Gun Control Watch

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Gun Control Watch

Post by ssracer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:21 am

WLJ wrote:Okay guys, anything else that needs to be said?
The 90 days part may or not be CNN BS. We shall see
President Donald Trump is expected to announce that he will be signing a ban on bump stocks that gives Americans 90 days to hand them over or otherwise dispose of them.
CNN reports that Trump is now preparing to sign the ban and it will outlaw the firearm accessories without a grandfathering option. CNN quotes a source that indicates “members of the public will be given 90 days to turn in or otherwise discard their bump stocks.”
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018 ... n-them-in/
Really like to know how they plan on enforcing a ban on a piece of plastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:54 am

ssracer wrote:
President Donald Trump is expected to announce that he will be signing a ban on bump stocks that gives Americans 90 days to hand them over or otherwise dispose of them.
CNN reports that Trump is now preparing to sign the ban and it will outlaw the firearm accessories without a grandfathering option. CNN quotes a source that indicates “members of the public will be given 90 days to turn in or otherwise discard their bump stocks.”
Really like to know how they plan on enforcing a ban on a piece of plastic.
I strongly suspect that virtually all of the window-lickers who own these things are Trump supporters.

If and when he tells them to give them up, they'll gladly comply with their Tangerine Tyrant.

Problem solved.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:44 am

Last election it was either Trump or Hillary.
Let me know when you find a viable candidate who's views mesh 100% with yours and is guaranteed 100% never to do anything you disagree with.
Trump is running somewhere around 80-90% with me.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:17 pm

WLJ wrote:Last election it was either Trump or Hillary.
Let me know when you find a viable candidate who's views mesh 100% with yours and is guaranteed 100% never to do anything you disagree with.
Why can’t I hate Trump and Clinton equally?

Because I do.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:19 pm

Frailer wrote:

Because I do.
You don't hate HRC just a little bit more?
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:23 pm

WLJ wrote:
Frailer wrote:

Because I do.
Not especially. They’ve both crossed the point of no return with me. Neither of them have any standards of ethics, which is my #1 requirement in a president.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:28 pm

rustynuts wrote:Yep. They did. I guess I'll burn my last pair of Levi's.
I just won't buy their stuff but me wearing something that nobody will even be able to tell isn't a big deal. Especially since they already got my money, I will use the product up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:30 pm

ssracer wrote:
Really like to know how they plan on enforcing a ban on a piece of plastic

The same way they do with drugs.

Oh wait

jmeister
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by jmeister » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:53 pm

So what 2 old regulations did he get rid of for this one new one?

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:34 pm

Orange Man Bad!

Rescue9
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Rescue9 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:15 pm

Frailer wrote: I strongly suspect that virtually all of the window-lickers who own these things are Trump supporters.
Do you always have to insult someone when u make a post?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by iron369 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:49 pm

Frailer wrote:
WLJ wrote:
Frailer wrote:

Because I do.
Not especially. They’ve both crossed the point of no return with me. Neither of them have any standards of ethics, which is my #1 requirement in a president.
Word.
Using Tapatalk

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:26 am

Moral principles are what screwed this country up with the previous admin.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:41 pm

New York Senate Bill Would Require $1 Million Liability Insurance Policy for Gun Owners
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/ ... un-owners/
§ 2353. FIREARM OWNERS INSURANCE POLICIES. 1. ANY PERSON IN THIS STATE WHO SHALL OWN A FIREARM SHALL, PRIOR TO SUCH OWNERSHIP, OBTAIN AND CONTINUOUSLY MAINTAIN A POLICY OF LIABILITY INSURANCE IN AN AMOUNT NOT LESS THAN ONE MILLION DOLLARS SPECIFICALLY COVERING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY NEGLIGENT OR WILLFUL ACTS INVOLVING THE USE OF SUCH FIREARM WHILE IT IS OWNED BY SUCH PERSON. FAILURE TO MAINTAIN SUCH INSURANCE SHALL RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE REVOCATION OF SUCH OWNER’S REGISTRATION, LICENSE AND ANY OTHER PRIVILEGE TO OWN SUCH FIREARM.
Hey, I got a better idea, how about requiring thugs to purchase thug insurance?

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:29 pm

WLJ wrote:New York Senate Bill Would Require $1 Million Liability Insurance Policy for Gun Owners
§ 2353. FIREARM OWNERS INSURANCE POLICIES. 1. ANY PERSON IN THIS STATE WHO SHALL OWN A FIREARM SHALL, PRIOR TO SUCH OWNERSHIP, OBTAIN AND CONTINUOUSLY MAINTAIN A POLICY OF LIABILITY INSURANCE IN AN AMOUNT NOT LESS THAN ONE MILLION DOLLARS SPECIFICALLY COVERING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY NEGLIGENT OR WILLFUL ACTS INVOLVING THE USE OF SUCH FIREARM WHILE IT IS OWNED BY SUCH PERSON. FAILURE TO MAINTAIN SUCH INSURANCE SHALL RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE REVOCATION OF SUCH OWNER’S REGISTRATION, LICENSE AND ANY OTHER PRIVILEGE TO OWN SUCH FIREARM.
I wonder how many insurance companies there are that will insure against negligence and willful acts?

