Gun Control Watch

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Re: Gun Control Watch

Post by WLJ » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:19 pm

Massachusetts: Surrender Your Bump Stock/Trigger Crank By May 2 or Go to Prison
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/0 ... to-prison/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:23 pm

Good luck with that
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

mazroth
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by mazroth » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMw0g7m ... e=youtu.be

BATFE is seeking public comments on banning bump fire stocks and "rate increasing devices." We need to stand up now and stop this before it becomes de facto law.

To leave comment for atf: https://goo.gl/T8zU9S

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:46 am

After Marshall County shooting, Fischer wants state lawmakers to take gun safety seriously
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/n ... 068791001/
Among the proposals is one to promote responsible storage of firearms and use of gun locks by enhancing penalties if a child is harmed due to improper storage.
Democratic state Rep. Jim Wayne of Louisville has proposed a bill that would require gun owners to lock-up their firearms if someone under age 18 lives in their home
Other proposals that Fischer is getting behind, according to his office, would be to prohibit the purchase of firearms by individuals with a domestic violence order; require all gun transactions to utilize a licensed gun dealer; allow police to confiscate and destroy weapons that are used in criminal acts; and forbid weapons in city government buildings and property.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:33 pm

Never let a good tragedy go to waste

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:43 pm

Yeah, lets not do anything about the thugs going around committing 99% of the crimes lets enact a bunch of feel good laws that do nothing but punish the law abiding just like they do in Chicago since it's working so well to reduce the crime there.
Last edited by WLJ on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:06 pm

Properly securing your weapons should be common sense. But you can’t make not having common sense a crime.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:01 pm

ssracer wrote:Properly securing your weapons should be common sense. But you can’t make not having common sense a crime.

johnny???

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:11 pm

Dave1965 wrote:
ssracer wrote:Properly securing your weapons should be common sense. But you can’t make not having common sense a crime.

johnny???
lol

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:14 am

Dave1965 wrote:

johnny???
No argument there. Trust me, I was as pissed at me as much as the thief.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:56 pm

Under current law, licensed gun dealers cannot sell a handgun to anyone under 21, but they are allowed to sell assault rifles like the AR-15 to anyone over 18. This policy is dangerous and makes absolutely no sense.

I plan to introduce a bill to require all firearms purchases from gun dealers be restricted to individuals who are at least 21 years old. If you can’t buy a handgun or a bottle of beer, you shouldn’t be able to buy an AR-15.

This is common sense and I hope my Republican colleagues will join me in this effort.
Sen. Feinstein Will Introduce Legislation to Change Minimum Age Requirements for Gun Purchases
https://townhall.com/notebook/bethbauma ... 5-n2450720

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:25 pm

Guess they should raise the minimum voting and military age to 21 as well...

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:34 pm

ssracer wrote:Guess they should raise the minimum voting and military age to 21 as well...

The minimum voting age should be 40.

:llama:

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Define “properly securing.”

Does my sock drawer (and night stand, and under my bed, and in a couple of closets, and on my office desk, and on my office floor, and propped up in a corner here and there) count?

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times

Post by Rem700 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Frailer wrote:

Does my sock drawer (and night stand, and under my bed, and in a couple of closets, and on my office desk, and on my office floor, and propped up in a corner here and there) count?
Properly securing is different for everyone’s situation. Yours are properly secured for you.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:57 am

Rem700 wrote:
Frailer wrote:

Properly securing is different for everyone’s situation. Yours are properly secured for you.
Mine are all behind locked doors.....My front door, back door and side door are always locked unless I am right outside whichever door.

If I had anyone else living in the house it would be different, all guns would be restricted.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:31 pm

They don't care if you think it is secured. They want to control you and make you do it their way right or wrong and first chance they can, they will penalize you for it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:49 pm

jackalo626 wrote:They don't care if you think it is secured. They want to control you and make you do it their way right or wrong and first chance they can, they will penalize you for it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yep
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Liberals embrace idea of banks and credit card cos cutting off gun dealers
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/02/ ... n-dealers/

how US banks could curb gun sales, even if Washington won't
https://twitter.com/bmclannahan/status/ ... dealers%2F

How Banks Could Control Gun Sales if Washington Won’t
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/19/busi ... sales.html

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:44 pm

My guess he's throwing the libs a bone to chew on. Problem is they're never satisfied and will soon start barking for more.

BREAKING: President Trump Directs Justice Department to Ban Bump Fire Stocks
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/0 ... mp-stocks/
“Just a few moments ago I signed a memo directing the attorney general to propose regulations that ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns,'” Trump said at a Medal of Valor event at the White House, addressing Attorney General Jeff Sessions. “I expect these regulations to be finalized, Jeff, very soon,” Trump said.
Moments earlier, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said Trump ordered the Justice Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to review bump fire stocks, which she said had been completed. She said movement on that front would take place shortly.

“The President, when it comes to that, is committed to ensuring that those devices are — again I’m not going to get ahead of the announcement, but I can tell you that the President doesn’t support use of those accessories,” Sanders said.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:50 pm

WLJ wrote:My guess he's throwing the libs a bone to chew on. Problem is they're never satisfied and will soon start barking for more.
So you’re OK with this?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Frailer wrote:
WLJ wrote:My guess he's throwing the libs a bone to chew on. Problem is they're never satisfied and will soon start barking for more.
So you’re OK with this?
Nope. Just stating what I think he's doing.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:04 pm

The reason I asked is because a co-worker showed me this story a few minutes ago and said,
“You were right.”

For years I’d been telling him that the greatest threat to our gun rights isn’t a Democratic President...it’s a Republican. Because only someone with an R beside their name can stand up the the NRA without the sky falling on their head.

I will believe to my dying day that if Romney had been elected in 2012 one of his first acts in office would have been to sign a new “Assault Weapon Ban.” Because he would have had to “do something” in response to Sandy Hook.

Anyone who thinks Trump is pro-gun is smoking crack. He didn’t do this because he’s “throwing the ‘libs’ a bone.” He did it because he’s an unprincipled, narcissistic cocksucker.

IMHO, of course.

ETA: for the record, I think bump stocks are stupid, and I’d rather see my sister in a whorehouse than one of those redneck monstrosities on one of my rifles. But if someone wants to waste ammo while yee-hawing and getting a tiny erection, more power to ‘Em. The idea that one of our basic human rights might hinge on such a ridiculous thing makes me a little sick to my stomach.
Last edited by Frailer on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:08 pm

Frailer wrote:The reason I asked is because a co-worker showed me this story a few minutes ago and said,
“You were right.”

For years I’d been telling him that the greatest threat to our gun rights isn’t a Democratic President...it’s a Republican. Because only someone with an R beside their name can stand up the the NRA without the sky falling on their head.

I will believe to my dying day that if Romney had been elected in 2012 one of his first acts in office would have been to sign a new “Assault Weapon Ban.” Because he would have had to “do something” in response to Sandy Hook.

Anyone who thinks Trump is pro-gun is smoking crack. He didn’t do this because he’s “throwing the ‘libs’ a bone.” He did it because he’s an unprincipled, narcissistic cocksucker.

IMHO, of course.
I've been hit or miss on opinions with you, but this one we are on 100% agreement!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:48 pm

Honestly I think this was going to happen whether or not Trump got involved.
Bump stocks are legal for sale because of an ATF letter, what the ATF can give in letter they can take in a letter.
Not defending Trump on this matter, just stating that I think the ATF was more than likely moving in this direction anyway.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”