Gun Control Watch

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: Gun Control Watch

Post by KYgundude » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:46 pm

badvoltron wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:56 am
That is basically the main reason I complied, as much as the whole thing is ridiculous, I could not allow myself to become a felon over this, as much as I know it will never be enforced.

Im very surprised the number is so low, but I understand why it could be so low.
I totally get this man. If I had one I'd probably do the same. I may not like the law but unless it's speeding, I stay within it for my own sense of integrity.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:15 pm

etownguy wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:28 pm
WLJ wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:34 am
etownguy wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:29 am
https://www.armslist.com/posts/14552968 ... 5k-package

I messaged this person and told them it was risky business to post this up for sale... not to mention WAY overpriced.
Did you catch the list date?
Listed On: Thursday, June 1, 2023
Just a wee bit suspicious

what was the price? Requires login to see.
$2,099
Notice the vertical foregrip as well?
Last edited by WLJ on Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:16 pm

I “complied” in that the brace is no longer attached to the gun. I briefly thought about taking the “free” stamp, but I’ve already got an SBR. One of the main reasons I wanted a short, not an SBR is for travel. I’m not sending the ATF a notice any time I want to cross state lines with more than my carry gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:19 pm

ssracer wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:16 pm
I “complied” in that the brace is no longer attached to the gun. I briefly thought about taking the “free” stamp, but I’ve already got an SBR. One of the main reasons I wanted a short, not an SBR is for travel. I’m not sending the ATF a notice any time I want to cross state lines with more than my carry gun.

Despite what the director said at the hearing the ATF later "clarified" that just having the brace is intent.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:19 pm

And people wonder why I went the bullpup route to avoid dealing with BS like this

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Gun Control Watch

Post by ssracer » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:46 pm

WLJ wrote:
ssracer wrote:

Despite what the director said at the hearing the ATF later "clarified" that just having the brace is intent.
1. I’m covered under the current injunction as both an FPC member and a Maxim brace owner anyway.
2. I’ve made changes to the gun that don’t allow the brace to currently be used.
3. Until the ATF director is tried for perjury for lying to Congress under oath about this they can kiss my pale white ass.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:48 pm

ssracer wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:46 pm
WLJ wrote:
ssracer wrote:

1. I’m covered under the current injunction as both an FPC member and a Maxim brace owner anyway.
2. I’ve made changes to the gun that don’t allow the brace to currently be used.
3. Until the ATF director is tried for perjury for lying to Congress under oath about this they can kiss my pale white ass.

Do remember you saying #1 in another thread now
Agree with #3

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:52 pm

Only the government can get away with this shit

In99xBk_d.jpg
In99xBk_d.jpg (65.92 KiB) Viewed 5414 times

badvoltron
Little Butthole
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by badvoltron » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:01 pm

Yup I would have never bought them if I saw this coming. Now that I have them just removing the brace means I wont want to use them and they will never leave the house, which to me is unacceptable too. I plan on using/training myself with them in their SBR form as much as I can before this ban crumbles and the conditional form one with it. I want to take full advantage of practicing with them in sbr form.

Just like any presidential election your choices are either a shit sandwich or a giant douche. They pretty much gave us the same choice with the brace ban.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:18 pm

This all came about because they were used in ONE SINGLE CRIME isn't it? Statistically what percentage of crimes have these been used in since they have been released?

I haven't kept up with this at all really because I saw it coming a LOOOOONG time ago and feel it will not even remotely stop here either. We will be another Canada or Australia in my lifetime I believe.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:21 pm

Niceguy wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:18 pm
This all came about because they were used in ONE SINGLE CRIME isn't it? Statistically what percentage of crimes have these been used in since they have been released?

