Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Re: Stupid Stuff

Post by WLJ » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:33 am

Please tell me this is satire

Hillary Clinton Is More Than a President
https://www.yahoo.com/style/hillary-cli ... 08999.html
From LennyLetter

When people told me they hated Hillary Clinton or (far worse) that they were "not fans," I wish I had said in no uncertain terms: "I love Hillary Clinton. I am in awe of her. I am set free by her. She will be the finest world leader our galaxy has ever seen."

I wish, in those exchanges, I had not asked gentle, tolerant questions about a hater's ridiculous allergy to her, or Clinton's fictional misdeeds and imagined character flaws. More deeply still, I wish I had not reasoned with anyone, patiently countered their ludicrous emotionalism and psychologically disturbed theories. I wish I had said, flatly, "I love her." As if I had been asked about my mother or daughter. No defensiveness or polemics; not dignifying the crazy allegations with so much as a Snopes link.

Maybe "I love her" seemed too womany, too sentimental, too un-pragmatic. Not coalition-building, kind of culty. But people say with impunity they love Obama, the state of Israel, their churches, Kurt Cobain. In the end, I wish I'd said it because it's true.

Maybe "I love her" seemed too womany, too sentimental, too un-pragmatic.

And I'm not alone in my commitment. Millions of Clinton's supporters - we were thanked by Clinton as the "secret, private Facebook sites" - expressed it among themselves, all the time, in raptures or happy tears with each new display of our heroine's ferocious intelligence, depth, and courage. We were frankly bewildered by the idea that anyone would hedge their commitment to her ("You don't have to be her friend"; "Yes, she's made mistakes"; "lesser of two evils"). We didn't remember anyone turning to this stock ambivalence when discussing Obama, Babe Ruth, FDR. If only one reporter - they knew about us - could have published a headline like "Clinton Inspires Historic Levels of Adoration From Her Supporters" about the people who have had their lives transformed by the power of her brilliant campaign, unrivaled effectiveness, and extraordinary career. Just one headline like that, like the ones Bill Clinton got.

Usually a legend is made by men and media - the legend of Kennedy, say, or Jim Morrison - and then, much later, a biopic, pretending to evenhandedness, reveals the legend's shortcomings, his "human" side. The shortcomings are almost always something exactly no one actually believes compromises his heroism. His problem drinking. His mistreatment of women. Well, takedowns of Hillary were always already written. She has somehow made the time to hear out each dead-end line of reasoning about her fake mortal sins, and often she has also thanked everyone for sparing her further moral lashings, as if that were a kindness. Under cover of "humanizing" the intimidating valedictorian, reports and investigations and media clichés vilified her. But the feminist hero never got to be a legend first. And yet she is one, easily surpassing Ben Franklin, Henry Ford, Steve Jobs.

But the feminist hero never got to be a legend first. And yet she is one, easily surpassing Ben Franklin, Henry Ford, Steve Jobs.

I want to reverse the usual schedule of things, then. We don't have to wait until she dies to act. Hillary Clinton's name belongs on ships, and airports, and tattoos. She deserves straight-up hagiographies and a sold-out Broadway show called RODHAM. Yes, this cultural canonization is going to come after the chronic, constant, nonstop "On the other hand" sexist hedging around her legacy. But such is the courage of Hillary Clinton and her supporters; we reverse patriarchal orders. Maybe she is more than a president. Maybe she is an idea, a world-historical heroine, light itself. The presidency is too small for her. She belongs to a much more elite class of Americans, the more-than-presidents. Neil Armstrong, Martin Luther King Jr., Alexander Fucking Hamilton.

Hillary Clinton did everything right in this campaign, and she won more votes than her opponent did. She won. She cannot be faulted, criticized, or analyzed for even one more second. Instead, she will be decorated as an epochal heroine far too extraordinary to be contained by the mere White House. Let that revolting president-elect be Millard Fillmore or Herbert Hoover or whatever. Hillary is Athena.

