Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Re: Stupid Stuff

Post by WLJ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Not stupid but to add to the Black Panther comments above.

Reviews for Black Panther have been coming in and even the conservative sites are giving it two thumbs up.
As I suspected, 99% of the PC crap concerning the movie is coming from external sources not connected with the movie and not from the movie itself based on the reviews I've read.

Sounding like a good movie.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:40 pm

I'll just leave this here
DWP830EXUAArbM-.jpg large.jpg
DWP830EXUAArbM-.jpg large.jpg (55.75 KiB) Viewed 1252 times
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:14 pm

WLJ wrote:Wow
Woman puts baby up for adoption, he grows up to be a violent young man who will spend the rest of his life in prison for a mass murder. Tell me more about how abortions are wrong. #Florida #ParklandSchoolShooting
— Hoodie Rebecca ?? (@dorothyofisrael) February 15, 2018
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... r-n2450612
Old news. The Donahue-Levitt (2001) study put forth fairly strong evidence that legalizing abortion reduces crime:

http://pricetheory.uchicago.edu/levitt/ ... ed2001.pdf

But neither the Left nor the Right want to touch this with a 10 foot pole; it runs contrary to their respective dogmas.

Edited to add: for those who don’t know, Professor Levitt is one half of the Freakonomics team, the same guys who determined gun laws don’t deter violent crime.
Last edited by Frailer on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:25 pm

rustynuts wrote:
WLJ wrote:Maybe not stupid
She figured out how to sell lots of GS Cookies
A Girl Scout sold more than 300 boxes of cookies in 6 hours outside a San Diego................
‘LEAVE HER ALONE’! Why do San Diego Girl Scouts want to punish this ‘brilliant’ young woman?
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/ ... ung-woman/
Applaud her ingenuity, don't punish her. No sales in commercial areas? Better tell all the moms that set up at Wal-Mart, Kroger, etc.8
Yep!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:25 pm

rustynuts wrote:How about a book called "How Hillary Fucked Up and Cost Herself The Election"?

That might be worth reading.
Word.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:27 pm

ssracer wrote:My favorite was the guy who tweeted mad because none of black panther was actually shot in Africa. So someone responded with being pissed that none of Star Wars was actually filmed in space...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Seen that too lmao!

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:29 pm

WLJ wrote:And the stupid keeps on coming
dv7gakau0aum5eg.jpg
responsetweet.jpg
So he is raciallly biased by his own admission correct? Am I understanding their logic in this or is it always "except them" of course?

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:30 pm

ssracer wrote:
dv7gakau0aum5eg.jpg
responsetweet.jpg
Monday headline
Marvel’s Black Panther flops on opening weekend as racist white people stay home

It doesn't interest me at all. Won't see not because black people but because of the white people now.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:32 pm

WLJ wrote:
ssracer wrote:Caden got the black panther mask and claws for his birthday and has been having a blast with them..lol

Hahahahahahahaha

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:07 am

ssracer wrote:
dv7gakau0aum5eg.jpg
responsetweet.jpg
Monday headline
Marvel’s Black Panther flops on opening weekend as racist white people stay home

Pulled in $192 million over the weekend.
But just like right after we elected the first black president I bet that will get twisted into "that proves we're more racist than ever" somehow.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:09 am

Speaking of Black Panther

2 guys try to see 'Black Panther' disguised as 1 very tall guy in a trench coat
http://www.wave3.com/story/37536385/two ... rench-coat

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:59 pm

In Florida, it's easier to buy an assault rifle than it is to obtain cold medicine http://cbsn.ws/2CvoAQK
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/9656 ... 28/video/1

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:33 pm

Sigh
Breaking my rule to express disgust upon learning @realDonaldTrump visited the hospital. I’ll lose followers for saying this, but I don’t care: #Trump visiting #FloridaSchoolShooting victims is like Hitler visiting sick Jews at Auschwitz. They’re as much his victims as Cruz’s.
5:43 PM - 16 Feb 2018
https://twitter.com/hashtag/FloridaScho ... wsrc%5Etfw

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:33 pm

And when the facts don't support your narrative, lie
DWU1Z7AVoAEL1j1 Bullshit.jpg

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:40 am

And here I thought it was aliens that brought down Al Franken.
But according to this it was the...............................Japanese??????
It's gotten to the point where I don't know what is parody and what is not anymore

The Social Media Psy-op That Took Down Al Franken
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ocid=ientp
White nationalist provocateurs, a pair of fake news sites, and an army of Twitter bots and other cyber tricks helped derail Democratic Senator Al Franken last year, new research shows.

