Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: At first I thought this came from The Onion

Post by WLJ » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:03 pm

WLJ wrote:Holy fucking cow
Do these people wake up every morning thinking what can I find to be racist today?

How ‘Good Morning America’ calling a popular Kermit the Frog meme ‘Tea Lizard’ whitewashes Black Twitter’s comedic genius
http://fusion.net/story/316936/tea-lizard/
There's even a wiki article
The post described Kermit as #tealizard, which garnered extremely negative reactions from numerous Internet users and journalists.[1][7] E! Online additionally criticized the post's mention of a meme of a very little popularity, #smockin, in comparison to much more well-known memes.[7] Some have suggestion #smockin might be a misspelling of a line from the Mask film, "smokin".[8] However, the post did have its positive responses from some people, given that Kermit is green and his creator, Jim Henson, described him as a “lizard-like” species when he debuted on television in 1955 debut TV appearance.[3] Regardless, the Tea Lizard missaying grew into a meme of itself, with an account parodying the meme made on Twitter.[2][3][8] Charles Pulliam-Moore, who wrote an article about Good Morning America and its reasoning of backlash due to its association with a meme that its black founders never got credit for, wrote on Twitter that the American Broadcasting Company, the channel that aired Good Morning America and a one-season Muppets television show that was cancelled three months before the Good Morning America post, had "dissed" its own property and didn’t understand how reptiles and amphibians were different.[4]

The #TeaLizard post has also been seen as an example of “cultural appropriation” and “black erasure”;[3] some journalists wrote that the reason for the negative reactions toward towards the use of the Kermit The Frog image in Good Morning America's Twitter post in addition to the use of #TeaLizard is because the image was previously well known with a meme that, according to Fusion's Charles Pulliam-Moore, despite being the "symbol for the comedic brilliance born out of black communities on the internet," its black creators had never been credited for when it spread.[4][9] The picture is a screenshot from a one-minute and 30-second-long Lipton advertisement featuring the muppet, titled “Be More Kermit.”[4] In the commercial, the frog goes through a loud city before relaxing to drink tea at a cafe.[4] "Be More Kermit" aired in 2014, the same year the earliest known #KermitMemes appeared on Instagram.[4] A GIF from the commercial was used for the #ButThatsNoneOfMyBusiness meme, which first appeared on the Tumblr blog Kermit The Snitch, a site featuring mostly "black" jokes and memes.[4] Pulliam-Moore called it "one of the greatest clapback hashtags to have ever made its way across Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr."[4]

ABC tried to ignore the controversy as "just basic internet stuff"[5] and issued an apology on Twitter an hour after they made their #TeaLizard post: "Twitter has spoken: #CryingLeBron does not join other popular memes. (Sorry, @KermitTheFrog.)"[3]
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:43 pm

Annoying yes, but a hate crime?????

British county now classifying cat-calling as a hate crime
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/14 ... crime.html
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:43 am

Honestly, I wasn't sure where to put this

http://www.rebelcircus.com/blog/bang-ba ... etishists/
Bang, Bang: Inside The Bizarre World Of Gun Fetishists

While political pundits might use the phrase “gun fetishist” as an exaggerated insult to conservatives, for some folks, it’s actually a spot-on description of their love lives. These people are known as ammosexuals, gunsexuals, or just simply gun fetishists. Shocking as it may be, some men and women have come forth to talk about their sexual attraction to guns. Keep reading to learn more about the fetish, the people that take part in it, and more information right here.

Have you ever thought of guns as sexy, or is it way off limits for you? Tell us your opinion below.

1. First Off, The Proper Term Is Hoplophilia. A sexual attraction to guns is properly classified as Hoplophilia. The name is derived from the Greek words hoplon, meaning “arms” and philia, meaning “love.” That being said, most people who are attracted to guns or gun kink call themselves “ammophiles” or “gunsexuals.”

2. It’s Considered To Be A Serious Paraphilia. A paraphilia is the medical term for a sexual fetish that strays outside the norm. Because of the fact that guns can actually kill people, it’s considered to be a highly dangerous paraphilia - despite the fact that most people who have the fetish only get turned on by people who pose with them.