Virginia Heffernan is the author of Magic and Loss: The Internet As Art.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:47 am

Could not read all that dribble.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:04 am

jackalo626 wrote:
rustynuts wrote:
Toddstang wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:Depp now apologized....he didn't know anyone was actually listening to him....
Didn't actually know it would be recorded. Sorry he got caught saying it.
Yep. Hope it burns him in the ass. I like him as an actor, but keep your damned mouth shut dumbass.
Yeah, I pay you to dance, so dance monkey dance!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I just don't get why these celebrities continue to alienate half of the people who give them the life that they have by saying such moronic shit. I like most of the movies Depp has done. He is a fine actor. Clearly, he is dumb as a box of rocks. Everyone has an opinion. You can even voice your opinion in a way that doesn't drive half of everybody away. Better yet, just dance monkey! ;-)
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
rustynuts wrote:
Toddstang wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:Depp now apologized....he didn't know anyone was actually listening to him....
Didn't actually know it would be recorded. Sorry he got caught saying it.
Yep. Hope it burns him in the ass. I like him as an actor, but keep your damned mouth shut dumbass.
Yeah, I pay you to dance, so dance monkey dance!

I just don't get why these celebrities continue to alienate half of the people who give them the life that they have by saying such moronic shit. I like most of the movies Depp has done. He is a fine actor. Clearly, he is dumb as a box of rocks. Everyone has an opinion. You can even voice your opinion in a way that doesn't drive half of everybody away. Better yet, just dance monkey! ;-)
Yep.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:10 am

National reciprocity is supported by ISIS.
Or something like that.

Manhattan prosecutor: Gun law reciprocity bill ‘supported, I am sure, by ISIS’
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/339320 ... re-by-isis
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:42 pm

University of Arizona Scholar Identifies as a Hippopotamus in Academic Journal
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/05/2 ... c-journal/
A visiting scholar at the University of Arizona claimed he identifies as a hippopotamus in a recently published article in an academic journal.
Writing in the Journal of Theoretical Humanities, University of Arizona visiting scholar Florentin Félix Morin argued that his hippo alter-ego has allowed him to navigate the world free from the constraints that “govern human bodies.”
This article explores the formation of a tranimal, hippopotamus alter-ego. Confronting transgender with transpecies, the author claims that his hippopotamus “identity” allowed him to (verbally) escape, all at once, several sets of categorization that govern human bodies (“gender,” “sexuality,” age). He starts with an account of how his metaphorical hippo-self is collectively produced and performed, distinguishing the subjective, the intersubjective and the social. The article then investigates the politics of equating transgender and transpecies, critically examining the question of the inclusion of “xenogenders” in the trans political movement.

In the article, Morin claims that while he understands that he is not actually a hippopotamus, his theoretical exercise of being transspecies, or “tranimal,” provided him comfort as he came to terms with his real-life transgenderism.
“I do strongly love when my friends call me ‘hippo,’ refer to my ‘paws’ and pretend that they see no difference between me and one of my stuffed hippopotamuses, except that I’m a little bigger than most of them,” Morin writes. “In a surprising, sometimes overwhelming way I find comfort in this collectively performed animal identity.”
“I find comfort in this collectively performed animal identity,” Morin continues. “Let me put it this way: something about being a hippo makes me feel cute, confident, sexy, and safe. I discovered that another self was available for me: being a hippo means that I don’t have to be a boy or a girl, a child or an adult, normal or strange.”
On the University of Arizona’s website, Morin is touted as an exciting addition to the institution’s LGBT Studies program.
Florentin Félix Morin is a French student who just started his PhD this year at Université Paris 8. He works at the intersection of Trans Studies and Animal Studies, focusing on tranimal body modifications, practices and subjectivities. He is beyond excited to be in Tucson for the Spring semester, benefit from all the department’s and the Institute’s activities, conduct fieldwork in the US, and meet everyone! (He uses the name ‘Felix’ in English.)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:57 pm

Home Depot, Menards face lawsuits over lumber size description
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/na ... 415874001/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:47 pm

This is CNN

Elmo? Really?

CNN Interviews Sesame Street’s Elmo About ‘Wonderful’ Trip to Refugee Camp
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism ... ugee-camp/

irishrob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by irishrob » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:05 am

YouTube stunt leaves man dead, pregnant girlfriend charged
http://www.wave3.com/story/35773641/you ... nd-charged

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Dustin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:15 am

irishrob wrote:YouTube stunt leaves man dead, pregnant girlfriend charged
http://www.wave3.com/story/35773641/you ... nd-charged
Problem there is they all ready had kids.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:11 pm

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:39 pm

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:40 pm

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:03 pm

There's plenty more tax payer money where that came from.

