Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Re: Stupid Stuff

Post by rustynuts » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:15 pm

WLJ wrote:
WLJ wrote:My head hurts

Steve Martin's 'King Tut' Sketch Is Racist
http://www.newsweek.com/steve-martins-k ... pus-717418
Well, excuuuuuuuuse him!

Steve Martin’s seminal “King Tut” sketch is being blasted as cultural appropriation by a group of students at a prestigious liberal arts college in Oregon after the classic "Saturday Night Live" parody was played in a humanities course.

The sketch, created by Martin in 1978 to parody the hysteria and commercialization surrounding a traveling Tutankhamun exhibit, has outraged students who say the sketch is the cultural equivalent of blackface because one of the side actors emerged from a sarcophagus with his face painted gold.

Keep up with this story and more by subscribing now

"That’s like somebody … making a song just littered with the n-word everywhere,” a member of the group, Reedies Against Racism, told The Atlantic. “The gold face of the saxophone dancer leaving its tomb is an exhibition of blackface.”

Students first took issue with the video when it was played during a humanities course, which is designed for students to “to engage in original, open-ended, critical inquiry.” Students said they should not be forced to take the course until different coursework is given because the sketch is racist.

Martin was obviously prepared for the backlash, even back in 1978. Dressed in faux Egyptian garb, he opens the sketch by first explaining somberly that he has issues with the popular traveling exhibit for the boy king, King Tut.

“I think it is a national disgrace the way we have commercialized it with trinkets and toys, t-shirts and posters,” he says, earning laughs as most of his live audience likely knew he was kidding.

He and his band then launch into a jazzy song that includes the lyrics:

Now, if I'd known/They'd line up just to see you/I'd trade in all my money/And bought me a museum/King Tut/Buried with a donkey/Funky Tut/He's my favorite honky!

And:

Now, when I die/Don't think I'm a nut/Don't want no fancy funeral/Just one like ol' king Tut.

It's not the first time students at Reed have protested the required freshman humanities course, which Reedies Against Racism said “perpetuates white supremacy — by centering 'whiteness' as the only required class at Reed.” Students have protested the course by standing with signs that say “Fuck Hum 110” and “We demand space for students of color” inside the class.

Reed Professor Lucía Martínez Valdivia, who identifies herself as a gay mixed-race woman, wrote an op-ed for The Washington Post on her experiences with the protestors. Valdivia who has PTSD said before her lectures she suffered from a “lack of sleep, nausea, loss of appetite and an inability to focus.”

“The right to speak freely is not the same as the right to rob others of their voices,” she said.

Free speech is increasingly a hot-button issue at universities around the nation, where students have led disruptions on campus in an attempt to shut down on-campus speakers. University of Wisconsin students attempted to disrupt conservative columnist Ben Shapiro when he came to speak at the campus last fall.

But students are now bringing the disruptions into the classroom. Professors say they are afraid to speak up and create conversation around controversial issues.

“The air is different now because what you do in a classroom can end up on Fox News,” Luis Fernandez, a North Arizona University professor, told The New York Times.
Comment from another forum
Can't wait til one of these thin skinned twats discovers Blazing Saddles
I've been saying that for a while now.
I always bring up Blazing Saddles in discussions like this too.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:26 pm

90% of classic comedy wouldn’t be allowed today. Even comedians have been saying it’s ridiculous now because you can’t make a joke without half your audience getting offended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:04 am

Oomfufu.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:37 am

This is why we can't have nice things part ][

Hunter shoots pickup truck after mistaking it for a deer, police say
http://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/2 ... e-say.html

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:19 pm

It doesn’t take a bump stock attached to a gun to ruin lives. Let’s start to change the idea that a gun is a good gift. It is not. It is an accident waiting to happen. Don’t give a gun. Please.
The gift of a gun
http://www.nrtoday.com/opinion/the-gift ... c1378.html

Ralphie says Fudge* You

* He learned that word from his dad, but don't tell mom that.
Last edited by WLJ on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:30 pm

You want 4 more years of Trump? Cause this is how you get four more years of Trump

Rural Americans Are the ‘Core Threat’ to Democracy According to MSNBC’s Joy Reid
https://www.westernjournal.com/rural-am ... -joy-reid/

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:34 pm

WLJ wrote:You want 4 more years of Trump? Cause this is how you get four more years of Trump

