Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Re: At first I thought this came from The Onion

Post by WLJ » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Some jokes just write themselves

Gays Against Guns (GAG) Marches in NYC Pride Parade
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/0 ... de-parade/

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Microaggression madness: Footwear flattery and Santa cause coed kerfuffle
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/06/ ... uffle.html
One of the guidelines posted on UNC’s Employee Forum warned against complimenting a woman on her choice of footwear. To do so would be considered to be a micro-aggression meaning “I notice how you look and dress more than I value your intellectual contributions. How you look is really important.”
For instance, only having “male” and “female” as gender options on forms is considered to be a micro-aggression because it implies “you must fit in the gender binary and select among these predefined categories.”
UNC also frowns on dress codes that require men and women to dress differently – warning that not letting a man wear a sun dress and spanx could be a “violation of anti-discrimination policies.”
And heaven help the poor soul who incorrectly identifies a transgender person’s gender. Workers are warned to avoid addressing trans people with incorrect gender pronouns, inquiring about their ‘real’ identity, asking them to “explain their gender identity and denying or failing to acknowledge their pronouns, name or identity.”
Celebrating Christmas or taking a Christmas vacation are also considered to be no-no’s.
The university guidelines indicate that to deck the halls “further centers the Christian faith and minimizes non-Christian spiritual rituals and observances.”
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:10 pm

Fuck UNC and all of that horseshit!

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:10 pm

It's amazing to me how we progressed and moved forward for so long and now the lowest forms in society have made the higher forms bend to their will. Kind of makes you wonder who really is the lowest form now doesn't it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:11 pm

My grandpa would slap the shit out of me if I told him that Christmas was a "no no" to talk about in public. May he rest in peace without this knowledge that we let him down and all he fought for in the war.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:19 pm

It gets better

Professors investigated for presenting opposing viewpoints
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/profe ... le/2594590
Two professors at the University of Northern Colorado were investigated after students complained that they were forced to hear opposing viewpoints.

The complaints were made to Northern Colorado's "Bias Response Team," an Orwellian office on campus that asks students to report their peers and professors for anything that upsets or offends them. When the news outlet Heat Street made an open records request for some of the complaints, it discovered that two students had become so upset about having to hear an opinion they disagreed with they filed reports with school administrators.
Instead of learning how to confront this opinion and be able to adequately teach someone how they are wrong to believe that, the student felt they shouldn't have had to hear it in the first place.
Because one student in one class was offended, the professor has to change his teaching method. What it means is that our institutions of higher learning are no longer run by adults.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:53 am

Entry 9: The academy is out of its depth.
By Richard A. Posner
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... rfect.html
I see absolutely no value to a judge of spending decades, years, months, weeks, day, hours, minutes, or seconds studying the Constitution, the history of its enactment, its amendments, and its implementation (across the centuries—well, just a little more than two centuries, and of course less for many of the amendments). Eighteenth-century guys, however smart, could not foresee the culture, technology, etc., of the 21st century. Which means that the original Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the post–Civil War amendments (including the 14th), do not speak to today. David Strauss is right: The Supreme Court treats the Constitution like it is authorizing the court to create a common law of constitutional law, based on current concerns, not what those 18th-century guys were worrying about.
Richard A. Posner is a judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, and a senior lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:30 am

An Oshithead alumni, obviously. I love Constitutional "scholars" who have never bothered to read the document. It is, after all, such an onerous read, taking longer than 5 seconds to accomplish.

I fucking hate people.

IN GOD WE TRUST

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:23 am

For some reason, the Obama administration was having a debate over apparel while Americans were fighting for their lives in Benghazi, Libya. Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-KS), a member of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, revealed as much to radio host Hugh Hewitt Tuesday morning before the committee released its final report.

Combat Marines were ordered in and out of uniform four times before finally launching their rescue effort, Pompeo explained. Apparently the State Department was worried about optics.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobr ... g-n2184669

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:26 am

And from across the pond

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/justinholc ... t-n2184665
According to a poll conducted after the Great Britain's momentous Brexit vote, elderly people were far more likely to vote to leave the European Union (EU) than those under the age of 50 years old.

Therefore, having lost the argument, supporters of 'Remain' are blaming the elderly for the decision, and even arguing that their voting rights should be taken away.
“How old people have screwed over the younger generation” from the Independent

“Old People Seem Intent on F****** Us Over Forever”, and, “Brexit Proves Baby Boomers Should Get Less of a Vote” from VICE

“WE SHOULD BAN OLD PEOPLE FROM VOTING” from GQ Magazine
my brexit hot take: when will old people dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
— kelly (@marketableskill) June 24, 2016

Maybe #old people over should have to pass a competence test before voting to #Brexit since they are ruining a world they won't live in.
— Stephen Robert Morse (@morsels) June 24, 2016

I guess #Brexit proves that old, racist folks always get what they want. Old people vote.
— Manny-O-War (@MannyOWar) June 24, 2016

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:27 am

And it's not even noon yet
Maybe I should start putting sometime stronger in my coffee.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:07 am

WLJ wrote:And from across the pond

According to a poll conducted after the Great Britain's momentous Brexit vote, elderly people were far more likely to vote to leave the European Union (EU) than those under the age of 50 years old.