‘Sanctuary City’ San Francisco Pays Illegal Alien $190k for Reporting Him to ICE
http://www.breitbart.com/california/201 ... ettlement/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:11 pm

Wut?
Oh, it's infowars, that explains it.
“We actually believe that there is a colony on Mars that is populated by children who were kidnapped and sent into space on a 20-year ride,” said Steele. “So that once they get to Mars they have no alternative but to be slaves on the Mars colony.”
NASA: Uh, No, We're Not Running A Child Slave Colony On Mars
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/christine ... s-n2348941

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:11 pm

Must be something in the water in Florida
Caller: "There's this young man here on Jamey Lane and there's a gentleman that told me he just got bit by a diamondback rattlesnake. There's another gentleman carrying it. And he's saying on the tongue and he's bleeding from the mouth."
Caller: "There's another man carrying the rattlesnake and they look like they might -- they are going to need some help here. And I'm getting scared."
911 Dispatcher: "Yes ma'am. I understand. I'm sending rescue now for the man who was bitten."
Caller: "She's sending rescue. All right."
911: "Ma'am, I need you to answer a couple more questions before I let you go. Where is the man who was bitten?"
Caller: "He's sitting here on the side of the road, and he's pounding on my car door and I've got it locked. And there's another man carrying the snake in the road."
911: "Can you tell him to drop the snake? Why is he carrying the snake?"
Caller: "I don't know. I'm not rolling down my windows. My doors are locked in my car. I'm starting to get very frightened. I'm going to tell this guy to have a seat here. He's hanging onto my car door."Caller: "Drop the snake. On the road. Drop it! Oh my. Drop it!" 
Caller: "It looks like he was bitten on the tongue and he's bleeding."
911: "Where was he bitten, ma'am?"
Caller: "On the tongue."
Rattlesnake bites man trying to kiss it
http://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/pu ... attlesnake

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:07 am

How to screw up a kid's head from day 1

Parents celebrate ‘huge step forward’ in fight to keep baby’s gender off ID, allow child to discover it
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index ... ic=55047.0

I'll make it simple for them
Boys have a penis
Girls have a vagina

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:40 am

Along those lines

"She does know cats don't give a fuck about her delusions right?"

SJW Raising Her Cats "Gender Neutral" to Help Society
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWCN3j9z0vE

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:44 am

Sorry to disappoint some of you but she's already married.
“It’s just something that I have to do and I take it one day at a time,” she said. “I want to be remembered for something, and I think having the world’s biggest hips is what I was meant to be remembered for.”
This Pennsylvania woman is determined to have the world’s biggest hips — even if it ends up killing her, according to a report.
http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/2017/0 ... -hips.html

jmeister
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by jmeister » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:55 am

WLJ wrote: ‘Sanctuary City’ San Francisco Pays Illegal Alien $190k for Reporting Him to ICE
I see your San Francisco and raise you Canada

Canada's Liberal government will apologize to former Guantanamo Bay inmate Omar Khadr and pay him around C$10 million
A Canadian citizen, Khadr was captured in Afghanistan in 2002 at age 15 after a firefight with U.S. soldiers. He pleaded guilty to killing a U.S. Army medic and became the youngest inmate held at the military prison in Cuba.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:21 pm

A bit off the beaten path here, but definitely qualifies as stupid.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/florida ... alligator/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:24 pm

rustynuts wrote:A bit off the beaten path here, but definitely qualifies as stupid.

Happy ending for the alligator

Catch this part?
In 2002, three employees of the Columbus zoo were condemned, after it was revealed that the zookeepers allowed people into the zoo after business hours for the purpose of copulating with the animals.
Oooookay.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:25 pm

jmeister wrote:
WLJ wrote: ‘Sanctuary City’ San Francisco Pays Illegal Alien $190k for Reporting Him to ICE
I see your San Francisco and raise you Canada

Canada's Liberal government will apologize to former Guantanamo Bay inmate Omar Khadr and pay him around C$10 million
A Canadian citizen, Khadr was captured in Afghanistan in 2002 at age 15 after a firefight with U.S. soldiers. He pleaded guilty to killing a U.S. Army medic and became the youngest inmate held at the military prison in Cuba.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:26 pm

WLJ wrote:
rustynuts wrote:A bit off the beaten path here, but definitely qualifies as stupid.

Happy ending for the alligator

Catch this part?
In 2002, three employees of the Columbus zoo were condemned, after it was revealed that the zookeepers allowed people into the zoo after business hours for the purpose of copulating with the animals.
Oooookay.
Yeah, saw that.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:51 pm

Cockadile
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”