Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
dgara12
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0

Re: At first I thought this came from The Onion

Post by dgara12 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:51 pm

This article is complete bullshit. Talking points include the Ferguson effect and shootings by toddlers.

1st the Ferguson effect to me is how the social and the "professional" media can take unsubstantiated lies and craft a story. The facts just don't have any place in this drama at all. FACT: Thief gets dispatched becuase he doesn't want to follow an officers commands and becomes a martyr. I grew up a few miles down the road in Old Town Florissant and still have family living in the aftermath. Makes me sick to see what has become of that area because of some residents.

2nd toddlers shooting people. Come on. Whoever is responsible for the firearm should be pistol whipped with the weapon. Oh and if dumbass who provided situation and gun for the shooting cares he/ she will get to live with the burden of the life lost and the emotionally scarred trigger puller.
Last edited by dgara12 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:42 pm

10 years ago I would have said someone was trolling, but today.........

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/uw-lacr ... sm_tw_post
UW-La Crosse Student ‘Very Upset’ by ‘Cis Power’ Mural of Harry Potter’s Neville Longbottom

By Jillian Kay Melchior | 5:26 am, September 23, 2016

A University of Wisconsin-La Crosse student had a serious complaint for his campus’ official “Hate Response Team”: he was “very upset” by a Harry Potter mural in a college dorm.

The mural, in the Laux Residence Hall, depicts Neville Longbottom, a character from the Harry Potter films. The nerdy Neville was played by actor Matthew Lewis, who blossomed into a notable hunk post-puberty. The mural shows him as both a geeky boy and an attractive young man — transformed, according to the mural’s caption, by a stay at the Laux Residence Hall itself.

The depiction of this metamorphosis “represents our ideal society and everything I am trying to fight against,” wrote the offended student, whose name is redacted. “It represents white power. Man power. Cis power. Able power. Class power. ECT [sic] ect. I am angry that I know the people who put this mural up, and I am anger [sic] because I know the people who let this mural be put up. Like I said earlier, maybe I am being a little sensitive, but it is how I feel. This represents, to me, our society, and I do not want it up on this wall. Why do we need a BEFORE and AFTER?”

The complaint, unearthed by a Heat Street records request for reports of bias on UW-La Crosse’s campus, was filed in April. We confirmed the mural remains up, despite the student’s complaint. By deadline, neither of the students who painted Neville Longbottom’s poster had responded to Heat Street’s inquiry.

UW-La Crosse established its “Hate Response” Team more than a decade ago to address acts of bias, prejudice, intolerance and hate on campus. Over the same timeframe, more than 100 other colleges and universities also established similar bias response teams. But recently, they’ve also come under fire in some places for restricting free speech and catering to the most easily offended students on campus.

For instance, Colorado School of Mines bias response team decided unilaterally to overrule the student-chosen name for the athletic center after one student complained “The Mine Shaft” actually supported so-called “rape culture”.

Unlike many colleges, UW-La Crosse explicitly states that its bias response team does not “infringe on First Amendment Rights, limit academic freedom… [or] impose disciplinary sanctions or other forms of punishment.” In 2015, the UW System’s Board of Regents also established a policy, patterned off of the Chicago principles, committing to the protection of free speech on campus.

In the case of the Harry Potter complaint, the student asked not to be contacted, so the bias response team simply noted the comments. But any time a student is open to a conversation, a staffer will reach out and listen, says Amanda Goodenough, a member of the UW-La Crosse Hate Response Team and the assistant director of “campus climate”. They always follow up, even if a student’s complaint is outrageous or likely satirical.

“Maybe 1,000 people could look at it and say it’s fake, they’re trying to be funny, but I always try to reach out,” Goodenough says. “Maybe it would be an opportunity to have a conversation. That’s what we need more of.”

Part of UW-La Crosse’s commitment to free speech is helping students learn to talk about what upsets or offends them, she says.

“What our team is really trying to do is promote a culture of empowerment, not victimhood,” she says. “People can report whatever we want and we don’t squelch that. … It’s about people finding their voice, speaking out. They’re college students; they’re learning who they are and what they are in the world, and they may not always get it right, but they’re finding their voice.”

— Jillian Kay Melchior writes for Heat Street and is a fellow for the Steamboat Institute and the Independent Women’s Forum.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:02 pm

WTF!?

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Victimhood is exactly what it creates. I am empowered by being unoffended
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:33 am

Los Angeles Police Commission Tells Officers To Run Away from Armed Suspects
http://bluelivesmatter.blue/los-angeles ... -suspects/

Los Angeles, CA – The Los Angeles Police Commission who is tasked with setting policies for the police department, has decided that if an officer is confronted by an armed subject they should run away. The decision stems from an officer involved shooting where a suspect charged two officers with a large knife, citing that the officers should have “redeployed” to “create distance.”

