Gun Control Watch

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Re: Gun Control Watch

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:55 pm

Lets just agree to disagree on this and move on.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:59 pm

Toddstang wrote:
Frailer wrote:
WLJ wrote:I'm starting to get the impression you're seeing this from a military type point of view where someone give orders and it gets done. No wheeling and dealing required. No trade offs, no fighting over whether it's going to work or not.
When that style of leadership occurs in a govt it's usually referred to as a dictatorship.

If I'm wrong, let me know
You’re wrong.

And if you think that’s how the military works, you are wrong there, too. Maybe at the level of the young private, but the politics in general staffs make this look like amateur hour.

I’ll ask again: Why was it a good idea for Trump to do this?
Answer your own question. You come in here like you're the First Sergeant and were Pfc's. No opinion matters but your own. Your guy would of trashed the 2nd A before the first shot was fired.
Like I said, I'll lose a finger over a hand any day.
Dude. I expressed my opinions and my reasons behind them.

You’re the one who resorted to personal attacks (get off your fucking high horse...your puss hurts) without offering a reasoned response.

I said that if someone would give me a good reason, I’d happily listen. In other words, here’s my opinion—give me yours.

You’ve stated your reason...twice: it’s apparently a good idea because Donald Trump isn’t Gary Johnson.

In the world of logic, we call that a non sequitur.

The other reason I seem to be hearing is “it’s the Democrat’s/media’s fault.”

WLJ: you posted while I was typing. I’ll be happy to drop this right here, and I’ll say no more. I will, however, be open to any other views on the matter.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:08 pm

Well I for one, have hope here that its a "we tried, but couldn't get it passed" sort of situation.

The news I was reading (and I can be wrong ) said that Trump was having them look at devices that turn guns into automatic (or machineguns) weapons. The definition is pretty tight on automatic meaning more than one round with each pull of the trigger. Since a bump stock does not do that, I think they may come out and say--it meets the letter of the law---

however, they may also come up and say that it artificially simulates an automatic weapon and so is hereby outlawed---

who knows. I can see the giving a little bit of way to appease them but I also seem him giving them a big finger in the air that they had reviewed it and come up with the fact that it is legal.

Either way they throw it to the house and the bill doesn't pass as the Republicans don't go for it.

Just my crazy thoughts and not a paid political opinion in any way.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:10 pm

One: Trump was the only logical pro-gun candidate

Two: If he want's any chance at re-election, he had to do something. If he loses in 2020, we will lose more than a shitty bump-stock.
For him to do nothing would piss off about a good 70% of the future voters who know nothing about firearms. This bumpstock issue is the lowest pawn on the table that doesn't matter to me personally.

Three: He could of pulled a whammy and said F#ck the AR platform or standard capacity magazines or even some kind of BS AWB waiting period.

Four: I'm sure his son will keep a bug in his ear on the 2nd Amendment. Jr. is one of us and will not let his dad go full retard on restrictions. Jr even mentioned that he wanted the HPA passed. I'd trade that for a bumpstock any day.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Welcome to the distasteful, sometimes, well mostly, disgusting, world of politics
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:14 pm

Bet more people want a bump stock now than this morning.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:15 pm

BTW: Arfcom is going fully stupid with "The Sky is Falling" shit right now.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:17 pm

Toddstang wrote:BTW: Arfcom is going fully stupid with "The Sky is Falling" shit right now.
In other words, just a normal day.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:20 pm

Haven't been over to AKfiles in a while. Bet the tin-foil-hat'ers over there are causing a melt down of the servers.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:22 pm

Dave1965 wrote:Well I for one, have hope here that its a "we tried, but couldn't get it passed" sort of situation.

