Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Re: Stupid Stuff

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:19 am

Apparently they're applauding Black Panther for it's positive portrayal of a black African nation in response to Trump's supposed "shithole" comment.
One: The movie was completed long before Trump supposedly made the comment.
Two: The movie and the nation portrayed are complete fiction.
To be clear, I have zero problem with it's positive portrayal of a black African nation, none what-so-ever, it's this connecting it to Trump crap that annoys me.

And to top it off they're also saying it shows what Africa would had been if whites hadn't interfered.

I am trying my best to see the movie without all this crap interfering with my enjoyment of it. IF it's any good that is.
I just want to enjoy movies without all this extra baggage.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:30 am

Last edited by WLJ on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:36 am

My favorite was the guy who tweeted mad because none of black panther was actually shot in Africa. So someone responded with being pissed that none of Star Wars was actually filmed in space...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:29 pm

And the stupid keeps on coming
dv7gakau0aum5eg.jpg
dv7gakau0aum5eg.jpg (65.53 KiB) Viewed 370 times
responsetweet.jpg

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:37 pm

How do you 'carefully not buy' something?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:52 pm

White people suck the joy out of everything

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:18 pm

rustynuts wrote:How do you 'carefully not buy' something?
i have to be careful not to buy things sometimes when I’m drunk and on amazon prime...lol

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:31 pm

WLJ wrote:And the stupid keeps on coming
dv7gakau0aum5eg.jpg
responsetweet.jpg
Monday headline
Marvel’s Black Panther flops on opening weekend as racist white people stay home

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:08 pm

ssracer wrote:
rustynuts wrote:How do you 'carefully not buy' something?
i have to be careful not to buy things sometimes when I’m drunk and on amazon prime...lol

I never have the urge to buy anything while I am drunk. Maybe because I buy everything I want when sober!!

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:08 pm

ssracer wrote:
dv7gakau0aum5eg.jpg
responsetweet.jpg
Monday headline
Marvel’s Black Panther flops on opening weekend as racist white people stay home

Hahaha!!!

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:14 am

ssracer wrote:
dv7gakau0aum5eg.jpg
responsetweet.jpg
Monday headline

Ain’t that the truth
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:02 am

Hey, I got a better idea, why don't you move to N. Korea? I hear it's a paradise.
The Star Spangled Banner will no longer be played at rallies at California High School in San Ramon after student leaders determined the song is racially insensitive.
“It was brought to our attention that the national anthem’s third verse is outdated and racially offensive, wrote the president of the school’s Associated Study Body. “We had nothing but good intentions by removing the song so that we could be fully inclusive to our student body.”
High School Students Ban National Anthem From Pep Rallies
https://www.toddstarnes.com/show/high-s ... p-rallies/

Okay, I will agree, somewhat, that the poem it was based has a third verse that if, and only if you want to see it that way, that can be considered mildly racist. But guess what shit for brains, the Anthem does not contain the third verse!
Who's running this school anyway, a group of SJW students????
Last edited by WLJ on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:23 am

California...end of story

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:12 am

More California
Supervisor Catherine Stefani told the San Francisco Examiner that she will introduce a measure banning concealed weapons within a 500-foot radius of large events. Open carry is not allowed in California, but residents can apply for concealed-carry permits.

Stefani said that she was motivated to introduce the bill after concerns about violence breaking out at events were raised over a planned far-right rally in San Francisco last year.
In other words you want to make sure they can't defend themselves from your violent voter base.
“Concealed carry and guns have caused enough damage in this country altogether,” she said.
Would you please explain to us, the uneducated, how the law abiding and inanimate objects cause damage to this country?

San Francisco Set to Ban Guns at Events with More Than 500 People
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/0 ... 00-people/
Last edited by WLJ on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:28 am

WLJ wrote:Hey, I got a better idea, why don't you move to N. Korea? I hear it's a paradise.
The Star Spangled Banner will no longer be played at rallies at California High School in San Ramon after student leaders determined the song is racially insensitive.
“It was brought to our attention that the national anthem’s third verse is outdated and racially offensive, wrote the president of the school’s Associated Study Body. “We had nothing but good intentions by removing the song so that we could be fully inclusive to our student body.”
High School Students Ban National Anthem From Pep Rallies
https://www.toddstarnes.com/show/high-s ... p-rallies/

Okay, I will agree, somewhat, that the poem it was based has a third verse that if, and only if, you want to see it there that can be considered mildly racist. But guess what shit for brains, the Anthem does not contain the third verse!
Who's running this school anyway, a group of SJW students????
That was a rhetorical question, right?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:55 am

What part of Test Flight do they not understand?
Most of the responses say anything I want to say.

His Rocket
His Car
His money

Salon: Elon Musk’s launching of a Tesla was ‘a slap in the face to REAL science’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/02 ... l-science/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:39 am

The New York Times frets that dressing your child up as the main character, T'Challa, played by Chadwick Boseman in the movie, might just be cultural appropriation, or worse, something akin to wearing "blackface." Before editing the name of their article to "The Many Faces of Black Panther," it seems they even titled it "Who's Allowed to Wear a Black Panther Mask?"
New York Times Wonders 'Can White Kids Dress As Black Panther?'
https://www.dailywire.com/news/27130/ne ... ly-zanotti

But then it has this ray of hope
In their own article, Boseman — Black Panther, himself — says that he finds joy in seeing all races of children dress up as his eponymous character. Other members of the cast told the NYT that they believe that kind of crossover is actually a testament to how impactful the movie is on an increasingly polarized cultures.
In other words, shutup SJWs

It also contains this gem
Brigitte Vittrup of Texas Women's College told the Times that any parent allowing their child to dress up as Black Panther must, at least, discuss with them the concept of privilege. “White people have the privilege of not constantly being reminded of their race in the United States, where white is the majority, whereas as a black person you don’t," she said.
Hate to break it to him, but yes whites are constantly being reminded of their race.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:44 am

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!?!??!?!!???!?!????!

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:47 am

So....Asians, Hispanics, middle easterners, African Americans, etc. cannot dress up as Spiderman, Superman, Batman, The Hulk, Iron Man, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, etc., etc., etc., correct?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:48 am

I want to see the movie but I'm going to wait for it to hit netflix and watch it at home if for no other reason to avoid some of this nonsense.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:50 am

rustynuts wrote:So....Asians, Hispanics, middle easterners, African Americans, etc. cannot dress up as Spiderman, Superman, Batman, The Hulk, Iron Man, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, etc., etc., etc., correct?
Green Privilege!

And BTW, both Superman and Supergirl are illegal aliens. Just saying

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:57 am

Caden got the black panther mask and claws for his birthday and has been having a blast with them..lol

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:59 am

ssracer wrote:Caden got the black panther mask and claws for his birthday and has been having a blast with them..lol

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:15 pm

WLJ wrote:
rustynuts wrote:So....Asians, Hispanics, middle easterners, African Americans, etc. cannot dress up as Spiderman, Superman, Batman, The Hulk, Iron Man, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, etc., etc., etc., correct?
Green Privilege!

And BTW, both Superman and Supergirl are illegal aliens. Just saying
But dey white!!

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:16 pm

ssracer wrote:Caden got the black panther mask and claws for his birthday and has been having a blast with them..lol

Shame on you for being a racially insensitive, shitty white parent.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”