There is no disputing of the facts of this case. A female suspect, armed with an 8 to 9-inch knife, repeatedly ignored commands to stop, ran at the officers, and was even recorded yelling “shoot me,” all the while brandishing the knife swinging it from side to side.

In less than 10 seconds the female suspect closed a 70 foot gap to just 5 feet prompting the first officer to fire his weapon. This left only 3 seconds for the second officer to react to the threat, prompting the Commission to conclude that “it was reasonable for Officer C to believe, in the moment when the use of force occurred, that the subject would imminently assault him with the knife.”

In true Monday morning quarterback fashion, people with no police training or experience thoroughly analyzed this seconds long shooting. Using the video, they broke down the footage frame by frame concluding that in mere seconds the first officers’ “position initially provided Officer C with a position of tactical advantage” which was lost as the suspect charged with the knife. Further writing “this advantage rapidly diminished as the Subject continued her advance, leaving him with neither distance nor effective cover as the subject approached the space between two parked vehicles by which Officer C was located.”

Imagine having a vehicles on either side of you and a charging suspect with a knife. How do you “redeploy” to gain another tactical advantage? This would only further endanger officers and the public.

Chief Charlie Beck of the LAPD even agreed with the officers’ actions. Despite the Chief’s endorsement, the Commission overruled the Chief’s decision. The Commissioners, while acknowledging the Officer was right in feeling his life was in jeopardy, felt the Officer was in the wrong and should have run away. Remember, the Commission has a combined law enforcement experience of zero years.

If you work in LA, prepare for hell if you ever need to defend your life.

SOURCE: http://lapd.com/blog/Police_Commission_ ... ay_or_else
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:08 am

WLJ wrote:Image

http://bluelivesmatter.blue/los-angeles ... -suspects/

Los Angeles, CA – The Los Angeles Police Commission who is tasked with setting policies for the police department, has decided that if an officer is confronted by an armed subject they should run away. The decision stems from an officer involved shooting where a suspect charged two officers with a large knife, citing that the officers should have “redeployed” to “create distance.”

There is no disputing of the facts of this case. A female suspect, armed with an 8 to 9-inch knife, repeatedly ignored commands to stop, ran at the officers, and was even recorded yelling “shoot me,” all the while brandishing the knife swinging it from side to side.

In less than 10 seconds the female suspect closed a 70 foot gap to just 5 feet prompting the first officer to fire his weapon. This left only 3 seconds for the second officer to react to the threat, prompting the Commission to conclude that “it was reasonable for Officer C to believe, in the moment when the use of force occurred, that the subject would imminently assault him with the knife.”

In true Monday morning quarterback fashion, people with no police training or experience thoroughly analyzed this seconds long shooting. Using the video, they broke down the footage frame by frame concluding that in mere seconds the first officers’ “position initially provided Officer C with a position of tactical advantage” which was lost as the suspect charged with the knife. Further writing “this advantage rapidly diminished as the Subject continued her advance, leaving him with neither distance nor effective cover as the subject approached the space between two parked vehicles by which Officer C was located.”

Imagine having a vehicles on either side of you and a charging suspect with a knife. How do you “redeploy” to gain another tactical advantage? This would only further endanger officers and the public.

Chief Charlie Beck of the LAPD even agreed with the officers’ actions. Despite the Chief’s endorsement, the Commission overruled the Chief’s decision. The Commissioners, while acknowledging the Officer was right in feeling his life was in jeopardy, felt the Officer was in the wrong and should have run away. Remember, the Commission has a combined law enforcement experience of zero years.

If you work in LA, prepare for hell if you ever need to defend your life.

SOURCE: http://lapd.com/blog/Police_Commission_ ... ay_or_else
Redeployed to create distance. Would that be the same as a tactical retreat? Lol.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:27 am

Where did all of these idiots come from? ISIS must have planted them here in an effort to destroy us from within.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rem700 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:07 pm

rustynuts wrote:Where did all of these idiots come from? ISIS must have planted them here in an effort to destroy us from within.

Naw we will destroy ourselves without their help. Look at the 2 morons in the election (99% chance one of them will be our next POTUS). Yea like i said we will destroy ourselves just fine without the help of terrorists.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:15 am

I'm going to my safe room.

Donald Trump, Pepe the frog, and white supremacists: an explainer
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed/don ... explainer/

Pepe the Frog meme branded a 'hate symbol'
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37493165
Online cartoon Pepe the Frog has been added to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL)'s database of hate symbols.

