Verse of the Day

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: Verse of the Day

Post by PDM » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:53 am

But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful.
Luke‬ ‭6‬:‭35‬-36
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:37 am

By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
1 John‬ ‭4‬:‭13‬-15
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:19 am

But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints. Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.
Ephesians‬ ‭5‬:‭3‬-4
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:12 am

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭16‬-17
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:41 am

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
1 John‬ ‭2‬:‭1‬-2
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:56 am

For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.
John‬ ‭3‬:‭20‬-21
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:57 am

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?"
Hebrews‬ ‭13‬:‭5‬-6
Tench Coxe

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by nemo » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:34 am

That verse has been pinned above my desk at home for years.
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Marcus » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:48 am

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Matthew 6:19-21
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:00 am

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.
‭1 John‬ ‭2‬:‭15‬-16
Tench Coxe

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Marcus » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:11 am

(A Psalm of David.) Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Psalms 37:1-4
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:42 am

But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you. For you bless the righteous, O Lord; you cover him with favor as with a shield.
Psalms‬ ‭5‬:‭11‬-12
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:43 am

for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
‭2 Timothy‬ ‭1‬:‭7‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:22 am

I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.
Jeremiah‬ ‭17‬:‭10‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:25 am

For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.
Matthew‬ ‭18‬:‭20‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:12 am

For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.
2 Corinthians‬ ‭5‬:‭14‬-15
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:09 am

Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.
Proverbs‬ ‭16‬:‭3‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:46 am

Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart,
Psalms‬ ‭119‬:‭2‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:26 am

Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil.
‭Ephesians‬ ‭4‬:‭26‬-27
Tench Coxe

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:11 am

Man that's a tuff one to follow! Great verse, but not an easy one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:41 am

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1 John‬ ‭4‬:‭1‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:59 am

Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the heart.
Proverbs‬ ‭21‬:‭2‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:34 am

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Galatians‬ ‭6‬:‭2‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:53 am

The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.
Proverbs‬ ‭18‬:‭10
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:48 am

Better is a little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble with it.
Proverbs‬ ‭15‬:‭16‬
Tench Coxe

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”