Verse of the Day

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Verse of the Day

Post by PDM » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:15 am

because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
Romans‬ ‭10‬:‭9‬-10
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:41 am

I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.
Psalms‬ ‭121‬:‭1‬-8
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:28 am

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Mark‬ ‭11‬:‭24‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:24 am

Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.
Psalms‬ ‭55‬:‭22‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:21 am

Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
Hebrews‬ ‭12‬:‭14‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:27 am

Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians‬ ‭3‬:‭13‬-14
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:34 am

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭19‬
Tench Coxe

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:53 am

PDM wrote:And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Man if this is one nearly all of us never remember, no matter how many times we hear or read it...

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:09 am

Niceguy wrote:
PDM wrote:And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Man if this is one nearly all of us never remember, no matter how many times we hear or read it...
During stressful times, this is one of the hardest things for me to remember

22 And he said to his disciples, "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. 24 Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds! 25 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? 26 If then you are not able to do as small a thing as that, why are you anxious about the rest? 27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28 But if God so clothes the grass, which is alive in the field today, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! 29 And do not seek what you are to eat and what you are to drink, nor be worried. 30 For all the nations of the world seek after these things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 Instead, seek his kingdom, and these things will be added to you.
Luke 12:22-31
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:48 am

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
Romans‬ ‭10‬:‭17‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:23 pm

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.
Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭4‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:37 am

You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Psalms‬ ‭16‬:‭11‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:15 am

the Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.
Jeremiah‬ ‭31‬:‭3‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:24 am

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart
Hebrews‬ ‭4‬:‭12‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:18 am

Whoever heeds instruction is on the path to life, but he who rejects reproof leads others astray.
Proverbs‬ ‭10‬:‭17‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:15 am

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
Proverbs‬ ‭17‬:‭17‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:04 am

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
Romans‬ ‭15‬:‭13‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:59 am

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid
Psalms‬ ‭27‬:‭1‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:05 am

Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.
Proverbs‬ ‭4‬:‭23‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:23 am

Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.
John‬ ‭15‬:‭13‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:26 am

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.
Isaiah‬ ‭12‬:‭2‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:38 am

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.
Proverbs‬ ‭18‬:‭21‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:40 am

He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.
Proverbs‬ ‭18‬:‭22‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:03 am

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.
Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭26
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:02 am

My son, do not despise the Lord 's discipline or be weary of his reproof, for the Lord reproves him whom he loves, as a father the son in whom he delights.
Proverbs‬ ‭3‬:‭11‬-12
Tench Coxe

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”