Other logos cited as offensive by the ADL include the Swastika and the "Blood Drop Cross" of the KKK.

The anti-bigotry group said "racists and haters" had "taken a popular internet meme and twisted it".

Pepe has recently been depicted as Adolf Hitler and a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

Pepe made his debut in 2005 in artist Matt Furie's "Boy's Club" cartoons. Since then, pictures of the creature have spread through the online communities 4chan, 8chan, and Reddit, where users can post an image for others to comment on.

These are mostly used to express emotions or experiences, but some racist and anti-Semitic versions have spread virally on Facebook and Twitter.

Who are the 'Alt-Right'?

Trump Jr's Skittles graphic deleted from Twitter

"These anti-Semites have no shame," ADL's chief executive Jonathan A Greenblatt said. "They are abusing the image of a cartoon character, one that might at first seem appealing, to harass and spread hatred on social media."
'You can't stump the Trump'

The Alt-Right movement, a disparate group of right-wing social media users, has repeatedly shared Pepe re-workings on social media.

The movement has been described as an alternative to mainstream conservatism, but its proponents have repeatedly abused Jewish Americans and portrayed white people as oppressed.

The Alt-Right has claimed Mr Trump as its presidential candidate of choice. The mogul has not approved it, but did re-tweet a caricature depicting him as Pepe the Frog in October 2015, with the caption "You Can't Stump the Trump".
Image copyright Twitter
Image caption Donald Trump re-tweeted a Pepe-style cartoon of himself

The frog made headlines in mid-September when Hillary Clinton said most of Mr Trump's supporters belonged in a "basket of deplorables".

The Republican's son Donald Trump Jr shared an altered version of the movie poster for "The Expendables", which showed Pepe with his father and other conservatives, labelled "The Deplorables."

'That cartoon frog is sinister'

Mrs Clinton's team duly released a post titled "Donald Trump, Pepe the frog, and white supremacists: an explainer" claiming, "that cartoon frog is more sinister than you might realize".

In May 2016, the Daily Beast quoted an anonymous white nationalist saying that a campaign was under way to "reclaim Pepe from the normies" - internet slang for mainstream users.

The ADL has clarified that most Pepe memes are not racist, and that innocent versions will not be subject to the hate symbol designation.

"The mere fact of posting a Pepe meme does not mean that someone is racist or white supremacist," the group said.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:10 pm

I consider Hillary's face, her voice, and her very being, hate symbols.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:14 pm

I'm going to order a Pepe and a deplorables T shirt.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:41 pm

So let me get this straight, a Hispanic can't dress up as a Hispanic because that would offend Hispanics????????????

A high school in Brampton, Ontario banned a student of Colombian descent from dressing up as a mariachi for Halloween, claiming it was ‘cultural appropriation.’

Joshua Sewerynek, a ninth-grade student at the St. Thomas Aquinas Secondary School, told MRCTV that he and his friends had planned to dress up as a mariachi band for Halloween. After submitting his costume to his school’s official Twitter account as per instructions, he was informed that it was “too offensive.”

When Sewerynek informed the school of his hispanic heritage, he was told that “while you may not find it offensive, others may” and that “culture is not a costume.”
School Bans Hispanic Student’s Hispanic Halloween Costume
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/10/3 ... n-costume/

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:08 pm

Am I the only one who feels that this bullshit is spiraling out of control faster and faster by the day? So, cultural appropriation is a bad thing. Used to be when you dressed up in a certain cultural fashion for some event, it was a form of admiration. Now I guess it's assumed you have bad intentions or making fun. So stupid. None of you non-Scottish or Irish F'ers better put on a kilt! I will be sooooooo offended!

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:09 pm

I'm just not going to play the game with the opposition's rules. They can suck it!

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:44 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:Am I the only one who feels that this bullshit is spiraling out of control faster and faster by the day? So, cultural appropriation is a bad thing. Used to be when you dressed up in a certain cultural fashion for some event, it was a form of admiration. Now I guess it's assumed you have bad intentions or making fun. So stupid. None of you non-Scottish or Irish F'ers better put on a kilt! I will be sooooooo offended!
Agree
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:44 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:I'm just not going to play the game with the opposition's rules. They can suck it!
This too for sure!!
Tench Coxe

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:53 pm

Can non-Irish people still celebrate St. Patrick's Day?

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:54 pm

rustynuts wrote:Can non-Irish people still celebrate St. Patrick's Day?
from the sound of it even Irish people can't because "someone" might get offended

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:20 pm

We are just crackas, nothing to see here. Continue on with St. Patrick's Day...

