Verse of the Day

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: Verse of the Day

Post by PDM » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:34 am

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psalms‬ ‭23‬:‭1‬-3
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Verse of the Day

Post by PDM » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:35 am

I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Psalms‬ ‭91‬:‭2‬
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:53 am

The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
Zephaniah‬ ‭3‬:‭17‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:13 am

Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future. Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.
Proverbs‬ ‭19‬:‭20‬-21
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:29 am

Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,
Colossians‬ ‭3‬:‭12‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:53 am

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well
Psalms‬ ‭139‬:‭13‬-14
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:28 am

Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
1 Corinthians‬ ‭15‬:‭58‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:49 am

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
1 Corinthians‬ ‭13‬:‭4‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:24 pm

Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!
Psalms‬ ‭27‬:‭14‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:17 am

I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.
1 Corinthians‬ ‭1‬:‭10‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:02 am

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
Romans‬ ‭12‬:‭12‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:44 am

Jesus answered him, "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
John‬ ‭14‬:‭23‬
Tench Coxe

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by nemo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Not a bible verse, but a sign my uncle painted on tin in 1939. It now is on displayed in the New Orleans Heritage Museum.

"To do for others as your own"
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:16 pm

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
Matthew‬ ‭24‬:‭35‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:20 pm

nemo wrote:Not a bible verse, but a sign my uncle painted on tin in 1939. It now is on displayed in the New Orleans Heritage Museum.

"To do for others as your own"
Solid

"Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22:36-40‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:32 am

I will praise you with an upright heart, when I learn your righteous rules.
Psalms‬ ‭119‬:‭7‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:35 am

May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.
2 Thessalonians‬ ‭3‬:‭5‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:25 am

The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.
Proverbs‬ ‭15‬:‭29‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:03 am

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!
Psalms‬ ‭34‬:‭8‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:01 am

I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.
Psalms‬ ‭16‬:‭8‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:08 am

Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
‭1 John‬ ‭4‬:‭15‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:11 am

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.
Ephesians‬ ‭6‬:‭10‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:37 am

For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.
James‬ ‭3‬:‭16‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:54 am

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms‬ ‭73‬:‭26‬
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:28 am

Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'
John‬ ‭7‬:‭38‬
Tench Coxe

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”