Verse of the Day

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: Verse of the Day

Post by PDM » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:14 am

But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.
Isaiah‬ ‭53‬:‭5‬
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:59 am

but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans‬ ‭5‬:‭8‬
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:39 am

He will swallow up death forever; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for the Lord has spoken.
Isaiah‬ ‭25‬:‭8‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:33 am

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?"
John‬ ‭11‬:‭25‬-26
Tench Coxe

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by nemo » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:32 am

“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Luke 16:31
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by nemo » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:18 pm

Luke 24:6-7 KJV

He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee, saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. And they remembered his words,

-Life

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:04 am

But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.
Isaiah‬ ‭53‬:‭5‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:20 pm

For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God.
1 Peter‬ ‭2‬:‭15‬-16
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:02 am

Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all.
‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭29‬:‭11‬
Tench Coxe

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Jesus wept

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:31 am

Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God," for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.
James‬ ‭1‬:‭13‬-14
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Verse of the Day

Post by PDM » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:26 am

But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.
Jude‬ ‭1‬:‭20‬-21
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Verse of the Day

Post by PDM » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:12 am

By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
1 John‬ ‭3‬:‭16‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:24 am

I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
Psalms‬ ‭119‬:‭11‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:21 am

The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecclesiastes‬ ‭12‬:‭13‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:27 am

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
John‬ ‭1‬:‭5‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:08 am

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭8‬
Tench Coxe

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by nemo » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:31 pm

Faith is not about everything turning out okay, faith is about being okay no matter how things turn out. ~Author Unknown

Nobody deserves to be helped who don't try to help himself, and "faith without works" is a risky doctrine. ~Mark Twain

For the LORD of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?

Isaiah 14:27

-Life

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon May 01, 2017 7:13 am

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.
Psalms‬ ‭42‬:‭11‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed May 03, 2017 5:21 am

Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.
Proverbs‬ ‭13‬:‭20‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu May 04, 2017 5:41 am

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5‬:‭16‬-18
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri May 05, 2017 7:31 am

As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.
Ecclesiastes‬ ‭11‬:‭5‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat May 06, 2017 7:36 am

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
James‬ ‭1‬:‭2‬-3
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed May 10, 2017 5:51 am

Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.
2 Corinthians‬ ‭7‬:‭1‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Verse of the Day

Post by PDM » Thu May 11, 2017 5:49 am

Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
Proverbs‬ ‭27‬:‭17‬
Tench Coxe

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”