Suprise!!!!!!

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Suprise!!!!!!

Post by Rem700 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:44 am

JCPS wants another tax hike.........

http://www.wdrb.com/story/26284758/jcps ... y-tax-hike

I mean they are doing such a great job with the funds they already have.....why not give them more? :llama:

They must have a set of balls the size of the moon to ask for another tax hike after the audit came out just a few months back showing massive budget issues and mismanaged funds etc. This shit is beyond ridiculous.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Suprise!!!!!!

Post by Rem700 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:46 am

They are proposing up to a 2.8% property tax increase.....which means they will come in around 1.8% and claim we all won because it could have been 2.8%

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:48 am

How about some pay cuts?

JCPS salaries - Who makes the most money?
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/ed ... k/9429717/
There are 370 JCPS employees who make more than $100,000.

Here is the Top 25:

1. Donna Hargens, superintendent, $276,000

2. Rosemary Miller, general counsel, $175,000

3. Bob Rodosky, director of planning & accountability, $170,000

4. Cordelia Hardin, chief financial officer, $170,000

5. Dewey Hensley, chief academic officer, $163,000

6. Mike Raisor, chief operations officer, $160,000

7. Brian Shumate, assistant superintendent of academics, $160,000

8. Lynne Wheat, assistant superintendent of academics, $156,000

9. Paige Hartstern, assistant superintendent of academics, 156,000

10. Amy Dennes, assistant superintendent of academics, $155,000

11. Carol Montgomery, assistant superintendent of academic support, $154,000

12. Dan Withers, principal of Central High School, $149,000

13. James Jury, principal of Ballard High School, $149,000

14. Kirk Lattimore, assistant superintendent of academics, 149,000

15. Stephanie Malone, assistant general counselor, $148, 600

16. Karen Branham, assistant superintendent of curriculum and instruction, $147,000

17. Jerry Keepers, principal of Jefferson County High School, $145,000

18. John Callopy, director of financial planning, $145,000

19. Timothy Healy, principal of The Brown School, $145,000

20. Edward Muns, director of accounting, $145,000

21. Michael Mulheirn, director of facilities, $145,000

22. David Johnson, (former) principal of Pleasure Ridge Park High School, $145,000

23. Paul Lanata, director of library media services, $144,000

24. Gerald Mayes, principal of duPont Manual High School, $143,000

25. Bryce Hibbard, principal of Southern High School, $143,000
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:10 am

didn't we just do this? This is so stupid, look at the private schools, their staff does a better job and makes less.
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:16 am

RecoilSensitive wrote:didn't we just do this? This is so stupid, look at the private schools, their staff does a better job and makes less.
Yep, the article says this will be the seventh straight tax hike
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Robert Paulson
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Robert Paulson » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:19 am

Get fucked.

Paulson 2016

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:52 am

Didn't our forefathers revolt over this kind of thing...

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:45 am

In the article it gives the date and time of the meeting to get the public's opinion on the possible tax hike......maybe we should attend.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:13 am

Rem700 wrote:In the article it gives the date and time of the meeting to get the public's opinion on the possible tax hike......maybe we should attend.

yes we should. Otherwise they will vote based on their opinions, not ours.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:01 pm

ChopperDoc wrote:
Rem700 wrote:In the article it gives the date and time of the meeting to get the public's opinion on the possible tax hike......maybe we should attend.

I think they will still vote based on their opinions and not ours, but at least we would put in the effort.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:37 pm

ChopperDoc wrote:

This:

So many people would rather shake their fist from afar then drive 1/2 hour to have their voices heard.
If there was a line of at least 50 people waiting to tell them to "Go **** Themselves with a rusty pitchfork" , then they may think otherwise.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:39 pm

The Jefferson County Board of Education will hold a hearing at 6:45 p.m. on Aug. 25 to hear public comments about all three options. The meeting will be at the Van Hoose Education Center, 3332 Newburg Road.

I will make every effort possible to be there.

Pitbullcrazyinky
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Pitbullcrazyinky » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:46 pm

More than a few jeff county schools are giving ALL students free lunch and breakfast

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:08 pm

Pitbullcrazyinky wrote:More than a few jeff county schools are giving ALL students free lunch and breakfast
Add to the mix of illegal children who crossed the border recently winding up here in our school system for their "Free Education".
Have not heard the total numbers, but having a family member who works for JCPS, this is really happening.

