Gun Control Watch

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: Gun Control Watch

Post by WLJ » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:45 am

FedEx Drops NRA Relationship After Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/ ... -shooting/
The change of tack comes just days after a gunman killed 11 people in a Pittsburgh synagogue. The $56 billion logistics company says the closure of its NRA discount program from Nov. 4 has no connection to that incident or any other shooting. Rather, the NRA just didn’t bring in enough business to merit its own deal. It’s among dozens of organizations FedEx plans to move to new pricing programs, and the company has been notifying customers since early October.
The underlined could be true, I don't know
Last edited by WLJ on Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:48 am

Gunbroker App BANNED from iTunes & Google Play on Mobile Devices
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... ogle-play/
Hi Developers at GunBroker.com LLC,

After review, GunBroker.com, com.gunbroker.android has been suspended and removed from Google Play due to a policy violation.
Issue: Violation of Dangerous Products policy.

We don’t allow apps that facilitate the sale of explosives, firearms, ammunition or certain firearms accessories. We also don’t allow apps that provide instructions for the manufacture of explosives, firearms, ammunition, restricted firearm accessories, or other weapons.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:10 am

Oh joy
Lawmakers Drafting Bill That Would Allow Social Media Checks Before Gun Purchase
November 02, 2018 - 5:27 pm

NEW YORK (WCBS 880) – Two New York lawmakers are working to draft a bill that would propose a social media check before a gun purchase.

Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams and state Sen. Kevin Palmer’s proposal would allow authorities to review three years of social media history and one year of internet search history of any person seeking to purchase a firearm.

“A three-year review of a social media profile would give an easy profile of a person who is not suitable to hold and possess a fire arm,” Adams explains.

The two are hoping to identify any hate speech on social media profiles, which are often revealed only after someone is arrested in a mass shooting.

Listen Live To WCBS 880 | Sign For Our Breaking News Emails

“If the police department is reviewing a gang assault, a robbery, some type of shooting, they go and do a social media profile investigation,” Adams said.

There are some logistical concerns as free speech and gun rights complaints are likely to come up. Though, Adams and Palmer say it is doable and needed.
https://wcbs880.radio.com/articles/lawm ... n-purchase

plumber_bob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by plumber_bob » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:45 am

This doesn't really surprise me much.
I've always feet like I am being watched when I'm online.
Even with my tin foil hat on.

pb
"One Man With Courage is a Majority"

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times

Post by rustynuts » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:18 am

All fine and dandy, but how many people hide behind aliases online?

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:19 am

Like me. I'm Wilson. L. Johnson, but no one would ever know it.

:llama:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:28 am

rustynuts wrote:Like me. I'm Wilson. L. Johnson, but no one would ever know it.

That goes a long way in explaining why I got a bill from some shop in San Fransisco for a "10hp Super Mega XXXL Dido with Magic Unicorn Bumps" that was delivered to some place in Bardstown

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:35 am

WLJ wrote:
rustynuts wrote:Like me. I'm Wilson. L. Johnson, but no one would ever know it.

That goes a long way in explaining why I got a bill from some shop in San Fransisco for a "10hp Super Mega XXXL Dido with Magic Unicorn Bumps" that was delivered to some place in Bardstown
I thought I ordered that direct from China?

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Lol
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:59 pm

WLJ wrote:Oh joy
Lawmakers Drafting Bill That Would Allow Social Media Checks Before Gun Purchase
November 02, 2018 - 5:27 pm

NEW YORK (WCBS 880) – Two New York lawmakers are working to draft a bill that would propose a social media check before a gun purchase.

Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams and state Sen. Kevin Palmer’s proposal would allow authorities to review three years of social media history and one year of internet search history of any person seeking to purchase a firearm.

“A three-year review of a social media profile would give an easy profile of a person who is not suitable to hold and possess a fire arm,” Adams explains.

The two are hoping to identify any hate speech on social media profiles, which are often revealed only after someone is arrested in a mass shooting.

Listen Live To WCBS 880 | Sign For Our Breaking News Emails

“If the police department is reviewing a gang assault, a robbery, some type of shooting, they go and do a social media profile investigation,” Adams said.