While everyone has been focused on Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election to support Donald Trump, the Franken take-down originated in—and was propelled by—a strategic online campaign with digital tentacles reaching to, of all places, Japan. Analysts have now mapped out how the initial accusation against Franken by Hooters pinup girl and lad-mag model Leeann Tweeden was turned into effective propaganda after first being hinted at by right wing black ops master Roger Stone.

A pair of Japan-based websites, created the day before Tweeden came forward, and a swarm of related Twitter bots made the Tweeden story go viral—and then weaponized a liberal writer's criticism of Franken. The bot army, in tandem with prominent real live human right-wingers with Twitter followers in the millions, such as Mike Cernovich, spewed thousands of posts, helping the #frankenfondles hashtag and the "Franken is a groper" meme effectively silence the testimonies of eight former female staffers who defended the Minnesota Democrat before he resigned last year.

The operation commenced on November 15, when Roger Stone— who is now banned from Twitter for racism and profanity—tweeted from one of his accounts “Roger Stone says it’s Al Franken’s ‘time in the barrel.’ Franken next in long list of Democrats accused of ‘grabby’ behavior.”

On the same day, a web domain called realusa.site was registered in Japan by a developer named Atsufumi Otsuka. A fake-news website was then established at that web address, and then a second one was created a few days later, according to research shared with the voting rights research outfit Unhack the Vote.

Tweeden’s account of being groped by Franken was first amplified by a network of right wing media, including KABC in Los Angeles, where Tweeden has a radio show, The Hill, Infowars and Breitbart, which mobilized within hours of Stone's tweet and the release of a picture of a Tweeden and Franken clowning around at a USO performance before he was a senator.

By November 17, the trending of “Al Franken” was officially also a Russia Intelligence operation, according to the Alliance for Securing Democracy, an organization tracking Russian social media accounts, based on a sample taken that day of 600 of the fake accounts.

Five days later, on November 20, right-wing provocateur Charles Johnson tweeted, “Thinking of offering money to people who go on tv and say Al Frank is a predator.”

That same day, Otsuka registered a second domain in Japan, establishing a second fake news site. Both accounts used the same Google analytics account ID and Apple app ID, and the name servers and registration for both sites was virtually identical, researchers found.

On December 7, just before Democrats started calling for Franken to step down, the freshly minted Japan-based fake sites went to work, and re-published an article by Ijeoma Oluo, a liberal writer urging women and activists to stand down on support for Franken, which she'd posted on a much smaller website, with a reach of 10,000 followers, titled, “Dear Al Franken, I’ll Miss You But You Can’t Matter Anymore.”

Suddenly, thousands of apparently fake Twitter accounts were tweeting the title of the article—but linking back to one of the two Japanese-registered fake news sites created in conjunction with the right-wing anti-Franken campaign. The bot accounts normally tweeted about celebrities, Bitcoin and sports, but on that day, they were mobilized against Franken. Researchers have found that each bot account had 30 to 60 followers, all Japanese. The first follower for each account was either Japanese or Russian.

“We began to suspect that this legitimate opinion piece [by Iluo] had been weaponized for political gain by dozens of twitter accounts, all of them repeatedly tweeting links to the two domains registered in Japan in late November,” Farb wrote in Medium. “Strong similarities between the accounts combined with clear connection to the two recently-established Japanese websites verified our suspicions.”

Soon, Farb and company realized they had “stumbled upon a sophisticated botnet being used to spread alt-right propaganda.”

The researcher who discovered the botnet has nicknamed it “the Voty botnet” and it is still alive and kicking today, although currently not operating in service of any political propaganda. The researchers estimate that more than 400 accounts are in the botnet, although at any given time, only a subset are being deployed in the online American political wars.

The botnet has been spreading propaganda "for over two months now," according to the researchers, and Twitter is aware of it, and has not stopped it. "We know this because Twitter has suspended some spam accounts that follow our Voty bots," the researcher told Newsweek. "This shows that Twitter is aware that these 'follower' accounts are not legitimate. But if you look at the “who to follow” suggestion window when you are on a Voty botnet account, the suggestions are almost always other Voty Twitter bot accounts. This shows that Twitter is aware that these accounts are interrelated."

One question remains: Who is paying for this operation? The researchers believe that the operation was expensive. "We estimate dozens of hours of initial development time and at least one person working full time to produce and distribute content," one of the researchers told Newsweek. "Additionally it's likely that an existing bot farm of compromised computers is basically being rented as a distributed host for these accounts."

