Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Re: Stupid Stuff

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:24 am

It's Your Civic Duty to Ruin Thanksgiving by Bringing Up Trump
https://www.gq.com/story/the-case-for-r ... anksgiving
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:12 am

WLJ wrote:It's Your Civic Duty to Ruin Thanksgiving by Bringing Up Trump
The stupidity never ends, does it?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:24 am

rustynuts wrote:
WLJ wrote:It's Your Civic Duty to Ruin Thanksgiving by Bringing Up Trump
The stupidity never ends, does it?
Are you kidding? It seems like the stupid gas petal has been pushed to the floorboard lately.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:06 am

Case in point
Apparently you were supposed to be triggered by the fact the Washington Redskins were playing on Thanksgiving.

By Having the Washington R*dskins Host a Game on Thanksgiving, NFL Owners Show Their True Colors
https://www.thenation.com/article/by-ha ... ue-colors/

I remember a poll that was taken a while back and extremely few native Americans were bothered by the name and in fact many were fans. It was mostly the SJWs, who were nearly all white, that had an issue with it.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:58 am

Eat more fried food to save the planet!
It's for the children!

Seriously, just how much tax player money was wasted for this?

Deep fat fryers may help form cooling clouds
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-42081892

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:08 pm

Now this is not only stupid but freaking weird to boot.

KFC offering $10K 'Internet Escape Pod' ahead of Cyber Monday
http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/ ... onday.html

Just turn the darn things off if you want to escape. Fools and their money. :roll:

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:13 pm

WLJ wrote:Now this is not only stupid but freaking weird to boot.

Just turn the darn things off if you want to escape. Fools and their money. :roll:
Saw that the other day and wondered why, of all companies, KFC came up with that.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:25 pm

rustynuts wrote:
WLJ wrote:Now this is not only stupid but freaking weird to boot.

Saw that the other day and wondered why, of all companies, KFC came up with that.
Bigger question is, who would pay $10,000 for it?
I'm almost afraid to google to see if there's an "Escape From Trump" version

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Dustin » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:04 am

OK I got one. Just need pop corn.

Flat-Earther to Launch Himself in Homemade Steam Rocket Saturday

https://www.space.com/38869-flat-earthe ... aunch.html
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:26 am

Dustin wrote:OK I got one. Just need pop corn.

Flat-Earther to Launch Himself in Homemade Steam Rocket Saturday

https://www.space.com/38869-flat-earthe ... aunch.html
WLJ wrote:Lawn dart in 10,9,8,7.........

This Man Is Launching Himself in a Homemade Rocket to Prove Earth Is Flat
https://www.sciencealert.com/man-launch ... th-is-flat

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:56 am

And from the "This is why we can't have nice things" files
A woman walking her dogs near her western New York home was fatally shot Wednesday by a man who told police he mistook her for a deer.
New York woman killed by hunter while walking dogs
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/24/us/new-yo ... index.html

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:14 am

Are you sick of Republicans? Or just right-wingers in general? Do you want to send a message to Washington that you aren't going to buy into their racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic and classist nonsense for one second longer?

Then do the very thing that Donald Trump unintentionally encouraged in a recent tweet: Encourage Hillary Clinton to run for president in 2020!
Here’s your leftover turkey: The case for Hillary Clinton 2020
https://www.salon.com/2017/11/24/heres- ... nton-2020/

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:59 pm

Proof that the earth is flat will have to wait abit

A flat-Earther's plan to launch himself in a homemade rocket just hit a speed bump
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-fla ... cid=TSHDHP

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:44 pm

So according to this whether or not you're conservative or liberal is a matter of how safe you "feel" and by making a conservative feel safe they will like magic POOF! turn liberal.

At Yale, we conducted an experiment to turn conservatives into liberals. The results say a lot about our political divisions.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ins ... d63d5430ae

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:38 pm

My head hurts

Steve Martin's 'King Tut' Sketch Is Racist
http://www.newsweek.com/steve-martins-k ... pus-717418
Well, excuuuuuuuuse him!

Steve Martin’s seminal “King Tut” sketch is being blasted as cultural appropriation by a group of students at a prestigious liberal arts college in Oregon after the classic "Saturday Night Live" parody was played in a humanities course.

The sketch, created by Martin in 1978 to parody the hysteria and commercialization surrounding a traveling Tutankhamun exhibit, has outraged students who say the sketch is the cultural equivalent of blackface because one of the side actors emerged from a sarcophagus with his face painted gold.

Keep up with this story and more by subscribing now

"That’s like somebody … making a song just littered with the n-word everywhere,” a member of the group, Reedies Against Racism, told The Atlantic. “The gold face of the saxophone dancer leaving its tomb is an exhibition of blackface.”

Students first took issue with the video when it was played during a humanities course, which is designed for students to “to engage in original, open-ended, critical inquiry.” Students said they should not be forced to take the course until different coursework is given because the sketch is racist.

Martin was obviously prepared for the backlash, even back in 1978. Dressed in faux Egyptian garb, he opens the sketch by first explaining somberly that he has issues with the popular traveling exhibit for the boy king, King Tut.

“I think it is a national disgrace the way we have commercialized it with trinkets and toys, t-shirts and posters,” he says, earning laughs as most of his live audience likely knew he was kidding.