There are some logistical concerns as free speech and gun rights complaints are likely to come up. Though, Adams and Palmer say it is doable and needed.
https://wcbs880.radio.com/articles/lawm ... n-purchase
https://twitter.com/realjameswoods/stat ... 01542?s=21
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by iron369 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:02 pm

I have social media accounts. Facebook, Pinterest, instagram, whatever. Never have I had any inclination that what I post is really private regardless of the privacy settings. I removed anything pertaining to firearms years ago. Still, I understand that I may be incriminated one day for what is on my social media accounts. Anybody that thinks differently is just fooling themselves. Oh... by the way... I wear the most kickass tin foil fedora.
Using Tapatalk

plumber_bob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 174 times

Post by plumber_bob » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:39 pm

Oh... by the way... I wear the most kickass tin foil fedora.
You go bro!!! It's the only way to keep them outta yer head!!!
pb
"One Man With Courage is a Majority"

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Check this out. Any semi-auto rifle will be defined as an assault rifle

Washington Initiative 1639, Changes to Gun Ownership and Purchase Requirements Measure (2018)
https://ballotpedia.org/Washington_Init ... ts_Measure_(2018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Definition of semiautomatic assault rifle

According to the measure, semiautomatic assault rifle would be defined as:[2]

Any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge
. "Semiautomatic assault rifle" does not include antique firearms, any firearm that has been made permanently inoperable, or any firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action.
Background checks and firearm purchase requirements

Under the measure, no dealer could deliver a semiautomatic assault rifle to a purchaser until:

The purchaser provides proof that they have completed a recognized firearm safety training program in the last five years including instruction on basic firearm safety, secure gun storage, the safety of children and firearms, suicide prevention, safe handling, and state and federal firearm law; and
The dealer is notified in writing by the chief of police or sheriff in the jurisdiction of the purchaser's residence that the purchaser is eligible to own a firearm and that the application to purchase is approved. Under the measure, the chief of police or sheriff must use the national instant criminal background check system established under the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and other databases and information centers to determine whether a person is eligible to possess a firearm.[2]

While the following has been codified in the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) regarding pistols, this measure would expand the law to include all firearms and semiautomatic assault rifles as well as pistols:[2]

If an applicant has an outstanding warrant for their arrest from any court for a felony or misdemeanor, a dealer must hold the delivery of pistols and semiautomatic assault rifles until the warrant is served and satisfied by a court appearance.
If a police chief or sheriff has reasonable grounds based on open criminal charges, pending criminal proceedings, or outstanding warrants, and if the records have not been reported or entered sufficiently to determine whether or not the person is eligible to purchase a firearm, the local jurisdiction or state may hold the sale and delivery of a firearm for up to thirty (30) days to verify records.
An applicant for the purchase of a firearm must sign and deliver an application to the dealer which includes the applicant's name, address, date of birth, race, gender, driver's license number or state ID number, a description of the firearm and manufacturer's number.

The application to purchase a firearm would, under the measure, be required to include the following warning:[2]

CAUTION: The presence of a firearm in the home has been associated with an increased risk of death to self and others, including an increased risk of suicide, death during domestic violence incidents, and unintentional deaths to children and others.[4]

In the Revised Code of Washington, a signed application to purchase a pistol constitutes a waiver of confidentiality so that any inquiring court or law enforcement agency may request a mental health institution or other health care facility to release information relevant to a person's eligibility to purchase a pistol. The measure would expand this provision to include the application for and purchase of semiautomatic assault rifles
Firearm purchase fee

Under the measure, the department of licensing could require the dealer to charge each purchaser or transferee a fee of not more than $25.00 to fund the state, mental health institutions, and local law enforcement for the cost of meeting their obligations under the measure.
Waiting periods

Uner the measure, a dealer could not deliver a semiautomatic assault rifle to a purchaser until ten business days have passed from the date of the application for purchase
Firearm storage requirements

Under the measure, a person who left a firearm in a place where a prohibited person (someone who is prohibited from firearm possession under state or federal law) could potentially gain access to the firearm would be guilty of community endangerment, a class C felony, if a prohibited person gained access to the firearm. Under the measure, when selling a firearm, every dealer would be required to offer to sell or give the purchaser a gun storage device such as a trigger lock designed to stop unauthorized use of the firearm. Additionally, every place where firearms are sold would be required to display the following sign, in block letters (capitalized) and at least one inch in height:[2]