Therefore, having lost the argument, supporters of 'Remain' are blaming the elderly for the decision, and even arguing that their voting rights should be taken away.

“Old People Seem Intent on F****** Us Over Forever”, and, “Brexit Proves Baby Boomers Should Get Less of a Vote” from VICE

Maybe #old people over should have to pass a competence test before voting to #Brexit since they are ruining a world they won't live in.

I guess #Brexit proves that old, racist folks always get what they want. Old people vote.
Couldn't possibly be that the older generation has that thing that only comes with age....whats it called again.....oh yea WISDOM!

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:10 am

http://www.dailywire.com/news/6961/gay- ... gn=dwbrand

A Hillary Clinton supporting, registered Democrat, Allah praising terrorist kills 50 people in a gay nightclub and at the pride parade they roll out a banner that says Republican Hate Kills.......

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:12 am

ssracer wrote:http://www.dailywire.com/news/6961/gay- ... gn=dwbrand

A Hillary Clinton supporting, registered Democrat, Allah praising terrorist kills 50 people in a gay nightclub and at the pride parade they roll out a banner that says Republican Hate Kills.......

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:15 am

From the same site

http://www.dailywire.com/news/6694/tenu ... stigiacomo
In his "research" piece, Katz explicitly states that the Republicans, conservatives, and “the Christian right” are to blame for a horrific radical Islamic terrorist attack, which left 49 people dead and injuring 53 others, at a popular gay nightclub in Orlando on Sunday.

He adds that the focus on ISIS is a “deliberate misdirection” by the homophobic Right, who would otherwise find the defense of murdered gays “unpalatable.”

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:18 am

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:21 am

WLJ wrote:From the same site

http://www.dailywire.com/news/6694/tenu ... stigiacomo
In his "research" piece, Katz explicitly states that the Republicans, conservatives, and “the Christian right” are to blame for a horrific radical Islamic terrorist attack, which left 49 people dead and injuring 53 others, at a popular gay nightclub in Orlando on Sunday.

He adds that the focus on ISIS is a “deliberate misdirection” by the homophobic Right, who would otherwise find the defense of murdered gays “unpalatable.”
This qualifies as above and beyond a special kind of stupid.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:33 am

^^^^^
Never let reality interfere with ideology

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:32 pm

The NY TIMES has already published a headline that the Benghazi.house.gov investigation has not yielded any evidence of Hitlery' wrong-doing. The report hit the House website 10 minutes before this was published, all 800 pages of it.

I downloaded the whole thing, read the synopsis in the introduction alrwady, and the above headline is absolute bullshit.

IN GOD WE TRUST

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:46 pm

Wyldman wrote:The NY TIMES has already published a headline that the Benghazi.house.gov investigation has not yielded any evidence of Hitlery' wrong-doing. The report hit the House website 10 minutes before this was published, all 800 pages of it.

I downloaded the whole thing, read the synopsis in the introduction alrwady, and the above headline is absolute bullshit.

CNN.com is doing the same thing, nothing to see here.
Hillary could walk around cover in dog shit and CNN & the NYTs would go on about how sweet her new perfume is.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:34 pm

Sickening

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:37 pm

Rem700 wrote:
WLJ wrote:And from across the pond

Couldn't possibly be that the older generation has that thing that only comes with age....whats it called again.....oh yea WISDOM!
Bernie must of skipped that step.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:57 pm

Code Pink Confronts Cruz at Senate Hearing on Islamic Terror, Says He Has a ‘Serious Case’ of Islamophobia
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobr ... a-n2184948

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:57 pm

WLJ wrote:Code Pink Confronts Cruz at Senate Hearing on Islamic Terror, Says He Has a ‘Serious Case’ of Islamophobia
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobr ... a-n2184948
Send them to Iran, problem solved.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:11 pm

But then it won't be front page news
Al-Qaeda has some curious advice for wannabe jihadis: don't attack a place unless it's frequented by people of the "Anglo-Saxon community." This warning was published in the "Inspire" magazine periodically published by Al-Qaeda. The rationale behind this warning is to avoid having future terrorist attacks labeled as hate crimes instead of acts of jihad.
Al-Qaeda: Target White People In The U.S. So It's Not Called A Hate Crime
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christiner ... e-n2185406

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”