Indiana GOV signs bill allowing citizens to use deadly force

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Indiana GOV signs bill allowing citizens to use deadly force

Post by ChopperDoc » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:59 pm

agaisnt police.

This is a directed response to the Indiana Supreme Court decision last year that basically nullified your 4th Amendment Rights under the Constitution, subjecting you to illegal search and seizure at the whim of the on site officer. Their opinion was that an individual citizen has no right to deny entry to a home even if no warrant is produced and that the on site officer has the authority to decide if a dynamic entry is necessary without first getting a warrant.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/23 ... -into-law/
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Indiana GOV signs bill allowing citizens to use deadly f

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:32 am

Of course this liberal reaction in the article I posted has to mention that horrible Stand Your Ground law in Florida that allowed the killing of the Martin kid.

But the law is signed, overruling the terrible Sup. Ct. of Indiana decision that a law abiding citizen has no right to resist an unlawful search of their home by any police officer.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Nolan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:43 am

I LIVE IN NORTHERN INDIANA--IT SUCKS--GO CATS!!!
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:53 am

I would have used it anyway if i lived there, regardless of this law.....you come in unannounced at 3 am for what ever reason and it doesnt matter who you are.........BOOM headshot!

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:31 am

Headshot?? Oh jeez...
:llama:

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:09 am

Mike wrote:Headshot?? Oh jeez...
:D

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:28 am

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:45 am

Wasn't the indiana gov gonna run for president?

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:42 pm

The only "problem" with this is that most of your drug dealers having search warrants executed on their houses "think" they are innocent and "think" the cops have the wrong house anyways.

Gives them a legal justification to use deadly force on our cops doing no knock search warrants. Sure, some people are against them and don't agree with them, but this law isn't going to "benefit" the legal citizens, it's just going to get more good cops killed only to have a thug try to justify shooting them.

I know many will not agree with me on this stance but oh well. It will happen. An officer will get killed and the "justification" will be that the person thought the cops were at the wrong house(because how often do the arrested ones from a search warrant come out saying "you got me!")?
:llama:

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:59 am

I think the no knocks are out of control. Just put surveilance on the house and wait. They gotta come out sometime. Only time I see the no knock as an option is if the suspect could be destroying evidence. And even then it better not be some evidence that proves drug dealing or something petty. It should be to protect evidence that would prove a rape or murder.
If officer safety is an issue then call the swat team. If the swat team can't safely knock and announce then you need to wait for the guy to expose himself outside the home.
Seems like from watching shows like miami dade swat they do no knocks because of officer safety issues a majority of the time.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:01 am

Mike wrote:The only "problem" with this is that most of your drug dealers having search warrants executed on their houses "think" they are innocent and "think" the cops have the wrong house anyways.

Gives them a legal justification to use deadly force on our cops doing no knock search warrants. Sure, some people are against them and don't agree with them, but this law isn't going to "benefit" the legal citizens, it's just going to get more good cops killed only to have a thug try to justify shooting them.

I know many will not agree with me on this stance but oh well. It will happen. An officer will get killed and the "justification" will be that the person thought the cops were at the wrong house(because how often do the arrested ones from a search warrant come out saying "you got me!")?

Mike, I don't think this is going be a justification (legally) for the kind of behavior you listed. Will some drug dealers try it: Sure. Will more cops be killed because of it? I don't think so.

What it does do is take away the absolute authority given to an individual officer (whether he uses it / abuses it would be another matter) that was given by that supreme court of Indiana decision. that decision basically removed your rights under the 4th amendment. if you came to my house because you wanted to, not because of any probable cause, you could knock on my door and tell me you were coming in. I could do nothing to stop you under the law, not even requesting you come back with a search warrant. if I felt that it was wrong I would have to take it up with the courts AFTER you got what you came for. I would have to spend my $$$ on a lawyer trying to redress the situation.

If the decision must be between giving up my liberty for the possibility of a little more security, I will choose liberty. If the choice must be between me giving up my liberty so the police can catch a few more criminals or me keeping my liberty and a few more criminals going free, then I choose liberty.

Brother of Liberty

Post by Brother of Liberty » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:58 pm

I agree with justang save the raids for actual violent criminals.

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:02 pm

I dont believe in No Knock warrants, and I dont believe police "need" to use them, especially with the number of screw ups they have of hitting the wrong houses.
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”