Dashammer

Post by Dashammer » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:32 am

Couple of real quick question, why do you need 5 assistance superintendents of academics and I would think each of them has a couple of assistance to the assistance and so on and so forth, next question why are illegal aliens children even allowed in public school.

z1166

Post by z1166 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:28 pm

It seems the board has a terrible track record for fiscal responsibility. The few elected JCPS board members need to hear from their constituents now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Jakob
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Jakob » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Put into my calendar, plan on making it.
Livewire wrote:I remember when this was a free country and not a fascist one filled with limp wristed, tender hearted, liver lipped bunch of whiny ass cry babies.

jmeister
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by jmeister » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Pitbullcrazyinky wrote:More than a few jeff county schools are giving ALL students free lunch and breakfast
Fayette Co just implemented that program this year

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Toddstang wrote:
ChopperDoc wrote:

This:

So many people would rather shake their fist from afar then drive 1/2 hour to have their voices heard.
If there was a line of at least 50 people waiting to tell them to "Go **** Themselves with a rusty pitchfork" , then they may think otherwise.

remember this last year?
There was a 2 1/2 hour, non-stop procession up to the microphone at the hearing, (which was at-capacity and standing room only) with citizens scolding JCPS and expressing how in NO WAY did anyone support a tax increase. Over and over, person after person telling them NO.
What happens?

They vote on it.
They pass it.

Just like congress- they come up with it, they vote on it themselves. No outside interference.

I'm seriously going to look into running for the next board position...

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:58 pm

JCPS: Superintendent to recommend no tax rate increase
http://www.wave3.com/story/26331627/jcp ... e-increase

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:55 am

Good. I was writing up a list of things to say at the meeting. Everything from the amount of $ spent on fuel and maintenance per day to how much more $ is spent on Spanish speaking only students vs. English students.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:58 am

Toddstang wrote:Good. I was writing up a list of things to say at the meeting. Everything from the amount of $ spent on fuel and maintenance per day to how much more $ is spent on Spanish speaking only students vs. English students.
I would still go and ask them to justify the above pay list.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:41 am

Yea just cause she recommends that they don't....doesn't mean that they wont. Could be her trying to play the "im on the citizens side" card while she collects her meager $276k salary from our pockets.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:03 pm

SeymourSkinner wrote:
Rem700 wrote:Yea just cause she recommends that they don't....doesn't mean that they wont. Could be her trying to play the "im on the citizens side" card while she collects her meager $276k salary from our pockets.
What would you pay her to oversee a 110000 plus employee organization where every asshole who has ever paid a tax is a critic?

Tell me what a fair wage for that is.
Base it on something that can be tracked so she has accountability. (balanced budget, fiscal responsibility, academic scores) Has to be something tangible. I know i gripe a lot about this stuff but until we hold people accountable we are screwed and IMO we start at the top. As long as we have teachers paying for school supplies out of pocket while JCPS consistently wastes money on everything from busing to inflated salaries and over staffing of non teaching positions, people who pay for it (tax payers) will be bitching.

Just as a side note IMO no person being paid via tax dollars should be allowed to make more than 3x the median income considering most of that tax money is from people making close to the median income (aka the middle class). Take away the incentive to be a gov employee and the private sector will boom IMO.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:10 pm

SeymourSkinner wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
SeymourSkinner wrote:
Rem700 wrote:Yea just cause she recommends that they don't....doesn't mean that they wont. Could be her trying to play the "im on the citizens side" card while she collects her meager $276k salary from our pockets.
What would you pay her to oversee a 110000 plus employee organization where every asshole who has ever paid a tax is a critic?

Tell me what a fair wage for that is.
Base it on something that can be tracked so she has accountability. (balanced budget, fiscal responsibility, academic scores) Has to be something tangible. I know i gripe a lot about this stuff but until we hold people accountable we are screwed and IMO we start at the top. As long as we have teachers paying for school supplies out of pocket while JCPS consistently wastes money on everything from busing to inflated salaries and over staffing of non teaching positions, people who pay for it (tax payers) will be bitching.

Just as a side note IMO no person being paid via tax dollars should be allowed to make more than 3x the median income considering most of that tax money is from people making close to the median income (aka the middle class). Take away the incentive to be a gov employee and the private sector will boom IMO.

Why 3x? Why not 2x. Or 4x?
Just an arbitrary number that sounded good.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”