Like targeted Facebook ads that Russian troll farms used in the 2016 election, Twitter bots have been around for years and were originally created for commercial purposes—to sell stuff. But since the 2016 election, arguably lost due to the right's superior utilization of darker online strategies, the left is not known to have created or mobilized its own fake cyber army to amplify its viewpoint.

"Agreed we need one," Democratic digital media strategist Jess McIntosh, who worked on Franken's campaign and for Hillary Clinton's bid for president, emailed Newsweek. "But it's harder to use these tactics when you can't rely on either lies OR hate to do it."

Franken resigned on January 2 and is back in private life. He could not be reached for comment on Sunday.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:07 am

WLJ wrote:And when the facts don't support your narrative, lie
Saw that one on several posts on Facebook. Had to tell them all that they needed to fact check a bit before posting such inaccurate information.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 pm

rustynuts wrote:
WLJ wrote:And when the facts don't support your narrative, lie
Saw that one on several posts on Facebook. Had to tell them all that they needed to fact check a bit before posting such inaccurate information.
Facts?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:07 pm

Usual MSN blah blah blah
But this part is an eye opener.
"America is a gun society. That is what made (suspect) Nikolas Cruz seem normal. It is not normal for someone to have a stockpile of weapons in their room when they are mentally ill," Calderon said.
Uhhhhh

Florida survivors, lawmakers on collision course over guns
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/flori ... ocid=ientp

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:29 am

Saw this on some other sites as well so they're apparently not it blowing out of proportion. When you don't have facts, or don't like the facts you do have. make up your own facts.
They flooded the governor's office, and the governor is refusing to speak with these students," Tur said. "These are students from across Florida. They're students from Parkland … The survivors. It sounds like they're not being heard."
Six minutes later, Tur said Scott's office had called MSNBC to tell them he would be meeting with small groups of Parkland students for 20 minutes each at 5 p.m.

"Right now, he is not in the office. He is at the funeral, I believe, for a student," Tur said. "That's why he cannot meet with those kids right now
Facepalm: MSNBC Trashes Rick Scott For Ignoring Student Protestors; He Was At A Funeral For One Of the Victims
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... f-n2452473

Rescue9
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Rescue9 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:36 pm

Even Android Studio doesn't recognize Obama as a real president.

</GeekMoment>Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Lol
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:56 am

Brook describes “heterosexuality” as an issue that needs to be fixed. “So far I have suggested that in feminist, gender and sexuality studies, heterosexuality is a problem, and a problem resistant to any easy solution,” she wrote.

Brook suggests “heterosexuality” could benefit from “queering.”
Flinders University Professor Writes About the ‘Horrors’ of Heterosexuality
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/02/2 ... sexuality/

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:14 am

WLJ wrote:
Brook describes “heterosexuality” as an issue that needs to be fixed. “So far I have suggested that in feminist, gender and sexuality studies, heterosexuality is a problem, and a problem resistant to any easy solution,” she wrote.

Brook suggests “heterosexuality” could benefit from “queering.”
Flinders University Professor Writes About the ‘Horrors’ of Heterosexuality
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/02/2 ... sexuality/

I had to sit in a lecture that covered this topic. All it included was male bashing and how it is ok to cheat on husband/wife.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:11 am

And we wonder why our kids are shooting people
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:39 pm

So CNN wants the DOD to get involved??????????
Does CNN understand, or care, where getting a military involved in the internal affairs of a nation usually leads?
CNN correspondent Barbara Starr on Thursday pressed Pentagon spokeswoman Dana White to explain why the Department of Defense is not more involved in the national debate on gun policy.

Starr asked White during a press briefing about the Pentagon’s role in the gun-control debate multiple times, referencing the fact that three of the victims in last week’s school shooting in Parkland, Florida, were Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps cadets.

“The Pentagon has always stayed out of the civilian gun debate, but given the emotion in the country, the president’s involvement in it, the fact that three Junior ROTC young people were victims, and it does involve recruiting young people into the military, can the Pentagon really continue to stay out of the gun debate in this country, realistically?” Starr asked.

White responded that discussions about gun rights and possibly enacting tighter gun restrictions are for political leaders in Congress, the White House, and their counterparts at the state and local levels, rather than the military.
“Again, there is a sense that this is a subject right now that has grabbed the national conversation. I’m not sure anybody would dispute that, and young people who might want to be recruited, might want to consider the military, certainly are watching this,” Starr said. “We have seen Junior ROTC people in this situation. No one is suggesting that the Pentagon would have the solutions, but do you stay out of the national conversation given the fact that the U.S. military most certainly involves the young people of this country?”
CNN Asks If DOD Will Continue To Stay Out Of Gun Debate
https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/02/2 ... un-debate/

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”