My guess is none.

FWIW after doing a little research it seems this bill has been introduced in at least three previous legislative sessions but has yet to make it out of committee.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:35 pm

Frailer wrote:
WLJ wrote:New York Senate Bill Would Require $1 Million Liability Insurance Policy for Gun Owners
I wonder how many insurance companies there are that will insure against negligence and willful acts?

My guess is none.

FWIW after doing a little research it seems this bill has been introduced in at least three previous legislative sessions but has yet to make it out of committee.
Well since it seems no will insure you, NO GUNS FOR YOU!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:03 pm

You should of have let Hillary win and none of this would have happened

BREAKING: Trump Administration Announces Bump Stock Ban
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/ ... stock-ban/

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:08 pm

WLJ wrote:You should of have let Hillary win and none of this would have happened

I know *you* were making a joke, but in all seriousness the "at least we don't have Hillary" argument from the Trump-ites is wearing a little thin.

As Dr. Seuss said, "Tyranny is tyranny...whatever the source." (Or words to that effect.)

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:18 pm

Frailer wrote:
WLJ wrote:You should of have let Hillary win and none of this would have happened

I know *you* were making a joke, but in all seriousness the "at least we don't have Hillary" argument from the Trump-ites is wearing a little thin.

As Dr. Seuss said, "Tyranny is tyranny...whatever the source." (Or words to that effect.)
You do realize there was not a third option right? I agree with you but as it stood and as our political system stands there is no third option, just pick from the 2 "they" give us. Needs to change yesterday but thats what it is.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 57 times

Post by ssracer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:41 pm

Rem700 wrote:
Frailer wrote:

You do realize there was not a third option right? I agree with you but as it stood and as our political system stands there is no third option, just pick from the 2 "they" give us. Needs to change yesterday but thats what it is.
Unfortunately I have a feeling choosing from two sides of the same coin isn’t going to change without the tree of liberty getting some fresh water...it’s been allowed to go on far too long to be changed through less messy methods. But that’s just my opinion.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Rem700 wrote:
Frailer wrote:

I'm not talking about what happened two years ago; I'm talking about *now*.

If you voted for Trump in 2016 because you thought he was the only viable option, fine. But if you *continue* to support him regardless of what he does you are--in my opinion--a hypocrite. Or an idiot. Or both.

I voted for Obama in 2008, but after the unconstitutional Affordable Care Act--or, as I call it, "The Tax on Breathing"--I was done with him. My ego is in no way tied to who I voted for in the previous election.

By contrast, there seems to be nothing Trump can do--even things that would have had folks reaching for their torches and pitchforks had Obama done them--that will cause his supporters to bail.

Remember when Trump said "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters"? It appears he was right.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:36 pm

IF the Dems run Beto or Biden or Michelle against trump....or another Hillary run...

I won't vote for any of those....will you?

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Build the wall
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:12 pm

Frailer wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
Frailer wrote:

I'm not talking about what happened two years ago; I'm talking about *now*.

If you voted for Trump in 2016 because you thought he was the only viable option, fine. But if you *continue* to support him regardless of what he does you are--in my opinion--a hypocrite. Or an idiot. Or both.

I voted for Obama in 2008, but after the unconstitutional Affordable Care Act--or, as I call it, "The Tax on Breathing"--I was done with him. My ego is in no way tied to who I voted for in the previous election.

By contrast, there seems to be nothing Trump can do--even things that would have had folks reaching for their torches and pitchforks had Obama done them--that will cause his supporters to bail.

Remember when Trump said "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters"? It appears he was right.
Me thinks you lump "everyone" into groups too easily. I agree and am happy and proud of many things Trump has done, at the same time i am against some of what he has done as well. There will never be a politician i agree 100% with (unless it were myself and that aint happening). No one is perfect and no one can understand all sides to all issues. At his core i believe he is doing what he thinks is best for the people and the economy, i could be wrong. But at no time did i feel Obama or Bush did what was right for the people or economy, i think they did what their handlers told them to do.

The bump stock ban i am against wholeheartedly and i think he will realize he hurt his voters with it eventually, but i think it was also one of those issues he might not fully understand the repercussions, or he is playing his 3D chess again and he knows it will get stopped by the SCOTUS. Time will tell.

Rescue9
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Rescue9 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Frailer wrote:But if you *continue* to support him regardless of what he does you are--in my opinion--a hypocrite. Or an idiot. Or both.
Once again... you can't seem to make an informative post without criticizing or degrading others. Is this a defensive mechanism or are you truly so narcissistic as to believe that you're better than everyone else on here?

I voted for Trump and he's doing EXACTLY what I voted him in for; build the wall, improve the economy, fix one-sided trade deals, resist the squeaky-wheel social justice tactics the left is using, and make America great again. Whatever happens with Russia will be dealt with when all the facts come to light. His tweets are at the very least what's on his mind rather than some prepared version of bullshit we're normally fed. He also supports our troops emphatically.

Those are the qualities I voted for, and in no way do I consider myself a hypocrite. Or an idiot. Or both.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”