St. Louis police officer kills unarmed teen

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

St. Louis police officer kills unarmed teen

Post by ProCroation » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:27 pm

I've been watching this story, slightly intrigued to know the back story. Appears that the unarmed teen and an accomplice, physically forced a police officer back into his cruiser...and got shot, just like I would EXPECT would happen to you or me...and his parents want the cop charged with murder and given the death penalty.

What a model citizen. High school graduate, going to college...blah blah blah.

To the parents; If your son was on the straight path, why didn't he know to keep his hands off a police officer? Why would he ignore all intelligent logic and try to force ANYONE...cop or not...back into their car. Knowing that this was an armed officer though, (after-all he's a cop with a side-arm exposed for the world to see it) only makes your son look ignorant on a whole different level. Sheesh.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/08/10/p ... d%3D513394
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: St. Louis police officer kills unarmed teen

Post by ProCroation » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:42 pm

White cop, black cop
white attacker, black attacker

Name any combination of the above...try to force your way into someone's car, or in this case a police car and bet on eating lead. Expect to, even. You may as well be verbally requesting to be shot, while you do it.

Trust me, my lead wouldn't discriminate. Threats don't have a color. They are an action, requiring a reaction. Expect the reaction to be deadly. It's simple.

Stupid games, stupid prizes.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:02 am

And of course they bring up Trayvon Martin, the poster boy for thug community hero.
There is a disconnect in their minds between action and reaction.
But as always there may be more to it.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Nolan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:24 am

Looting that happened will help the situation--stealing always makes things better
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:25 am

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

Robert Paulson
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Robert Paulson » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:11 am

Cue the 6 grade photo.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:15 am

"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:26 am

Many racists in this world. The difference is some groups are bashed for it and others applaud each other as they do it and see nothing wrong when they do it. Society lets it go by uncorrected so we are to blame as a whole.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:28 am

White on black shooting, the perfect excuse to loot a big screen and some Nikes at the neighborhood store.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:29 am

ChopperDoc wrote:"Loot the white neighborhoods"

http://twitchy.com/2014/08/11/loot-and- ... hborhoods/

Some folks defending their property

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08 ... eir-store/
They are looting for the kids, not because they want to...Geeze! haha

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:29 am

I am seeing some stuff posted that state the 'good kid' was attempting to take the gun from the cop. I have not found a link to a news story confirming this yet.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Harb

Post by Harb » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:48 am

Look at how quickly things deteriorated. One incident. One thing that happened to one person out of millions, and this is what resulted. On the flip side, look at how many of the comments support the business owners! That's encouraging at least.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:55 am

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/natio ... /13884369/

Belmar said the incident started when Brown physically assaulted the police officer, pushing him into the officer's vehicle. He said there was a struggle inside the car, and at some point Brown reached for the officer's weapon. One shot was fired inside the vehicle.

perhaps I am just jaded, but IMNSHO I think that "good kids who don't hurt nobody" do not assault police officers and attempt to disarm them.
Last edited by ChopperDoc on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:58 am

Because the best way to protest that someone was innocent is by being a bunch of criminals.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:06 pm

That link to Twitchy is most disturbing. Those same people would call me racist if I tweeted:

"If you're going to rob and loot, make sure it's in the black neighborhoods, not your own"...

They would be correct for calling me racist. So what do they think they are? "Not" racist?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:10 pm

ProCroation wrote:

That link to Twitchy is most disturbing. Those same people would call me racist if I tweeted:

"If you're going to rob and loot, make sure it's in the black neighborhoods, not your own"...

They would be correct for calling me racist. So what do they think they are? "Not" racist?
Nothing worth looting in their neighborhood, stores worth looting either moved out or decided to never build there in the first place precisely because of this kind of behavior. The looting is not in protest to this incident anyway the incident is just a convenient excuse/cover.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:13 pm

WLJ wrote:
ProCroation wrote:

Nothing worth looting in their neighborhood, stores worth looting either moved out or decided to never build there in the first place precisely because of this kind of behavior.
I wonder...if during their looting and general chaos, if a store owner shot and killed one or many people...would they cry racist store owner as well?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:14 pm

ProCroation wrote:
WLJ wrote:
ProCroation wrote:

Nothing worth looting in their neighborhood, stores worth looting either moved out or decided to never build there in the first place precisely because of this kind of behavior.
I wonder...if during their looting and general chaos, if a store owner shot and killed one or many people...would they cry racist store owner as well?
Of course, they have in the past why not now?

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:16 pm

WLJ wrote:
ProCroation wrote:
WLJ wrote:
ProCroation wrote:

I'm not familiar with that instance...

However, I have concluded my research now. I am by default, racist.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:17 pm

ProCroation wrote:
WLJ wrote:
ProCroation wrote:
WLJ wrote:
ProCroation wrote:

Just look up any of the LA riots or what happened in NO after Katrina

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:19 pm

Many of the rioters in LA had no idea who Rodney King was anyway.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:21 pm

WLJ wrote:
ProCroation wrote:
WLJ wrote:
ProCroation wrote:
WLJ wrote:
ProCroation wrote:

Just look up any of the LA riots or what happened in NO after Katrina
I see...L.A. riots were a bit before I had any interest or care in world/national/domestic affairs.

Katrina...the only thing I remember was that looting/rioting happened and Kanye said Bush didn't care about black people. Otherwise I'm a bit hazy on the details. I get it though.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:23 pm

WLJ wrote:Many of the rioters in LA had no idea who Rodney King was anyway.
Ahhhh...I remember the Rodney King thing slightly. Now the LA riots come back to me a bit. I was young and my parents watching that on the news couldn't hold my interest much though. I was outside in the mud.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:26 pm

ProCroation wrote:
WLJ wrote:Many of the rioters in LA had no idea who Rodney King was anyway.
Ahhhh...I remember the Rodney King thing slightly. Now the LA riots come back to me a bit. I was young and my parents watching that on the news couldn't hold my interest much though. I was outside in the mud.
A lot of people feel (me included) that OJ got off because they feared a repeat.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:58 pm

ssracer wrote:Because the best way to protest that someone was innocent is by being a bunch of criminals.
jackpot

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”