I suppose it is official now...

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:03 am

We have all kinda seen it coming with ammo prices and talking to our favorite shops and hearing how things are getting tough to find through their network of distributors.

Found this tonight:

http://www.ruger.com/corporate/news/2012-03-21.html
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. Reports Strong First Quarter Bookings
March 21, 2012

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR), announced today that for the first quarter 2012, the Company has received orders for more than one million units. Therefore, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.

Chief Executive Officer Michael O. Fifer made the following comments:

The Company's Retailer Programs that were offered from January 1, 2012 through February 29, 2012 were very successful and generated significant orders from retailers to independent wholesale distributors for Ruger firearms.
Year-to-date, the independent wholesale distributors placed orders with the Company for more than one million Ruger firearms.
Despite the Company's continuing successful efforts to increase production rates, the incoming order rate exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders. Consequently, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.The Company expects to resume the normal acceptance of orders by the end of May 2012.

The Company will announce its results and file its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the first quarter of 2012 on Tuesday, May 1, 2012, after the close of the stock market.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by justang1997 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:11 am

12 years ago the only thing better than gold to invest in would have been Ruger.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”