WARNING: YOU MAY FACE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION IF YOU STORE OR LEAVE AN UNSECURED FIREARM WHERE A PERSON WHO IS PROHIBITED FROM POSSESSING FIREARMS CAN AND DOES OBTAIN POSSESSION. [4]

Under the measure, violators would be guilty of a class 1 civil infraction and could have been fined up to $250
Age requirements

Under the measure, a person under 21 years of age would not be able to purchase a pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle. Persons between the ages of 18-21 would be able to possess a pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle under the following conditions:[2]

in the person's residence,
in the person's fixed place of business,
on real property under the person's control,
or for the specific purpose of moving to a new place of residence, traveling to and from the allowed locations, and selling or transferring the firearm in accordance with other provisions

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:07 pm

plumber_bob wrote:
Oh... by the way... I wear the most kickass tin foil fedora.
You go bro!!! It's the only way to keep them outta yer head!!!
pb
Not the only way...Image

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 57 times

Post by ssracer » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:48 pm

WLJ wrote:Check this out. Any semi-auto rifle will be defined as an assault rifle

Washington Initiative 1639, Changes to Gun Ownership and Purchase Requirements Measure (2018)
https://ballotpedia.org/Washington_Init ... ts_Measure_(2018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Definition of semiautomatic assault rifle

According to the measure, semiautomatic assault rifle would be defined as:[2]

Any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge
. "Semiautomatic assault rifle" does not include antique firearms, any firearm that has been made permanently inoperable, or any firearm that is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action.
Background checks and firearm purchase requirements

Under the measure, no dealer could deliver a semiautomatic assault rifle to a purchaser until:

The purchaser provides proof that they have completed a recognized firearm safety training program in the last five years including instruction on basic firearm safety, secure gun storage, the safety of children and firearms, suicide prevention, safe handling, and state and federal firearm law; and
The dealer is notified in writing by the chief of police or sheriff in the jurisdiction of the purchaser's residence that the purchaser is eligible to own a firearm and that the application to purchase is approved. Under the measure, the chief of police or sheriff must use the national instant criminal background check system established under the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and other databases and information centers to determine whether a person is eligible to possess a firearm.[2]

While the following has been codified in the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) regarding pistols, this measure would expand the law to include all firearms and semiautomatic assault rifles as well as pistols:[2]

If an applicant has an outstanding warrant for their arrest from any court for a felony or misdemeanor, a dealer must hold the delivery of pistols and semiautomatic assault rifles until the warrant is served and satisfied by a court appearance.
If a police chief or sheriff has reasonable grounds based on open criminal charges, pending criminal proceedings, or outstanding warrants, and if the records have not been reported or entered sufficiently to determine whether or not the person is eligible to purchase a firearm, the local jurisdiction or state may hold the sale and delivery of a firearm for up to thirty (30) days to verify records.
An applicant for the purchase of a firearm must sign and deliver an application to the dealer which includes the applicant's name, address, date of birth, race, gender, driver's license number or state ID number, a description of the firearm and manufacturer's number.

The application to purchase a firearm would, under the measure, be required to include the following warning:[2]

CAUTION: The presence of a firearm in the home has been associated with an increased risk of death to self and others, including an increased risk of suicide, death during domestic violence incidents, and unintentional deaths to children and others.[4]

In the Revised Code of Washington, a signed application to purchase a pistol constitutes a waiver of confidentiality so that any inquiring court or law enforcement agency may request a mental health institution or other health care facility to release information relevant to a person's eligibility to purchase a pistol. The measure would expand this provision to include the application for and purchase of semiautomatic assault rifles
Firearm purchase fee

Under the measure, the department of licensing could require the dealer to charge each purchaser or transferee a fee of not more than $25.00 to fund the state, mental health institutions, and local law enforcement for the cost of meeting their obligations under the measure.
Waiting periods

Uner the measure, a dealer could not deliver a semiautomatic assault rifle to a purchaser until ten business days have passed from the date of the application for purchase
Firearm storage requirements