3. A Lot Of The Attraction To Guns Is Based Off Danger Or Power. As one Chive author put it, “I love a lady I’m a little bit afraid of.”

4. In The BDSM World, Actual Gunplay Constitutes As Edgeplay. Edgeplay is the umbrella term that’s used for kinks and fetishes that involve a chance of physical and emotional harm.

5. Others Get Off On Intimidation Play. Gun fetishism often goes hand in hand with other fetishes that tend to fall in the “edge play” category, such as autoassassinophilia, knifeplay, fireplay, hybristophilia, and sadism.

6. They Do Actually Perform Sex Acts With Them, Too. One user on Is It Normal wrote about his fantasy, “I like to involve guns in my sexual activities, for example, making my partner suck on the gun and…other similar things.”

7. ”Other Things” Can Include Sex While Firing The Gun. Another user on Is It Normal by the name of sickbasterd mused, “I always thought of taking an AK-47 with a wooden stock, and shaping the butt of the stock like a dildo or something. Find a private, safe place in the woods, set up a cool target, ‘stick it in,’ and blast away with a 75 or a 100 round drum.”

8. Some Might Event Get Aroused By Intimidating Others Without Consent. In 2013, a Dallas group called “Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America” was met by over 40 men who all were openly carrying weapons. One of the activists who was carrying a gun had been spotted on YouTube discussing the way he got a “perverse pleasure” from intimidating the women at the anti-gun meeting.

9. There Have Been Some Insane Incidents. Jennifer McCarthy, ex-wife of novelist Cormac McCarthy, was arrested after she pointed a real loaded gun at her boyfriend’s head. The 911 call mentions that he witnessed her “having sex with the gun” prior to the threat. Yikes…

10. Here’s The Terrifying Part. Because of the nature of gun fetishism, it’s impossible to tell how many people died because of a sex act gone wrong.

11. That Being Said, Most Gun Fetishists Don’t Go That Far. Most just get aroused by looking at videos of women shooting guns, watching violent movies, or holding a gun.

12. Some Do Take Part In Somewhat Responsible Kink. One Reddit user by the name of fap3xday said it well, “I follow soft RACK rules, meaning that everything is discussed and verified beforehand. If firearms are used in play, both parties verify beforehand that it’s empty (or in the case of an ex, a revolver was 'loaded' with dummy rounds she loaded…).” The user then went on to admit that the dummy round loaded gun play even put him on edge.

13. That Being Said, Most Kinksters And Gun Owners Aren’t Comfortable With It. One other Reddit user remarked, “I’ve been asked to do it before by a few and I refused. It’s just not something to f*** with. I abide by the rules seriously. Although, I did bang a girl on a pile of guns. I was kind of okay with that for some reason.”

14. Is It Common? On an Is It Normal poll, 71% of people said it’s “normal” to want to involve guns in sex play. Thankfully, this is one paraphilia, which stays in the realm of fantasy for most of its fetishists, is just a passing thought for most other people.

15. Thankfully, There Are Safer Options. Obviously, it’s possible to get a safe toy gun or even a gun dildo. Bullet vibrators are also pretty common - even among mainstream kinksters.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

At first I thought this came from The Onion

Post by Gunsmokin » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:19 am

Ooooooooh k.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:49 pm

I love my wife ( and by reference a heterosexual) .

I like guns so there is no sexual attraction, although I do like to look at girls and guns and sometimes the two are in the same picture.

Oh now I am confused.... :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:57 pm

Sure, and the First Amendment only applies to quill-pens and hand operated printing presses too. :roll:

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/blog/rep ... s-muskets/
“This is something as a non-lawyer that I have had trouble with from the very beginning. When the framers of our Constitution considered the Second Amendment, they were talking about muskets,” Coleman said Tuesday at a news conference outside of the U.S. Capitol.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:23 pm

Man in New Zealand quits his job to play Pokemon Go full-time
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... -full-time
He says he's relying on friends and family to help out but admits his parents are "a little bit baffled".

