Obama buys the Latino vote...

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:12 am

Or at least that's how I read it....
White House to halt deportation of young illegal immigrants
The Ticket - Fri, 15th Jun 2012 01:38 PM

The White House will halt the deportation of as many as 800,000 young illegal immigrants and in some cases give them work permits, in a sweeping new initiative announced by the Department of Homeland Security.

People under 30 who entered the country illegally or overstayed their visas when they were under the age of 16 will be immune from deportation if they have not committed a significant misdemeanor or felony and have graduated from a U.S. high school or joined the military. They can apply for a renewable two-year work permit that won't provide a path to citizenship but will allow them to work legally in the country.

"Our nation's immigration laws must be enforced in a firm and sensible manner," Secretary Janet Napolitano said in a statement. "But they are not designed to be blindly enforced without consideration given to the individual circumstances of each case. Nor are they designed to remove productive young people to countries where they may not have lived or even speak the language. Discretion, which is used in so many other areas, is especially justified here."

President Obama will address the change in a speech at 1:15 pm.

Young people who were brought into the country illegally or overstayed their visas as children are commonly referred to as "Dreamers," referencing the title of a decade-old bill that would have given them legal status if they joined the military or attended college. The Dream Act passed the House nearly two years ago, but was blocked by Republicans in the Senate. Opponents of the bill have argued that it would encourage more people to enter the country illegally, while supporters say it helps people who were brought up as Americans and whose lack of status is not their own fault become full members of society.

President Obama has faced criticism from the crucial Hispanic electorate for ramping up deportations under his tenure and for failing to deliver on his campaign promise to pass comprehensive immigration reform within his first year in office. Several times in the past year, Obama has told Hispanic audiences who asked him why he did not issue an executive order halting deportations of some classes of immigrants that such a move would be legally impossible. It's unclear what made him change his mind.

"We've been hearing all sorts of things from the White House, that it's not legally possible, that it's not politically possible," said Erika Andiola, a 25-year-old Arizona-based Dreamer and advocate who has met with administration officials on the subject. "I can't even believe it. We've been working for this for so long."

The move may generate enthusiasm among many Latinos: 85 percent of registered Latino voters said in a Latino Decisions poll that they support the Dream Act. The president enjoys a strong lead among Hispanic voters over Mitt Romney, but a lack of enthusiasm among these voters could mean they stay home on Election Day in swing states like Nevada, Colorado and Florida. During the primary, Mitt Romney said he would veto the Dream Act, but in recent weeks he has seen open to a proposal by Sen. Marco Rubio to grant Dreamers a worker permit but not a path to citizenship.

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Obama buys the Latino vote...

Post by Nolan » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:41 am

No hablo
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Haha and you thought trying to get a job was bad now... now you are competing against a young immigrant work force that will doing anything for minimum wage or less

Mandy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mandy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Next, he'll say he only drinks tequila! LOL

Mandy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mandy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Everything is just a joke at this point, no one knows what he actually stands for, he is the worst case scenario of "do anything for a vote". If it was popular among Americans to beat grandmothers, I bet he would say he's been a closet grandmother beater for a long time and now he wants to support all grandma beaters. Yes, I think he is THAT pathetic.

theduke282

Post by theduke282 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:46 pm

I think that describes all politicians Mandy. It doesn't matter the political affiliation they flip-flop to whatever viewpoint they think will help them win. It will only change when we hold all parties accountable and vote for people that stick to their opinions. I never expect to vote for someone I agree 100% of the time with. That is impossible, but I would appreciate someone that sticks to their points of view and presents evidence why when they change them.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Agreed...politicians = douche 99.9% of the time regardless of party affiliation

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Im voting for the lighter shade of pale version of this ass clown in November.

Shineybore
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Shineybore » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:42 pm

How come other countries don't have this policy?
Oh, I forgot. We would be imprisoned or killed. :(

theduke282

Post by theduke282 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:44 pm

I haven't decided what to do. I like and dislike things about both, and in the end it won't matter since Congress is absolute @#$^%

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:42 pm

theduke282 wrote: I never expect to vote for someone I agree 100% of the time with. That is impossible, but I would appreciate someone that sticks to their points of view and presents evidence why when they change them.
So you are a Ron Paul fan then?

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 336 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:45 am

He's in the White House illegally, why wouldn't he support illegal immigrants? 50% of his votes were bought and the other 50% were out of ignorance. Just about everything he has said has been BS. I'm registered republican but can't really support any group. They are both corrupt as all hell. It's all about them, neither of them are out to help this country. They are all about making themselves richer at the countries expense. I hate our political options! My vote will NEVER be for him though...

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:50 am

justang1997 wrote:So you are a Ron Paul fan then?
If there was any justice in the world Ron Paul would be our next president and possibly our saving grace... unfortunately we are destine to end up with Romney or Obama, either way we are fu@ked.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:01 am

If there is one thing we can all agree on about Ron Paul, its that you know what you are getting.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:50 pm

DDgunslinger wrote:
If there was any justice in the world Ron Paul would be our next president and possibly our saving grace... unfortunately we are destine to end up with Romney or Obama, either way we are fu@ked.
Destiny has nothing to do with it. We get the government we deserve.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Frailer wrote:
DDgunslinger wrote:
Destiny has nothing to do with it. We get the government we deserve.
We as a country, yeah. As individuals... Not so much.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Lawsuit inbound:

Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King said Friday that he plans to sue the Obama administration to halt implementation of its newly announced selective illegal immigration law enforcement policy. He told Mike Huckabee on the former Arkansas governor’s radio program Friday that he successfully sued his own state’s governor — and won — over a similar separation-of-powers issue.

“I will tell you that — I’m not without experience on this — I’m prepared to bring a suit and seek a court order to stop implementation of this policy,” King said

“I have done it once in the past successfully when then-Governor Tom Vilsack thought he could legislate by executive order — and the case of King vs. Vilsack is in the books. And that individual, by the way, is now the Secretary of Agriculture. I wonder if he’s not counseling the president on his legal proceedings.”

Huckabee followed up, asking King: “You plan to sue this administration for implementing something that you believe should have required legislative process and approval?”

“That is correct,” King replied

The Iowa Republican is vice-chairman of the House Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Immigration Policy and Enforcement.

On Friday morning, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano announced the Obama administration’s plan to selectively enforce illegal immigration law by refusing to deport illegal aliens brought to the U.S. as “young children” — effectively an administrative version of the DREAM Act.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/15/rep-s ... on-policy/
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”