Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Post by WLJ » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:50 pm

I don't think her current disguise is working

Mugshot of Ohio woman with unique face tattoos goes viral after Walmart shoplifting arrest
https://www.foxnews.com/us/mugshot-of-o ... ing-arrest
d1c72bce-624f-443e-8659-61b9f8c0be45-ZEBRASKY.jpg
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Toddstang » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:40 pm

People like her give those that have face tats a bad name.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:19 am

They're just too smart for us :roll:
Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI) said in an interview Tuesday evening that Democrats need to work on connecting with people and have difficulty in this area because they’re so smart and just “know so much” that it’s hard for them to connect.

"I wish I had the answer to that because one of the things that we, Democrats, have a really hard time is connecting to people’s hearts instead of [their heads]," she said initially.

"We have a really hard time doing that and one of the reasons that that it was told to me at one of our retreats was that we Democrats know so much,” she explained.

“That is true,” Hirono emphasized, “and we kind of have to tell everybody how smart we are and so we have a tendency to be very left brain."
Dem Sen. Hirono: Democrats 'Know So Much' That They Have Difficulty Connecting to Voters
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laurettab ... e-n2537021
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:10 pm

WLJ wrote:They're just too smart for us :roll:
Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI) said in an interview Tuesday evening that Democrats need to work on connecting with people and have difficulty in this area because they’re so smart and just “know so much” that it’s hard for them to connect.

"I wish I had the answer to that because one of the things that we, Democrats, have a really hard time is connecting to people’s hearts instead of [their heads]," she said initially.

"We have a really hard time doing that and one of the reasons that that it was told to me at one of our retreats was that we Democrats know so much,” she explained.

“That is true,” Hirono emphasized, “and we kind of have to tell everybody how smart we are and so we have a tendency to be very left brain."
Dem Sen. Hirono: Democrats 'Know So Much' That They Have Difficulty Connecting to Voters
Way to alienate your constituents, dumbass.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:05 pm

rustynuts wrote:
WLJ wrote:They're just too smart for us :roll:

Way to alienate your constituents, dumbass.
They are too dumb to understand they are being alienated...duh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:13 pm

Children as young as six should be able to vote in general elections to tackle age bias in society, Cambridge University's head of politics has said.

Professor David Runciman said the British voting system was weighted against the young because older people yield far more votes, a problem made worse by an ageing population.

Discussing the issue on his podcast, Talking Politics, he claimed lowering the voting age to 16 was not radical enough.

'I would lower the voting age to six, not 16, and I'm serious about that,' he said. 'I would want people who vote to be able to read, so I would exclude reception.
Give children as young as SIX the vote to tackle age bias in society, says Cambridge University's head of politics
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... essor.html

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:20 pm

Uhm.....

See Spot run. See Spot hump Jane's leg.

That's about all the reading a six year old does.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:17 pm

Well I'm certainly triggered :llama:
A U.K.-based clothing retailer has yanked one of its pajama sets from sale after complaints of the shirt’s message containing a message that some feel to be insensitive.

Boohoo.com was offering a Christmas-themed pajama set with the words “Obsessive Christmas Disorder” printed across the top, complete with the O, C and D highlighted in different lettering.
Catherine Benfield @TamingOlivia
Replying to @Jonny09264865 and 2 others

These products:
- Cause misconception
- Delay diagnosis and treatment
- Stop family/ friends/ support networks taking the condition seriously
- lead to incorrect judgement calls by medical clinicians
- make people who are tortured by the condition feel laughed at
4:52 PM - Dec 1, 2018

Ellie @elliebwick

Wtf is this @boohoo ??? OCD is already a widely misunderstood mental health issue and you're adding to the stigma and trivialising it by making it into a "quirky" set of christmas pyjamas??? Care to explain cos I'm really really not understanding what's funny about this
12:38 PM - Dec 6, 2018
I'm trying hard not to laugh and I'm OCD to a certain extent

Online retailer removes 'Obsessive Christmas Disorder' pajamas following criticism for 'trivializing' OCD
https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/onlin ... lizing-ocd

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:23 pm

Note Squire Sebastian Senator is only his first name. Makes me wonder what the rest of his name is.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:57 pm

