Gun Control Watch

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Re: Gun Control Watch

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:52 pm

36-71

Florida House Votes Down Motion to Ban AR-15s
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyob ... s-n2451851
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:01 pm

So...not Trump’s fault?

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:02 pm

Frailer wrote:The reason I asked is because a co-worker showed me this story a few minutes ago and said,
“You were right.”

For years I’d been telling him that the greatest threat to our gun rights isn’t a Democratic President...it’s a Republican. Because only someone with an R beside their name can stand up the the NRA without the sky falling on their head.

I will believe to my dying day that if Romney had been elected in 2012 one of his first acts in office would have been to sign a new “Assault Weapon Ban.” Because he would have had to “do something” in response to Sandy Hook.

Anyone who thinks Trump is pro-gun is smoking crack. He didn’t do this because he’s “throwing the ‘libs’ a bone.” He did it because he’s an unprincipled, narcissistic cocksucker.

IMHO, of course.

ETA: for the record, I think bump stocks are stupid, and I’d rather see my sister in a whorehouse than one of those redneck monstrosities on one of my rifles. But if someone wants to waste ammo while yee-hawing and getting a tiny erection, more power to ‘Em. The idea that one of our basic human rights might hinge on such a ridiculous thing makes me a little sick to my stomach.
I agree with most of what you said in this post.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Frailer wrote:So...not Trump’s fault?
Somewhat
I seriously think it was going to happen anyway, they (ATF) were already looking at doing this since Vegas. It can be said he did speed up the process up a bit. Gave it a kick so to speak.
In no way shape or form am I giving him a pass on the matter.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:12 pm

Cut off a finger to save the hand.
Now he needs to approve the HPA to make up for this shit.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:31 pm

Are you guys for real?

“Somewhat?”

“Now he needs to pass the HPA?”

I need some of that Kool Aid.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:47 pm

It was happening anyway with or without Trump. They were only legal because of an ATF letter. The ATF only needs to issue another letter and was probably 95% on their way to doing so. No Trump needed. No congress needed

You really do have TDS.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:47 pm

Get off your high fucking horse. We all knew with the shit that has happened in the past week and months something had to give. Throwing a bone to the Libtards was better than nothing at all. Even conservatives were screaming for something. Quit getting your puss hurt because someone has a different opinion than yours.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:52 pm

Frailer wrote:Are you guys for real?

“Somewhat?”

“Now he needs to pass the HPA?”

I need some of that Kool Aid.
It’s not unreasonable. Look at what he was doing with DACA. Surely you wouldn’t say he supports making instant citizens out of a bunch of immigrants.
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:03 pm

Toddstang wrote:Get off your high fucking horse. We all knew with the shit that has happened in the past week and months something had to give. Throwing a bone to the Libtards was better than nothing at all. Even conservatives were screaming for something. Quit getting your puss hurt because someone has a different opinion than yours.
So you folks call those whose opinions differ from yours “libtards,” but I’m the one who’s being a pussy because I call your guy on his bullshit?

The irony here is palpable.

BTW, the POTUS is the ATF’s boss. This wasn’t happening “with or without him.” Saying he was “throwing the liberals a bone is nothing but a cop out in an effort to redirect blame.

If someone can articulate to me why this was a good idea, I’ll be happy to listen.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:15 pm

Frailer wrote:
Toddstang wrote:Get off your high fucking horse. We all knew with the shit that has happened in the past week and months something had to give. Throwing a bone to the Libtards was better than nothing at all. Even conservatives were screaming for something. Quit getting your puss hurt because someone has a different opinion than yours.
So you folks call those whose opinions differ from yours “libtards,” but I’m the one who’s being a pussy because I call your guy on his bullshit?

The irony here is palpable.