I haven't kept up with this at all really because I saw it coming a LOOOOONG time ago and feel it will not even remotely stop here either. We will be another Canada or Australia in my lifetime I believe.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
Sooner if the 2024 elections go south.
Being able to log jam them in the senate after the 2020 elections and then gaining the house in 2022 is about the only things that kept major gun bills from passing.Biden had his pen ready to sign. We'll see what happens in 2024. Don't think many realize just how razor edge it's been the past few years.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:30 pm

etownguy wrote:
WLJ wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:34 am
etownguy wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:29 am
https://www.armslist.com/posts/14552968 ... 5k-package

I messaged this person and told them it was risky business to post this up for sale... not to mention WAY overpriced.
Did you catch the list date?
Listed On: Thursday, June 1, 2023
Just a wee bit suspicious

what was the price? Requires login to see.
$2,099
Wow brace plus forward grip. Should have told him nice try fed boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users liked the author Dustin for the post:
Niceguy
Rating: 12.5%
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:21 pm

Here's Sheila Jackson Lee on why braces should be banned
Apparently they cause mass shootings
And make guns automatic... or something

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee explains why stabilizing braces should be banned
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/06/13/r ... d-n2384490

I think I got brain cancer from watching that.
And people vote for her

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:37 am

Damn, what drugs is she on?
These users liked the author rustynuts for the post:
Niceguy

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:43 am

rustynuts wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:37 am
She's always like that. If you dare go search for some of her speeches. She'll say some of the most detached from reality things you'll ever hear in your life. She is currently in her 14th terms as rep. That should tell you something about her district. (Houston)
These users liked the author WLJ for the post:
Niceguy

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:33 am

WLJ wrote:
rustynuts wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:37 am
She's always like that. If you dare go search for some of her speeches. She'll say some of the most detached from reality things you'll ever hear in your life. She is currently in her 14th terms as rep. That should tell you something about her district. (Houston)
One of my favorites is that an AR weighs as much as 10 boxes you might be carrying

YeeHaw
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Post by YeeHaw » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:22 pm

They just posted this for him, so I’m leaving it right here so that we are informed…Image yes I need to charge my phone! Image

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:46 am

Gets raided by the IRS and they take the 4473s.
Tom Van Hoose has owned Highwood Creed Outfitters in Great Falls, Montana for 13 years. As he pulled into work Wednesday morning, twenty heavily armed Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division agents swarmed his store. He tells TTAG that the IRS agents, in full battle rattle, had been mustered from as far away as Denver and Idaho to serve a warrant for his financial records.
The question then is, why would the IRS want customer transaction information? Van Hoose tells us the 4473 forms were not included on the list of financial records specifically listed on the warrant the IRS agents served him during the raid. Yet they took them anyway.
Concerned about handing over his firearm transaction records, Van Hoose told me he called Kirk Nelson, the ATF Area Supervisor in Helena, Montana with whom he said he’s always had a good working relationship. Nelson initially told him he didn’t have to turn over the 4473 forms as they don’t contain financial information and weren’t listed on the warrant. But after some further discussion with the IRS agents on the scene, Nelson changed his tune and told Van Hoose to hand them over.
The usual Could Be More To This warning applies

IRS Confiscates Tens of Thousands of 4473 Forms From Great Falls, MT Gun Dealer
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/irs-c ... un-dealer/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:33 pm

Local news

Louisville gun ordinance declared unconstitutional
https://www.wave3.com/2023/07/07/louisv ... itutional/

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:51 pm

Kudos to that public defender.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:06 am

Greenturg acts like criminals will for some bizarre reason obey this rule.
You know, just like they do for No Gun stickers

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by nemo » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:41 am

Watch and share/save before it’s buried under media spin!

https://www.wdrb.com/news/business-surv ... 744df.html

Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:58 am

nemo wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:41 am
Watch and share/save before it’s buried under media spin!

https://www.wdrb.com/news/business-surv ... 744df.html

Yeah, Greenturd actually thought thugs would obey the hours reduction. Obviously the solution is to put more stickers up.

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by nemo » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:17 am

Other videos were sent to LMPD and mayor with no response. The response this time from the mayor’s office is “thanks, we’ll look into it”.

Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:20 am

nemo wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:17 am
Other videos were sent to LMPD and mayor with no response. The response this time from the mayor’s office is “thanks, we’ll look into it”.

Translation
Thanks, we'll tell them to stop and hand out democrat voting cards

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”