Not so Stupid

Man spends $4,000 on giant statue to give town the middle finger. It’s art, officials say
Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation ... rylink=cpy
5c0e4c6cc8007f07de8f6a60.jpg
5c0e4c6cc8007f07de8f6a60.jpg (9.93 KiB) Viewed 1063 times

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Stupid
Because climate change caused by excess carbon emissions is killing the planet and all, billionaire businessman, philanthropist and possible 2020 presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg helped finance this public art project that flew in giant hunks of ice from Greenland to London so people can watch them melt:
Since the historic low temperature in London is about 37°F in December, there’s a pretty good chance that the ice will melt:
How much carbon was released by flying the ice to London?
This is the kind of shit that happens when someone has more money than brains

Mike Bloomberg literally flew in ice from Greenland for an art project about global warming caused by excess carbon emissions
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/12/ ... emissions/

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:31 pm

WLJ wrote:Stupid
Because climate change caused by excess carbon emissions is killing the planet and all, billionaire businessman, philanthropist and possible 2020 presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg helped finance this public art project that flew in giant hunks of ice from Greenland to London so people can watch them melt:
Since the historic low temperature in London is about 37°F in December, there’s a pretty good chance that the ice will melt:
How much carbon was released by flying the ice to London?
This is the kind of shit that happens when someone has more money than brains

Mike Bloomberg literally flew in ice from Greenland for an art project about global warming caused by excess carbon emissions
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/12/ ... emissions/

Expected and I want to laugh but I can't because they won't understand why I am laughing at them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:20 am

How to screw your kids up
TicToc by Bloomberg

@tictoc

Not every parent wants to assign a gender to their child after birth.

These partners will let their 2-year-old, Zo, choose for themself
‘Oh look, we’re SO trendy!’ Video of couple allowing 2-year-old to choose ‘their’ gender inspires MEME-RIFIC thread
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/12/1 ... ic-thread/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:23 am

Oh boy

College's Women's And Gender Studies Department: It's Time to Abolish ICE And The Police
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbauma ... e-n2537362
1. We Call for the Right to Self-Determination and Control of Our Destinies
We as trans youth have the right to control our narratives, spaces, and all aspects of our lives. Resources to achieve this trans empowerment must be made more readily accessible and available.

2. We Call for the Abolition of the Police, ICE, Borders and the Judicial System
We demand abolition! Abolition of the police, abolition of borders and ICE, abolition of the current punishment-based justice system. We demand for our communities to be empowered to take care of themselves, for no borders, for rehabilitation and healing justice. Abolition is a process that we are committed to fight for.

3. We Call for an End to Disposability Politics and a Commitment to Transformative Justice
We believe in establishing a culture of accountability that is transformative in nature and creates opportunity for growth. We must take responsibility and hold space for the collective wellbeing and unity of our people.

4. We Call for an End of the Cisgender Heterosexual Patriarchy
We recognize that the current state of the world centralizes the stories of white cisgender heterosexual men. We call for the end of a social structure that separates or determines the value of people on gender expectations from historical Europe. We demand that queer and/or TGNC people no longer be oppressed by these frameworks, institutions, and their enablers.

5. We call for Decolonization and Reparations for all Indigenous and Black Peoples
We call for the payment of reparations that are owed and the reclamation of cultural practices by the communities from which they originated. We call for the active and complacent perpetrators of cultural appropriation and colonization to be held accountable and to recognize the privilege they maintain through the oppression of others.

6. We Call for Comprehensive Education that Reflects our Histories and Needs
We call for the use of informed educational practices that provide access to curriculum to help build opportunities for historically erased peoples. We call for free and non-compulsory education for all ages and for all access levels.

7. We Call for an End to Global White Supremacy
We call for the end of this racist system that profits off of the devaluing of Black people, Indigenous people and all other people of color. We believe in exposing the history of global white supremacy and it’s discriminatory practices.

8. We Call for Land Justice and Environmental Justice
We call for the recognition and Indigenous reclamation of stolen lands. We call for conscious creation through choosing to stay local and sustainable, remembering that our actions last for generations.