Under the measure, a person who left a firearm in a place where a prohibited person (someone who is prohibited from firearm possession under state or federal law) could potentially gain access to the firearm would be guilty of community endangerment, a class C felony, if a prohibited person gained access to the firearm. Under the measure, when selling a firearm, every dealer would be required to offer to sell or give the purchaser a gun storage device such as a trigger lock designed to stop unauthorized use of the firearm. Additionally, every place where firearms are sold would be required to display the following sign, in block letters (capitalized) and at least one inch in height:[2]

WARNING: YOU MAY FACE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION IF YOU STORE OR LEAVE AN UNSECURED FIREARM WHERE A PERSON WHO IS PROHIBITED FROM POSSESSING FIREARMS CAN AND DOES OBTAIN POSSESSION. [4]

Under the measure, violators would be guilty of a class 1 civil infraction and could have been fined up to $250
Age requirements

Under the measure, a person under 21 years of age would not be able to purchase a pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle. Persons between the ages of 18-21 would be able to possess a pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle under the following conditions:[2]

in the person's residence,
in the person's fixed place of business,
on real property under the person's control,
or for the specific purpose of moving to a new place of residence, traveling to and from the allowed locations, and selling or transferring the firearm in accordance with other provisions
page has been removed it seems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:57 pm

ssracer wrote:page has been removed it seems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Site seems to play with links in a weird way

Google
Washington Initiative 1639, Changes to Gun Ownership and Purchase
And click on the link from there

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:19 pm

I-1639 passed

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:24 pm

NV gear now in their sights
The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives does not regulate the sale or use of night vision equipment, a spokesperson said, and the legality of using night vision devices for hunting varies by state.

Ladd Everitt, the director of One Pulse for America, a gun violence prevention group, says that should change. Military-style gear like night vision equipment could be used in mass shootings like the one in Las Vegas, he said. (The Vegas shooter himself did not use night vision gear.)

Night vision equipment is “not the tool of sportsmen,” Everitt said. “It’s the tool of people who are seeking to kill as many people as possible in as short amount of time as possible.”
Military-Grade Night Vision Gear Is Widely Available To Civilians — And That’s A Problem
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ni ... d20b8196bf

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:10 am

my brother lives in washington, crying about movign for years, but he wont

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:57 pm

1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:49 pm

The DOJ—at the direction of President Trump—is in the final phase of instituting the ban on bump stocks:

https://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgen ... =1140-AA52

Just waiting for the Trump apologists to tell me “Hillary would have been worse.”

As I’ve said before, Republican presidents are bigger threats to our gun rights than Democrats. The NRA fights Democrats, but they suck Republican dick.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:45 pm

Nope.

Imagine if all the mass shootings happened on her watch.

And then imagine a house and or senate led by Democrats.

Hitlary said before 2016 that she wanted ALL "assault weapons" banned. Semi-Auto's vs. a bumpstock (That you probably don't even own): Take the bumpstock any day of the week.

I never forgot about the 93 AWB. Seems that a Clinton was behind that.

If you're fooled by Hitlary, I'd say you have probably been fooled by a tranny a time or two.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:25 pm

The GOP is certainly not the answer to the problem, but the Democrats are assuredly the cause
Tench Coxe

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:41 pm

Toddstang wrote:Nope.

Hitlary said before 2016 that she wanted ALL "assault weapons" banned. Semi-Auto's vs. a bumpstock (That you probably don't even own): Take the bumpstock any day of the week.

If you're fooled by Hitlary, I'd say you have probably been fooled by a tranny a time or two.
You missed my point entirely. In fact, you just reinforced it.

Here’s all I want to know: why aren’t all gun folk pitching a shit-fit at this clear abuse of executive power?

No, I don’t own a bump stock, because I’m not a window-licking moron. But, again, that isn’t the point at all.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:48 am

Frailer wrote:
Toddstang wrote:Nope.

You missed my point entirely. In fact, you just reinforced it.

Here’s all I want to know: why aren’t all gun folk pitching a shit-fit at this clear abuse of executive power?

No, I don’t own a bump stock, because I’m not a window-licking moron. But, again, that isn’t the point at all.
Ditto to what I posted.

I guess you never paid attention to history.

In 1993 you must of been somewhere else.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”