BTW, the POTUS is the ATF’s boss.
And? Doesn't change the fact they were already headed in that direction without any input from Trump.
Heck I was surprised as F they allowed them in the first place a few years ago and have expected them to reverse that ever since. And that was long before Vegas and the HS shooting. In business and politics sometimes you have to throw the other side a bone to get what you want and since bump stocks (The bone) were going to be banned anyway WTF did we lose in him doing so? You may find this distasteful but that's how business gets done in the real world.

I know you hate Trump with a passion but let it go sometimes.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:21 pm

Oh yeah.
Kasich, remember him, the other guy?
Well he has stated since the HS shooting he wants to ban AR-15s .
Maybe we should have elected him instead :roll:
Last edited by WLJ on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:23 pm

Coming from someone who supported a gun hating dipshit that didn't even know where or what Alleppo was.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:24 pm

I do not hate Trump. Never said I did.

In fact, earlier today I was saying he gets a bad rap. He’s just a man, and as such he does some things right, and he does others wrong. He should get credit for the former and blame for the latter.

But he is as wrong as two boys fucking here, and I can’t believe that so many people are rushing to his defense and even blaming the Left for his actions.

I’m disgusted that politics in America has become a sport. My team can do no wrong; yours can do no right.

...and the name-calling and redirecting continues. Why are we bringing other presidential candidates into this? Are they somehow relevant?

Again, somebody please tell me why this was a good idea.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:27 pm

So Trump does nothing
Bump stocks get banned anyway.
The dems and the media don't have their bone to crew on because of politics of the situation.
Now what?
They still want their bone.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:35 pm

Please be more clear.

Are you saying it was a good idea because he needed to appease the Democrats and the media?

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:36 pm

Frailer wrote:I do not hate Trump. Never said I did.
"He's an unprincipled narcissistic cocksucker" hrs ago, you sure you don't hate him?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:37 pm

I'm starting to get the impression you're seeing this from a military type point of view where someone give orders and it gets done. No wheeling and dealing required. No trade offs, no fighting over whether it's going to work or not.
When that style of leadership occurs in a govt it's usually referred to as a dictatorship.

If I'm wrong, let me know
Last edited by WLJ on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:39 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
"He's an unprincipled narcissistic cocksucker" hrs ago, you sure you don't hate him?

I’m sure. I’ve called friends worse, as I’m sure you have, as well.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:40 pm

Frailer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

They wouldn't be my friends for long if I called any of them that.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Frailer wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Still sticking with it...lol. ok. For the record I don't agree with anything whatsoever being banned or stripped rights regardless how retarded a bump stock or snicker doodle is. Told yall you should have wrote me in and got me the white house. Now look how it's went.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:42 pm

WLJ wrote:I'm starting to get the impression you're seeing this from a military type point of view where someone give orders and it gets done. No wheeling and dealing required. No trade offs, no fighting over whether it's going to work or not.
When that style of leadership occurs in a govt it's usually referred to as a dictatorship.

You’re wrong.

And if you think that’s how the military works, you are wrong there, too. Maybe at the level of the young private, but the politics in general staffs make this look like amateur hour.

I’ll ask again: Why was it a good idea for Trump to do this?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:43 pm

Frailer wrote:
WLJ wrote:I'm starting to get the impression you're seeing this from a military type point of view where someone give orders and it gets done. No wheeling and dealing required. No trade offs, no fighting over whether it's going to work or not.

You’re wrong.

And if you think that’s how the military works, you are wrong there, too. Maybe at the level of the young private, but the politics in general staffs make this look like amateur hour.

I'll ask again
What would have happened if he didn't?
And that answer answers your question.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 pm

Frailer wrote:

You’re wrong.

Answer your own question. You come in here like you're the First Sergeant and were Pfc's. No opinion matters but your own. Your guy would of trashed the 2nd A before the first shot was fired.
Like I said, I'll lose a finger over a hand any day.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:52 pm

Frailer wrote:Please be more clear.

Are you saying it was a good idea because he needed to appease the Democrats and the media?
More like necessary in the reality of the situation.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”