Rural Americans Are the ‘Core Threat’ to Democracy According to MSNBC’s Joy Reid
Hearing Bernie is the current Democrat favorite for 2020....the democratic party’s complete and public transition to the communist party is almost complete

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:51 pm

ssracer wrote:
WLJ wrote:You want 4 more years of Trump? Cause this is how you get four more years of Trump

Hearing Bernie is the current Democrat favorite for 2020....the democratic party’s complete and public transition to the communist party is almost complete

Bet there will be at least an attempt to nominate Michelle

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:07 pm

I'm sure Hillary's ego will cause her to try again.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:04 am

Bernie will be 79 in 2020.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:30 am

rustynuts wrote:Bernie will be 79 in 2020.
But but but old white men are the establishment!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:24 pm

Would love to see the look on her face if Trump decided to drop a libel lawsuit on her fat ass.

Rosie O'Donnell calls President Trump a 'child rapist' after Matt Lauer firing tweet
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... tweet.html

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:57 pm

WLJ wrote:My head hurts

Steve Martin's 'King Tut' Sketch Is Racist
http://www.newsweek.com/steve-martins-k ... pus-717418
Well, excuuuuuuuuse him!

Steve Martin’s seminal “King Tut” sketch is being blasted as cultural appropriation by a group of students at a prestigious liberal arts college in Oregon after the classic "Saturday Night Live" parody was played in a humanities course.

The sketch, created by Martin in 1978 to parody the hysteria and commercialization surrounding a traveling Tutankhamun exhibit, has outraged students who say the sketch is the cultural equivalent of blackface because one of the side actors emerged from a sarcophagus with his face painted gold.

Keep up with this story and more by subscribing now

"That’s like somebody … making a song just littered with the n-word everywhere,” a member of the group, Reedies Against Racism, told The Atlantic. “The gold face of the saxophone dancer leaving its tomb is an exhibition of blackface.”

Students first took issue with the video when it was played during a humanities course, which is designed for students to “to engage in original, open-ended, critical inquiry.” Students said they should not be forced to take the course until different coursework is given because the sketch is racist.

Martin was obviously prepared for the backlash, even back in 1978. Dressed in faux Egyptian garb, he opens the sketch by first explaining somberly that he has issues with the popular traveling exhibit for the boy king, King Tut.

“I think it is a national disgrace the way we have commercialized it with trinkets and toys, t-shirts and posters,” he says, earning laughs as most of his live audience likely knew he was kidding.

He and his band then launch into a jazzy song that includes the lyrics:

Now, if I'd known/They'd line up just to see you/I'd trade in all my money/And bought me a museum/King Tut/Buried with a donkey/Funky Tut/He's my favorite honky!

And:

Now, when I die/Don't think I'm a nut/Don't want no fancy funeral/Just one like ol' king Tut.

It's not the first time students at Reed have protested the required freshman humanities course, which Reedies Against Racism said “perpetuates white supremacy — by centering 'whiteness' as the only required class at Reed.” Students have protested the course by standing with signs that say “Fuck Hum 110” and “We demand space for students of color” inside the class.

Reed Professor Lucía Martínez Valdivia, who identifies herself as a gay mixed-race woman, wrote an op-ed for The Washington Post on her experiences with the protestors. Valdivia who has PTSD said before her lectures she suffered from a “lack of sleep, nausea, loss of appetite and an inability to focus.”

“The right to speak freely is not the same as the right to rob others of their voices,” she said.

Free speech is increasingly a hot-button issue at universities around the nation, where students have led disruptions on campus in an attempt to shut down on-campus speakers. University of Wisconsin students attempted to disrupt conservative columnist Ben Shapiro when he came to speak at the campus last fall.

But students are now bringing the disruptions into the classroom. Professors say they are afraid to speak up and create conversation around controversial issues.

“The air is different now because what you do in a classroom can end up on Fox News,” Luis Fernandez, a North Arizona University professor, told The New York Times.
Nobody says shit when Snoop Dog or Dave Chapelle does white face but hey that doesn't count to them and we aren't pussies also.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Study: White male gun owners with economic stress are more likely to feel morally attached to guns
http://www.wave3.com/story/36933526/stu ... ed-to-guns

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:22 pm

Whoops
Classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing

Over 15,000 scheduled American Airlines flights do not have pilots during busy holiday season
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/11/2 ... eason.html
Last edited by WLJ on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:23 pm

WLJ wrote:Study: White male gun owners with economic stress are more likely to feel morally attached to guns

“What’s paradoxical is that white male gun owners in the U.S. see themselves as hyper-patriotic, but they are the first to say, ‘If the government impedes me, I have the moral and almost patriotic right to fight back.’,” Froese said.