The news I was reading (and I can be wrong ) said that Trump was having them look at devices that turn guns into automatic (or machineguns) weapons. The definition is pretty tight on automatic meaning more than one round with each pull of the trigger. Since a bump stock does not do that, I think they may come out and say--it meets the letter of the law---

however, they may also come up and say that it artificially simulates an automatic weapon and so is hereby outlawed---

who knows. I can see the giving a little bit of way to appease them but I also seem him giving them a big finger in the air that they had reviewed it and come up with the fact that it is legal.

Either way they throw it to the house and the bill doesn't pass as the Republicans don't go for it.

From Fox News:

“The president said Tuesday he signed an order directing the Justice Department to ban "bump stocks" and other gun modifiers that make semi-automatic firearms fire faster.”

If this is correct, and since it’s Fox News quoting the president, I assume it is, the president has directed—by fiat—that a legal thing shall become an illegal thing.

To quote a gun-rights advocate on a recent podcast, “I can’t believe I find myself defending a stupid piece of plastic (that only a moron would want to own).”
Last edited by Frailer on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:22 pm

school me

HPA = what?

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:23 pm

Frailer wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:Well I for one, have hope here that its a "we tried, but couldn't get it passed" sort of situation.

From Fox News:

“The president said Tuesday he signed an order directing the Justice Department to ban "bump stocks" and other gun modifiers that make semi-automatic firearms fire faster.”

If this is correct, and since it’s Fox News quoting the president, I assume it is, the president has directed—by fiat—that a legal thing shall become an illegal thing.
eh until someone says he can't, then he won't.

think we seen that once or twice (ban immigrants, daca out)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:23 pm

Dave1965 wrote:school me

HPA = what?
Hearing Protection Act
aka Free The Suppressors!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Dave1965 wrote:
Frailer wrote:

From Fox News:

eh until someone says he can't, then he won't.

think we seen that once or twice (ban immigrants, daca out)
What I quoted back in post 120
“Just a few moments ago I signed a memo directing the attorney general to propose regulations that ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns,'” Trump said at a Medal of Valor event at the White House, addressing Attorney General Jeff Sessions. “I expect these regulations to be finalized, Jeff, very soon,” Trump said.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:27 pm

read something that it said he told them to ban all devices making them fire faster.

lol

govt has to define normal and then to go on to define" faster"

I know how this works...

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:28 pm

What I'm not giving him a pass on is that by his wording in that quote it may not just be bump stocks

Edit: Dave posted that as I was typing

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:32 pm

Dave1965 wrote:read something that it said he told them to ban all devices making them fire faster.

lol

I know how this works...
Jerry Miculek will have to cut off his trigger finger.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Lets not forget Trump is the master of trolling the media and getting them all twisted up in knots.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Dave1965 wrote:read something that it said he told them to ban all devices making them fire faster.

lol

I know how this works...
Exactly. Buy your “high capacity magazines” now.

Wait...who am I talking to?
:llama:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:39 pm

Frailer wrote:

lol

I know how this works...

Dave has piled up so many magazines it's made it's way onto maps

jmeister
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by jmeister » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:44 pm

WLJ wrote:Haven't been over to AKfiles in a while. Bet the tin-foil-hat'ers over there are causing a melt down of the servers.
They're just glad the AR is getting the bad rap instead of the AK
WLJ wrote:Lets not forget Trump is the master of trolling the media and getting them all twisted up in knots.
First they will twist his words into something they wanted to hear then blame him for not doing what they thought they heard him say.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:25 pm

" these are not the magazines you are looking for"

(read in Obi Wan Kenobi voice).

thankS!!!

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:16 am

Toddstang wrote:BTW: Arfcom is going fully stupid with "The Sky is Falling" shit right now.
Fuck those dorks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Rem700 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:03 am

WLJ wrote:
Frailer wrote:

lol

I know how this works...

Dave has piled up so many magazines it's made it's way onto maps

He got his own state park!

plumber_bob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by plumber_bob » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:14 am

WLJ wrote:

lol

I know how this works...
Jerry Miculek will have to cut off his trigger finger.
Exactly what I was thinking.

pb
"One Man With Courage is a Majority"

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”