Gun Control Watch

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: Gun Control Watch

Post by WLJ » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:09 am

Remember that NYT article on Lake City providing ammo to mass murderers?

NY AG among other AGs are running with it
Ammunition from Lake City is manufactured for military use and does not belong in our communities. Federal courts have repeatedly noted the military nature of 5.56-millimeter rounds, which are used in militaryissued rifles, such as the M-16. Military-style weapons – and the ammunition specifically manufactured for them – should be limited to military use. Even if military-grade ammunition were appropriate for the civilian market, its sale to private parties should not be subsidized by taxpayer dollars.
In the short term, we ask your Office to investigate the contracting and manufacturing practices that led to so many billions of military-grade rounds being sold into our communities, and to issue a public report with recommendations about how to end the diversion of military ammunition into civilian hands. In the long term, we ask the White House to ensure that future production contracts prohibit the sale of military weapons and ammunition to civilians.
Anti-Gun AGs Take Aim at Lake City Ammo
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2024 ... mmo-n79228

The full letter
https://oag.ca.gov/system/files/attachm ... 5B1%5D.pdf
We write on behalf of the States of New York, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, the District
of Columbia, Hawai‘i, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey,
New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington (the “States”) to express concern about recent
reports that billions of rounds of military-grade ammunition manufactured at the Lake City Army Ammunition
Plant have been sold on the commercial market, leading to their use in many of the most tragic mass shootings
in recent history. We ask your Office to conduct an investigation into the contracting processes that led to this
situation, and to take action to ensure that military-grade and military-subsidized ammunition stays out of
civilian hands.
According to recent reports, the ammunition made at Lake City for our military has been sold to civilians
in mass quantities, leading to these bullets being used in mass shootings, including a shooting in which three
law enforcement officers were killed and multiple school shootings.1 Lake City rounds have become the
ammunition of choice for use in mass shootings, including:
Guns and Gadgets video

They Are Coming After 5.56 Ammo Now!!!
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by nemo » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:07 am

Seems like River City has found themselves in a pickle. This will set a defining precedence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:49 am

I wish I were a judge. I would toss out every one of these clearly frivolous lawsuits and then jail the attourneys for wasting the courts time

These users liked the author ssracer for the post (total 2):
NiceguyRem700
Rating: 25%

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:52 pm

Some some good news and some bad news

First the good news

BREAKING: "Saint" Benitez Declares California "Assault Weapons" Ban Unconstitutional
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023 ... nal-n76315

But he was not done

'Saint' Benitez Strikes Down California Ammunition Background Check Law
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2024 ... law-n79997

Now the bad news
@EMPOWR_us has learned through whistleblowers within ATF that at the direction of the White House, ATF has drafted a 1,300 page document to justify a rule effectively banning the private sale of firearms. 🧵
— Tristan Leavitt (@tristanleavitt) January 31, 2024
I'm sure more info will be forthcoming soon on what is going on here if anything

'Unconstitutional and Unenforceable'! ATF Allegedly Drafting Plans to Ban the Sale of Private Fireams
https://twitchy.com/justmindy/2024/01/3 ... s-n2392400
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:08 pm

WLJ wrote:Some some good news and some bad news

First the good news

BREAKING: "Saint" Benitez Declares California "Assault Weapons" Ban Unconstitutional
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023 ... nal-n76315

But he was not done

'Saint' Benitez Strikes Down California Ammunition Background Check Law
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2024 ... law-n79997

Now the bad news
@EMPOWR_us has learned through whistleblowers within ATF that at the direction of the White House, ATF has drafted a 1,300 page document to justify a rule effectively banning the private sale of firearms. Image
— Tristan Leavitt (@tristanleavitt) January 31, 2024
I'm sure more info will be forthcoming soon on what is going on here if anything

'Unconstitutional and Unenforceable'! ATF Allegedly Drafting Plans to Ban the Sale of Private Fireams
https://twitchy.com/justmindy/2024/01/3 ... s-n2392400
The administration isn’t satisfied with just a war with Texas, they want the rest of us in on it too…

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:12 am

Now we got "Zombie" guns and of course that means there's a "Zombie" gun "loophole" that "needs" to be closed
The Zombie Gun Loophole is a problematic way that guns can end up in the hands of those responsible for gun violence. We must close this loophole and destroy zombie guns now. Every life lost to gun violence is one too many. pic.twitter.com/vtawLCCJWj
— Congressman Maxwell Alejandro Frost (@RepMaxwellFrost) March 21, 2024
What is a "Zombie" gun you may ask?
Now 'zombie guns' really aren't all that different from 'ghost guns.' The parts are the result of gun disposal companies only destroying single pieces of guns seized by the police, or from a police officer who retired and turned in their service weapon, and even from gun 'buy-back' programs and then reselling the remaining pieces either separately or as kits that can then become 'ghost guns'.
So yeah
Another imaginary problem to deflect from the real problem

Ghost Guns Weren't Scary Enough, so Maxwell Frost has a New Boogeyman: ZOMBIE GUNS
https://twitchy.com/laura-w/2024/03/22/ ... t-n2394258

Elkins45
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Elkins45 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:30 pm

I wondered when they would get around to noticing all the parts kits being sold by the various Gunbusters companies on GunBroker. Apparently a bunch of police agencies contract with companies to destroy crime guns and those companies have been destroying the frames (which is legally the firearm) and then they sell all the other unregulated parts. I bought a Glock 27 kit that way with everything except the bare frame.

Of course I could have done exactly the same thing by ordering each part individually, but why let facts intrude on a good emotional freak out?

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”