Gun Control Watch

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Elkins45
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: Gun Control Watch

Post by Elkins45 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:44 pm

As long as they’re still making oxy and cooking meth there will still be cash.
These users liked the author Elkins45 for the post:
Niceguy
Rating: 12.5%

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:17 pm

Columbus going rogue challenging Ohio's preemption law

Columbus, Ohio sets July 1st deadline for owners of "large capacity" magazines
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023 ... nes-n67910
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:23 am

Washington "assault weapons" ban advancing
House Bill 1240 prohibits the sale, manufacture, and import of assault weapons in Washington state while "allowing reasonable exemptions for manufacture and sale to law enforcement and the military
The legislation does not prohibit the possession of assault weapons.
Yet

Washington House votes 55-42 to ban sale of assault weapons
https://www.q13fox.com/news/washington- ... lt-weapons

https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium ... 0309062512
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:34 am

Meanwhile in Ky
A bill that would ban state and local law enforcement, governments and their employees from enforcing federal gun laws or regulations in Kentucky advanced from a Senate committee Thursday morning.

House Bill 153, sponsored by Rep. Josh Bray, R-Mount Vernon, would prevent local law enforcement, employees of public agencies and local governments from assisting or cooperating with a “federal ban” on firearms, firearms accessories and ammunition. The bill’s language would also prevent local governments and public agencies from adopting rules or spending public funding or resources to enforce such a federal ban on firearms.
Hope they can get this pass Little Beshear

Kentucky bill barring help on federal gun laws advances
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/202 ... ral-n68293

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by nemo » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:51 am

Amy Swearer appeared in front of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime and Federal Government Surveillance and the House Oversight Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Energy Policy, and Regulatory Affairs for a joint hearing: ATF’s Assault on the Second Amendment: When is Enough Enough?

Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:43 am

Kentucky bill prohibiting enforcement of federal firearms bans becomes law
https://www.wdrb.com/news/kentucky-bill ... a0bfe.html
"It says going forward no state tax dollars or state manpower will be allocated towards the law enforcement of federal firearms ban regulations after Jan. 1, 2021," Bray said.

Under the new law, Kentucky police and law enforcement officers are not allowed to adopt rules, regulations or ordinances that require the enforcement of such bans. Police agencies are also prohibited from "allocating public resources or moneys in the enforcement of federal firearm bans."
These users liked the author WLJ for the post (total 5):
plumber_bobnemoToddstangPDMRem700
Rating: 62.5%

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:56 pm

Fantastic news fellas!
These users liked the author Rem700 for the post:
Toddstang

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:08 pm

To be clear doesn't stop the feds from doing so.

Honestly I'm in total shock Beshear Jr let it pass. He didn't sign it just let it pass.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:30 pm

WLJ wrote:To be clear doesn't stop the feds from doing so.

Honestly I'm in total shock Beshear Jr let it pass. He didn't sign it just let it pass.
I'm not. He's a jellyfish. Kamala Harris of governors. Totally useless
These users liked the author PDM for the post:
Toddstang
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:18 pm

I understand it means the feds can still do as they please but it bars local law from helping the feds and bans state funding from being used

plumber_bob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by plumber_bob » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:00 am

This Sheriff is my kinda guy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3S3TnI7FBc

pb
"One Man With Courage is a Majority"

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:18 pm

ATI being sued using very similar language that was used in the Bushmaster and current Daniel Defense lawsuits.
The family of a man who died in a 2021 mass shooting at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis filed a lawsuit Thursday with two survivors against the magazine distributor, American Tactical Inc., alleging the company used reckless marketing tactics that targeted young men who are at risk for violent behavior, according to USA Today.

The lawsuit accuses American Tactical Inc. of failing as a distributor for providing violent people access to purchase a high-capacity magazine, USA Today reports, which would allow for the weapon to fire off a dozen rounds without reloading.
“American Tactical, Inc. is well aware that these magazines are instruments of mass killing and have no problem marketing them directly to people with horrific intentions,” said Gurinder Singh Bains, son of Jaswinder Singh who died in the FedEx shooting and a plaintiff in the case.

