Life Among Cannibals

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Life Among Cannibals

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:50 pm

“I was walking undressed to the last [massage] table. Another senator, also naked, walked briskly, perhaps at a slight run, and slipped ahead of me. That was something senators just don’t do,”
Arlen Specter, from his new book Life Among Cannibals

Life for a Senator is pretty got-Damned tough. I can see why they need to vote raises for themselves so often. Why the hell don't these guys just wear sandals, togas and leafy crowns? Might as well be Rome.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Life Among Cannibals

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:54 pm

“For years when [people] groused about Senate perks, I’d reply, ‘You wouldn’t say that if you had to see Ted Kennedy naked in the gym.’ ”
“It was in the whirlpool . . . in 2008 . . . when Ted Kennedy came over and climbed into the bath. Kennedy was one of the Senate’s giants, in many ways. It was as though a giant walrus had plunged into the sea, causing the level to swell.”
“John Thune, who looked like a movie star in or out of clothes, was constantly stretching. His lanky body seemed to have some kinks to iron out.”

Arlen Specter
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Livewire
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Livewire » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:51 pm

Our tax money being spent so wisely. Glad we can make sure they live the posh life.

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Ian » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:29 pm

Such an amazing description I am so happy I pay taxes now
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:09 pm

what kills me is their LIFETIME 100% pension and 100% health care on our dime -even if they only serve one term...

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”