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:02 pm

Niceguy wrote:We are just crackas, nothing to see here. Continue on with St. Patrick's Day...
Right
Tench Coxe

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:13 pm

University of Michigan Professors Will Face Disciplinary Action for Ignoring ‘Preferred Pronouns’
http://heatst.com/culture-wars/universi ... -pronouns/
The University of Michigan yesterday unveiled a new webpage that allows students to choose their preferred pronouns, including “they” and “ze.”

Preferred pronouns will appear on class rosters, and if professors accidentally use the wrong pronoun, “you can acknowledge that you made a mistake and use the correct pronoun next time,” said the university’s provost and vice president for student life in a campus-wide email announcement. It also called using preferred pronouns “one of the most basic ways to show your respect for their identity and to cultivate an environment that respects all gender identities.”

A university spokesman tells Heat Street, “If there were a persistent pattern of ignoring a student’s preference, we would address that as a performance matter.”

The new Wolverine Access page allows students to add, change, or delete preferred pronouns, which will be shared only with “those who have a legitimate education interest in the information,” the new webpage says. Students who don’t specify a preferred pronoun won’t have one listed, the university said.

The college’s IT team made the change, so it had no specific cost, a university spokesman said.

The decision comes after a University of Michigan junior founded the Wolverines for Preferred Pronouns Initiative, also starting a Change.org petition that has gained more than 750 signatures this year.

The petition argued that it is “a mentally and emotionally draining experience for individuals who constantly have to inform or correct professors of their identity.” Allowing students to specify their own preferred pronouns “will prevent the erasure of nonbinary individuals who use neopronouns or they/them pronouns,” it said.

In April, the student newspaper endorsed the petition, and the Central Student Government also passed a resolution in its favor.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:16 pm

The above leads us to this

Michigan student successfully changes preferred pronoun to 'His Majesty' on class roster
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/29/mi ... oster.html
As Heat Street‘s Politics Editor Jillian Melchior reported this week, a new policy at the University of Michigan allows students to choose their preferred pronouns — including the gender-neutral “they” and “ze” — to appear on class rosters.

With that in mind, one conservative student, Grant Strobl, who is also chairman of the Young Americans for Freedom board of governors, decided to troll the university administration by officially requesting his pronoun to be changed to “His Majesty.”

My new identity is His Majesty Grant Strobl, what's yours? After you update WolverineAccess, tweet to #UMPronounChallenge! @YAF @YAFUMich
— Grant Strobl (@grantstrobl) September 28, 2016

Although Storbl says he has “no problem with students asking to be identified a certain way,” he thought it important to show just how ludicrous it is for universities to institutionalize the use of “arbitrary” pronouns and threaten disciplinary action if students and staff repeatedly fail to use them.

“I henceforth shall be referred to as: His Majesty, Grant Strobl. I encourage all U-M students to go onto Wolverine Access, and insert the identity of their dreams,” he told the College Fix.

The university vice president and provost of student life said employing preferred pronouns was “one of the most basic ways to show your respect for their identity and to cultivate an environment that respects all gender identities.”

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:36 pm

Could be more to this, maybe not.

NJ Highschooler Suspended for Anti-Gun Control Project
http://www.nj2as.org/nj_highschooler_su ... ol_project
A Manville, NJ student was suspended and ordered to go under a psychological evaluation after it was found out he was doing an assignment arguing against gun control.

Student Frank Harvey was doing a project for class that was on gun control, arguing against it, when he left his flash drive with the project on it in the school library. The flash drive was then found and handed over to the school administrators. After discovering the contents of the flash drive, which in the report included anti-gun control political cartoons and videos and reports of armed citizens defending themselves from criminals, the school then called the police.

The police immediately cleared Harvey of any wrongdoing, but the school district officials said that he would have to undergo a five-hour long psychological examination before being allowed back in school. Harvey and his parents refused, and as a result he has withdrawn from school and is pursuing a GED.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:08 am

Flashback: Occidental Leftists Were Triggered By 9/11 Memorial, American Flag Is A 'Symbol of Institutionalized Violence'
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/ ... e-n2216140
Okay—so remember when liberals trashed a 9/11 memorial at Occidental College? I forgot to mention a few things from that disgusting incident. The college is investigating the matter, though the students behind the incident seem to have used the Code: Oxy (Coalition for Diversity and Equity) Facebook page to divulge some grade-A progressive drivel, namely that the American flag, which was used to dot the memorial (around 3,000, one for each victim) is a triggering symbol:

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:09 am

Gunsmokin wrote:Am I the only one who feels that this bullshit is spiraling out of control faster and faster by the day?
Sure as heck seems that way.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”