopelli wrote:Actually that's a long sentence; our criminal justice system is screwed up. Attempted murder convictions have been lucky to get two years in Jefferson County. Robbery convictions are getting 12 months and credited time served. Recently a homicide conviction was given home incarceration...
Are you fucking kidding? How can prosecutors and judges sleep at night......

I dont even know what else to say.....

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:14 pm

Rem700 wrote:
kokopelli wrote:Actually that's a long sentence; our criminal justice system is screwed up. Attempted murder convictions have been lucky to get two years in Jefferson County. Robbery convictions are getting 12 months and credited time served. Recently a homicide conviction was given home incarceration...

They sleep quite easily, they don't have to live in the neighborhoods or deal with the people they charge with crimes other than at their jobs.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:17 pm

My sister's worthless piece of shit husband molested her (at the time 14 year old) daughter and was convicted and all this doushbag got was probation and had to register as a sex offender. No time served at all.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:18 pm

Niceguy wrote:My sister's worthless piece of shit husband molested her (at the time 14 year old) daughter and was convicted and all this doushbag got was probation and had to register as a sex offender. No time served at all.
Wow

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Rem700 wrote:

Gerard Butler in Law Abiding Citizen.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:33 pm

I imagine the police are just as frustrated about these things as the citizens. It gives them as a whole a bad reputation, because the majority of some can not distinguish between what one does from the rest that do what they are supposed to.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:36 pm

Toecutter1978 wrote:I imagine the police are just as frustrated about these things as the citizens. It gives them as a whole a bad reputation, because the majority of some can not distinguish between what one does from the rest that do what they are supposed to.
Agreed. Most officers i have had to deal with have been nice and professional. Yes there are bad eggs in every organization, police are no different. The difference is it seems that the higher ups would rather cover or condone the behavior instead of stomping a hole in his ass like they should have. The legal system side they have no control over and i know thats got to be even more frustrating to them given they are putting their lives on the line to enforce the laws only to see people released with a slap on the wrist.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:54 pm

Then you have a legal system that is not only turning a blind eye, but actually cultivating outright aggression towards them. LE and military have the highest alcohol, drug abuse, and suicide rates than any other profession. Sad when the protectors can not protect themselves anymore.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:08 pm

Toecutter1978 wrote:Then you have a legal system that is not only turning a blind eye, but actually cultivating outright aggression towards them. LE and military have the highest alcohol, drug abuse, and suicide rates than any other profession. Sad when the protectors can not protect themselves anymore.
Word

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Very true....
:llama:

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Toecutter1978 wrote:
Rem700 wrote:

They sleep quite easily, they don't have to live in the neighborhoods or deal with the people they charge with crimes other than at their jobs.
Truth. Every judge I dealt with getting search warrants signed after hours lived in Prospect.

I worked with this officer for years...he was known as one of those guys that was 'off' but he had buddies...the department is all about who your buddies are...

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”