He and his band then launch into a jazzy song that includes the lyrics:

Now, if I'd known/They'd line up just to see you/I'd trade in all my money/And bought me a museum/King Tut/Buried with a donkey/Funky Tut/He's my favorite honky!

And:

Now, when I die/Don't think I'm a nut/Don't want no fancy funeral/Just one like ol' king Tut.

It's not the first time students at Reed have protested the required freshman humanities course, which Reedies Against Racism said “perpetuates white supremacy — by centering 'whiteness' as the only required class at Reed.” Students have protested the course by standing with signs that say “Fuck Hum 110” and “We demand space for students of color” inside the class.

Reed Professor Lucía Martínez Valdivia, who identifies herself as a gay mixed-race woman, wrote an op-ed for The Washington Post on her experiences with the protestors. Valdivia who has PTSD said before her lectures she suffered from a “lack of sleep, nausea, loss of appetite and an inability to focus.”

“The right to speak freely is not the same as the right to rob others of their voices,” she said.

Free speech is increasingly a hot-button issue at universities around the nation, where students have led disruptions on campus in an attempt to shut down on-campus speakers. University of Wisconsin students attempted to disrupt conservative columnist Ben Shapiro when he came to speak at the campus last fall.

But students are now bringing the disruptions into the classroom. Professors say they are afraid to speak up and create conversation around controversial issues.

“The air is different now because what you do in a classroom can end up on Fox News,” Luis Fernandez, a North Arizona University professor, told The New York Times.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:12 pm

Of course it is. It was created by a white guy. It’s axiomatic.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:38 pm

Your news feed seems to be about 24 to 72 hours behind mine Wilson. It's weird.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:42 pm

rustynuts wrote:Your news feed seems to be about 24 to 72 hours behind mine Wilson. It's weird.
I don't use any kind of news feed, I just happen to bump into these as I surf the internet.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:22 pm

rustynuts wrote:Your news feed seems to be about 24 to 72 hours behind mine Wilson. It's weird.
Wilson is my news feed... :llama:
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:26 pm

WLJ wrote:
I don't use any kind of news feed, I just happen to bump into these as I surf the internet.
I guess I should start posting up to save you some time then.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:35 pm

Post away

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by PDM » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:06 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:
This. Lol
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Dustin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:13 am

Need Wilson setup with a RSS feed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Marcus » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:26 am

PDM wrote:
Gunsmokin wrote:
This. Lol
Here too
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:26 am

WLJ wrote:My head hurts

Steve Martin's 'King Tut' Sketch Is Racist
http://www.newsweek.com/steve-martins-k ... pus-717418
Well, excuuuuuuuuse him!

Steve Martin’s seminal “King Tut” sketch is being blasted as cultural appropriation by a group of students at a prestigious liberal arts college in Oregon after the classic "Saturday Night Live" parody was played in a humanities course.

The sketch, created by Martin in 1978 to parody the hysteria and commercialization surrounding a traveling Tutankhamun exhibit, has outraged students who say the sketch is the cultural equivalent of blackface because one of the side actors emerged from a sarcophagus with his face painted gold.

Keep up with this story and more by subscribing now

"That’s like somebody … making a song just littered with the n-word everywhere,” a member of the group, Reedies Against Racism, told The Atlantic. “The gold face of the saxophone dancer leaving its tomb is an exhibition of blackface.”

Students first took issue with the video when it was played during a humanities course, which is designed for students to “to engage in original, open-ended, critical inquiry.” Students said they should not be forced to take the course until different coursework is given because the sketch is racist.

Martin was obviously prepared for the backlash, even back in 1978. Dressed in faux Egyptian garb, he opens the sketch by first explaining somberly that he has issues with the popular traveling exhibit for the boy king, King Tut.

“I think it is a national disgrace the way we have commercialized it with trinkets and toys, t-shirts and posters,” he says, earning laughs as most of his live audience likely knew he was kidding.

He and his band then launch into a jazzy song that includes the lyrics:

Now, if I'd known/They'd line up just to see you/I'd trade in all my money/And bought me a museum/King Tut/Buried with a donkey/Funky Tut/He's my favorite honky!

And:

Now, when I die/Don't think I'm a nut/Don't want no fancy funeral/Just one like ol' king Tut.

It's not the first time students at Reed have protested the required freshman humanities course, which Reedies Against Racism said “perpetuates white supremacy — by centering 'whiteness' as the only required class at Reed.” Students have protested the course by standing with signs that say “Fuck Hum 110” and “We demand space for students of color” inside the class.

Reed Professor Lucía Martínez Valdivia, who identifies herself as a gay mixed-race woman, wrote an op-ed for The Washington Post on her experiences with the protestors. Valdivia who has PTSD said before her lectures she suffered from a “lack of sleep, nausea, loss of appetite and an inability to focus.”

“The right to speak freely is not the same as the right to rob others of their voices,” she said.

Free speech is increasingly a hot-button issue at universities around the nation, where students have led disruptions on campus in an attempt to shut down on-campus speakers. University of Wisconsin students attempted to disrupt conservative columnist Ben Shapiro when he came to speak at the campus last fall.

But students are now bringing the disruptions into the classroom. Professors say they are afraid to speak up and create conversation around controversial issues.

“The air is different now because what you do in a classroom can end up on Fox News,” Luis Fernandez, a North Arizona University professor, told The New York Times.
Comment from another forum
Can't wait til one of these thin skinned twats discovers Blazing Saddles
I've been saying that for a while now.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”