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:41 pm

And another Pokemon story. Got a feeling going to be seeing a bunch.

Pokemon Go leads man with arrest warrant to police station
http://www.wave3.com/story/32460847/pok ... ce-station
MILFORD, MI (WXYZ/CNN) - A Pokemon Go player with a warrant out for his arrest went to the police station to play the game and got arrested.

William Wilcox was riding his bike in his pajamas and playing Pokemon Go, when he found himself at the flagpole outside the Milford Police Department building.

The police station is a gym in the popular mobile game, and in this case literally led a known criminal right to their doorstep.

"Fortunately, sometimes they make our job easy for us," Milford Police Chief Tom Lindberg said. "The original charge he had was for breaking and entering, but the warrant was for failure to appear for sentencing. He either forgot he had a warrant out for his arrest or was just ignoring it thinking nothing will happen."

Several officers recognized Wilcox and arrested him on the spot.

"I think he was more upset that he had to stop playing the game," Lindberg said.

Wilcox was arraigned and has been released. He will be back in court again in a couple of weeks.

Lindberg said Pokemon Go players need to be conscious of where they are and stay out of the way of officers.

"Don't just walk into the police building and start playing the game," Lindberg said. "Most of those characters will appear outside the building."

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:53 pm

WLJ wrote:Man in New Zealand quits his job to play Pokemon Go full-time
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... -full-time
He says he's relying on friends and family to help out but admits his parents are "a little bit baffled".
If that's his daughter, then shame on him for relying on others to provide for his family. If he wants to risk his own wellbeing, have at it, but to risk his children's? Piece of shit should not be getting fan mail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:26 am

Black Lives Matter (BLM) supporters have claimed the deadly terrorist attack in France was “to make people lose attention” [sic] in their movement and focus on “white” lives instead.
Black Lives Matter Activists Angry Dead ‘White People’ In France Stealing Their Limelight
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07 ... limelight/

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:31 am

WLJ wrote:Florida Democrat: FBI Could Have Stopped Orlando Shooting If They Didn't Look Into My Personal Slush Fund
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/ ... d-n2191605
Rep. Brown faces 357 years in prison for her actions if she’s found guilty on all counts and receives the maximum sentences. What’s her reaction, besides saying she’s not guilty? Well, if the federal authorities weren’t looking into her personal slush fund, they could’ve stopped the Orlando attack, or something.
UPDATE: Oh, and of course, Rep. Brown thinks that race is at play here, according to Politico.

"I’m not the first black elected official to be persecuted and, sad to say, I won’t be the last,” said Brown.
What a piece of shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:59 am

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/0 ... day-71-28/
“Don’t ever believe the old saw about guns not killing people. They do and they will, again and again. Guns shoot children, parents, siblings, lovers, neighbors, co-workers, strangers and friends, in error and in fury. This will happen until we decide it should stop, which would mean getting rid of not only the AK-47s but the pretty little silver .22s as well. All of them. No one ever asks for that, maybe because it feels prudent to not enrage the many people who own guns, but the right to not get shot takes precedence over the right to bear arms.” – Ann Patchett

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:09 pm

WLJ wrote:http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/0 ... day-71-28/
“Don’t ever believe the old saw about guns not killing people. They do and they will, again and again. Guns shoot children, parents, siblings, lovers, neighbors, co-workers, strangers and friends, in error and in fury. This will happen until we decide it should stop, which would mean getting rid of not only the AK-47s but the pretty little silver .22s as well. All of them. No one ever asks for that, maybe because it feels prudent to not enrage the many people who own guns, but the right to not get shot takes precedence over the right to bear arms.” – Ann Patchett
Another whiny snowflake bitching about something they know nothing of.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:27 am

From the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot files

Pennsylvania burglary suspect admits using stolen brain to get high
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/16/pe ... -high.html
A Pennsylvania man accused in a string of burglaries faces new charges after admitting to using a stolen human brain to make a potent form of marijuana.