Patriotism is to the nation, not to the government you ignorant fuck

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:05 am

ssracer wrote:
WLJ wrote:Study: White male gun owners with economic stress are more likely to feel morally attached to guns

“What’s paradoxical is that white male gun owners in the U.S. see themselves as hyper-patriotic, but they are the first to say, ‘If the government impedes me, I have the moral and almost patriotic right to fight back.’,” Froese said.

Patriotism is to the nation, not to the government you ignorant fuck

Yeah, you ignorant fuck.

:llama:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:36 pm

white death will mean liberation for all
Love how they always justify this crap with more crap like this.
Cervantes said the original intent of the column was to provide a commentary on the idea of race and racial identities.
Oh, okay. Now replace the word white with black and I would be willing to bet good money it would have never been run in the paper in the first place and the author run out of town.
It's the double standard constantly on display that pisses me off more than anything else.

Texas student newspaper blasted over anti-white 'Your DNA is an abomination' column
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/30/te ... olumn.html

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:22 pm

WLJ wrote:Guess who's GQ Citizen of the Year?

Wait for it

And the winner is

Colin Kaepernick

I think about 6 advil are in order now.

Twitter blitz SACKS GQ Mag for ‘Citizen of the Year’ choice & snubbing THESE people
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/11/ ... se-people/
And another

Colin Kaepernick selected 'Sports Illustrated' Muhammad Ali Legacy Award winner
http://www.whas11.com/sports/colin-kaep ... /495855943

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by iron369 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:42 pm

Using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:01 pm

iron369 wrote:Your ac unit is sexist....fml.
https://www.facebook.com/RektMediaLTD/v ... 657560453/
Pick a solution
A) Keep the temp where it is and the women can put on some more clothes.
B) Raise the temp and the men can strip down to their underwear.
C) The women can stay in the kitchen where it's nice and warm.
Last edited by WLJ on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by iron369 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:07 pm

WLJ wrote:
iron369 wrote:Your ac unit is sexist....fml.
https://www.facebook.com/RektMediaLTD/v ... 657560453/
Pick a solution
A) Keep the temp where it is and the women can put on some more clothes.
B) Raise the temp and the men can strip down to their underwear
C) The women can stay in the kitchen where it's nice and warm
I think I’m getting the hang of the crazy way of thinking:
A) You’re sexist for trying to suppress a woman’s choice of dress
B) You’re sexist for reminding them they don’t have a penis (or you’re Matt Laure)
C) That really IS sexist
[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:23 pm

So now you can be whatever race is convenient at the moment
Brown University decided to change its graduate program's application process. The change would allow potential students to 'self-identify' as a person of color, The College Fix reported.

Apparently, the university decided to make the change after faculty complained that international and Asian American students weren't being "treated as members of historically underrepresented groups." Because of the lack of recognition, some students were missing out on invitations to multicultural events.

This policy is said to help the university reach its goal of doubling historically underrepresented groups by 2022, the Brown Daily Herald reported.
One Ivy League College is Allowing Students to Self-Identify as People of Color
https://townhall.com/notebook/bethbauma ... r-n2415946

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:44 pm

WLJ wrote:
rustynuts wrote:
WLJ wrote:And these are the guys Amazon wants you to let into your house.

Caught on camera: Delivery driver urinates on doorstep
http://www.wave3.com/story/36912397/cau ... n-doorstep
Yeah, fuck that. Even before this I would never let a stranger just walk into my house.
Yeah, I can't believe they think that shit will fly.
Somebody posted on our neighborhood board that they caught the Spectrum guy hat came to their house going through their bedroom stuff.
But wait there's more!

Shock as Amazon delivery woman defecates on customer’s front yard while dropping off package
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/01/su ... utter.html

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:49 am

Amazon's delivery service is off to a glowing start. Driver's pissing in foyers, pooping in gutters. Nice job!

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”