“This isn’t a hypothetical. My father is gone because they didn’t care they were enabling mass shooters. They must be held accountable not just for my father’s sake but everyone who may still suffer what my family and I have been forced to go through,” he said in an emailed statement.
Gun magazine distributor sued by survivors, victims in Indianapolis FedEx shooting
https://thehill.com/homenews/3950916-gu ... -shooting/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:22 am

The ATF told The Reload on Friday it has received just over a quarter million applications to register pistol-brace-equipped firearms…

That number represents just a fraction of the braced guns believed to have been sold in the decade since the ATF first classified a version as outside the scope of the NFA. In the impact assessment for the rule, the ATF estimated that three to seven million devices exist. However, the Congressional Research Service puts the number much higher at somewhere between 10 and 40 million.

That puts the registration rate for pistol-brace-equipped guns at between .6 percent and eight percent.

Longnecker noted that owners of the affected guns could also comply with the rule by either dismantling the firearms and destroying the braces or turning them over to the ATF. He said the agency does not know how many Americans may have taken those routes.
Massive Noncompliance: ATF Says Only 250,000 Braced Pistol Owners Registered Their Guns
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/massi ... heir-guns/

As a side note I'm somewhat puzzled by why we can't narrow the number sold down to something better than to 3-7 million or even 10-40 million. A spread of 37 million, really? I'm inclined to believe the lower numbers and think the higher numbers is a highly exaggeration BS number for effect. I'm having a hard time believing there could be upwards of 40 million braces out there.

No matter which figure you believe it still means the vast majority of braces were not registered.

3M - 8.3% registered
7M - 3.5%
10M - 2.5%
40M - 0.6 %
Last edited by WLJ on Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:57 am

I'm surprised the Dems are allowing this pistol brace shit. I mean, braces aren't illegal. They just added an incurred cost which prices braces out of reach of the underprivileged people.Does anyone who makes under 30k get the tax stamp fee waved? I want gun equality!
These users liked the author KYgundude for the post:
Niceguy

badvoltron
Little Butthole
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by badvoltron » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:27 am

Wow Im surprised they admitted to that

You have to wonder how much of that non compliance is people that had no idea this was even happening.
These users liked the author badvoltron for the post:
Niceguy

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:33 am

If you want to look at the numbers a somewhat different way somewhere between 2,750,000 and 39,750,000 people woke up last Thursday morning freshly minted felons.

Yes I know some people own multiple braces and that messes with the actual numbers but bear with me since they can't even agree on how many braces are even out total. Anywhere from 3-40 million :roll:

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by nemo » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:48 am

°
Attachments
felon.gif
felon.gif (3.94 MiB) Viewed 7898 times
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

badvoltron
Little Butthole

Post by badvoltron » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:56 am

That is basically the main reason I complied, as much as the whole thing is ridiculous, I could not allow myself to become a felon over this, as much as I know it will never be enforced.

Im very surprised the number is so low, but I understand why it could be so low.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:01 am

badvoltron wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:56 am
That is basically the main reason I complied, as much as the whole thing is ridiculous, I could not allow myself to become a felon over this, as much as I know it will never be enforced.

They'll probably enforce it on an as needed basis. In other words as tacked on charges to be used if and when they need them for a conviction.

badvoltron
Little Butthole

Post by badvoltron » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:03 am

Absolutely they will, i meant enforcing the ban itself, should have clarified

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Post by etownguy » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:29 am

https://www.armslist.com/posts/14552968 ... 5k-package

I messaged this person and told them it was risky business to post this up for sale... not to mention WAY overpriced.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:34 am

etownguy wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:29 am

I messaged this person and told them it was risky business to post this up for sale... not to mention WAY overpriced.
Did you catch the list date?
Listed On: Thursday, June 1, 2023
Just a wee bit suspicious

what was the price? Requires login to see.

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Post by etownguy » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:28 pm

WLJ wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:34 am
etownguy wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:29 am

Did you catch the list date?
Listed On: Thursday, June 1, 2023
Just a wee bit suspicious

what was the price? Requires login to see.
$2,099

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:42 pm

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by ssracer » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:55 pm

Along those lines…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”