Joshua Long, 26, was formally charged Thursday with misdemeanor abuse of a corpse and conspiracy to commit abuse of a corpse.

Investigators say Long's aunt discovered the brain last month. It was being kept in a WalMart shopping bag under the porch of a trailer where one of Long's friends lived.

Local media, citing police, reported that when Long's aunt asked him about the brain, Long admitted that it was a human organ and that he and his friend, Robbie Lee Zoller, would soak marijuana in the preserving formaldehyde.

Authorities say the high from smoking so-called "wet" marijuana is intense and dangerous, often causing hallucinations.

Authorities said that Long told his relative that he and Zoller had even given the brain a name: "Freddy".

Police believe the brain was a stolen teaching specimen.

"At this point now we're just trying to figure out where it came from," Pennsylvania State Trooper Robert Hicks told Fox 43. "We're hoping that if anyone is missing a human specimen brain to bring it to our attention and maybe we can return it to its rightful owner."

Zoller and another relative of Long's, Angela Micklo, are being sought in connection with the theft.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:38 pm

White elevators are racist

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/us-wor ... 384354.php
Out of all of the controversial topics being discussed at the Republican National Convention in Ohio this week, like building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico Border or same-sex marriage or Donald Trump, elevators is what got under everybody's skin this weekend and had many online thinking the GOP returned to an era when bathrooms and water fountains were segregated.

On Saturday, two days before the official kickoff of the convention held in Cleveland, Wall Street Journal reporter Byron Tau noticed an interesting distinction: a sign for "white elevators." Without context, the elevators drew ire.

Turns out, the white elevators are part of a patriotic "red, white and blue" elevator trio to help convention-goers get to different places in the Quicken Loans Arena.

The elevators caused so much bad feedback that, as Tau reported, they would be replaced "for obvious reasons."
U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan also endured internet criticism after he posted a selfie to his Instagram account Sunday with a slew of Capitol Hill interns. The only problem is that every person in the selfie is white, garnering thousands of critical comments like "Wow, GOP. You can't even use the, 'But I have black friends!' excuse for your racism," and "The lack of racial diversity, disgusts me."

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rem700 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:43 pm

Next they will get mad that im washing my "Whites Only" in the laundry.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:37 pm

You can't make this shit up

Two people shot at a "Stop the Violence Beach Party" One dead.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/19/sh ... r-old.html

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:45 pm

Our world has gone crazy.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:25 pm

Classy

Ew: Women Are Tweeting About Their Periods To Protest Mike Pence
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christiner ... e-n2194693

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:41 pm

rustynuts wrote:Our world has gone crazy.
Yep

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:39 pm

If you don't like it you can do us all a favor and go home

Did This Democrat Senator Really Call the Founding Fathers Maniacal?
http://twitchy.com/twitchys-3839/2016/0 ... -maniacal/
Separation of powers?! But that would keep government officials from making any law they want!

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) called the Founding Fathers “maniacal” for creating this principle.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:10 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/07/ ... ial-black/
But the restaurant owner never expected the post to go viral.

“It wasn’t a mistake to put up the billboard,” says Camuglia, “but it was a mistake to post it on Facebook.”

Within hours of Paisano’s post, Camuglia says the page was flooded with negative comments and the restaurant was inundated with phone calls.

“People were calling us racist. Saying we were a white supremacist restaurant. Some got really derogatory and just started cursing me out.”

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:35 pm

WTF? Can we no longer use the word 'black' in any context? What a bunch of stupid futher muckers.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Okay, I thought the comment was made about the billboard posted above, but even so, these BLM supporters are getting way too anal.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:04 pm

rustynuts wrote:Okay, I thought the comment was made about the billboard posted above, but even so, these BLM supporters are getting way too anal.
Which is the part I accidentally left out
He wrote ‘Black Olives Matter’ on the container and I thought it was hilarious. So we put it on the marquee.”

Eager to promote the seasonal fish dish, Camuglia also posted a picture of the sign to his restaurant’s Facebook page.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”