9. We Invite our Comrades, Accomplices and Allies to Join Us
We invite our comrades in struggle who align with our principles, including those who have yet to self-determine their relationship to the struggle, to join us in solidarity, coalition, and liberation -- remembering the revolution is a relationship.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:31 am

If you think the mere fact they want to start taxing texts is bad, check out the underlined.
The proposal by a California commission to impose a "texting tax" raised more questions Wednesday than answers. Here's what we know so far:
Who is behind this?

The proposal was filed by California's Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), a group that regulates public utilities operating in the state. In addition to communications services, such as cell phone carriers, the group is also responsible for regulating energy, water and transportation over rail systems, and passenger cars.
Why are they doing this?

The proposal hopes to use the tax to help fund access to telecommunications services for lower-income California residents, making up for lost revenue the state used to receive from a tax on voice calls.

As mobile phone users shifted from making phone calls to using messaging services to communicate, voice call revenue for these state programs has dropped by roughly a third, from $16.5 billion in 2011 to $11.3 billion in 2017, according to filings from the commission.
Wait, they want to tax me for something from five years ago?

Yes, under the current filing the tax would be retroactive to five years ago though exact details on what would be charged and how are unclear.
California texting tax: What we know about the proposal
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/201 ... 293656002/

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:25 pm

WLJ wrote:If you think the mere fact they want to start taxing texts is bad, check out the underlined.
The proposal by a California commission to impose a "texting tax" raised more questions Wednesday than answers. Here's what we know so far:
Who is behind this?

The proposal was filed by California's Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), a group that regulates public utilities operating in the state. In addition to communications services, such as cell phone carriers, the group is also responsible for regulating energy, water and transportation over rail systems, and passenger cars.
Why are they doing this?

The proposal hopes to use the tax to help fund access to telecommunications services for lower-income California residents, making up for lost revenue the state used to receive from a tax on voice calls.

As mobile phone users shifted from making phone calls to using messaging services to communicate, voice call revenue for these state programs has dropped by roughly a third, from $16.5 billion in 2011 to $11.3 billion in 2017, according to filings from the commission.
Wait, they want to tax me for something from five years ago?

Yes, under the current filing the tax would be retroactive to five years ago though exact details on what would be charged and how are unclear.
California texting tax: What we know about the proposal
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/201 ... 293656002/
The onion is more realistic than reality.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:26 am

What's next? Retroactive gas taxes?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:28 am

Jolly Old St. Nick
(CNN)Organizers of a Christmas event have apologized to outraged parents after a fire alarm reportedly prompted Santa Claus to burst out of his grotto, rip off his beard and scream at children to "get the f**k out."
Foul-mouthed Santa horrifies parents
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/uk/bad-s ... _term=link

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:31 am

Speaking of Santa
And here I am thinking Santa should be Klingon. Hmmm, wonder if anyone has actually done that?
The survey polled approximately 400 people from the United States and United Kingdom. Then, 4,000 people voted on the most popular version of the Santa they designed from the survey.

“Modern Santa” has tattoos, a stylishly-trimmed beard, skinny jeans, sneakers, and a hoverboard. He’s tech-savvy and looks like he could easily feature in GQ magazine.

A new survey found that over 27 percent of people asked would rebrand Santa Claus as a woman or gender-neutral.
27 Percent Of People Think Santa Should Be Female Or Gender Neutral, Survey Finds
https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/12 ... ral-santa/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:33 am

Just googled it, yep, there's a bunch of Klingon Santa stuff.
Someone may need to explain to Johnny what a Klingon is.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:35 am

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rem700 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:24 am

Dudes got a weird looking Vag on his forehead........

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:27 am

You tell him that

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rem700 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:39 am

His Chinese pot metal salad slicer doesn't scare me! :llama:

Ill get Han Solo to kick his ass anyway! (Nerd heads exploding!) :llama:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:50 am

Rem700 wrote:His Chinese pot metal salad slicer doesn't scare me! :llama:

Ill get Han Solo to kick his ass anyway! (Nerd heads exploding!) :llama:
Great! More to explain to Johnny :roll:

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”