Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: At first I thought this came from The Onion

Post by WLJ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:08 am

How dare they remove the bad apples from the good!
And it's racist too.

Justice Department sues Georgia for segregating students with behavioral disabilities
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/08/ ... s&or=tn_us

ATLANTA, Aug. 24 (UPI) -- The Justice Department has filed suit against the state of Georgia for allegedly segregating students with behavioral or emotional problems in violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.

The federal department announced Tuesday it hopes to "vindicate the rights of the thousands of students unnecessarily segregated" in the Georgia Network for Educational and Therapeutic Support, or GNETS. Approximately 4,600 students are in GNETS, including about 125 kindergarten and pre-K students.

Georgia is accused of requiring some students with behavioral or emotional disorders to attend so-called psychoeducational schools when they could instead be placed in general education settings.

In 1970, the first GNETS program was established in Athens, Ga., to serve as a prototype for the statewide network that grew to 24 programs by 1976. Students are referred by their local school system.

The ADA and the Supreme Court's decision in Olmstead vs. L.C. require states to provide services to people with disabilities in the most integrated setting appropriate to their needs. The Justice Department's complaint seeks declaratory and injunctive relief.

"Seventeen years ago, the Supreme Court made clear that states must serve people with disabilities, including children with disabilities, in the most integrated setting appropriate to their needs," said Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Vanita Gupta, head of the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division. "Georgia has relegated thousands of students with behavior-related disabilities to separate, segregated and unequal settings, and placed other students at serious risk of entering such settings, failing to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act."

In July 2015, the department notified the state that it was violating the ADA, saying most students in GNETS spend their entire school day, including meals, exclusively with other students with disabilities.

State officials declined to comment on the lawsuit.

More than two-thirds of GNETS students are assigned to schools in regional centers far from students' homes.

"This complaint alleges that many children in the GNETS Program are consigned to dilapidated buildings that were formerly used for black children during segregation, or to classrooms that are locked apart from mainstream classrooms, with substantially fewer opportunities of participating in extracurricular activities like music, art and sports," said U.S. Attorney John A. Horn of the Northern District of Georgia.

The lawsuit further alleges mental health and therapeutic education are available in Georgia to a limited number of students with disabilities in integrated educational settings.

Georgia can comply with federal law by spending the $72 million in state and federal money it was allocated this year for GNETS, according to the lawsuit.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution last spring reported a high number of African-American students are assigned to GNETS.

The lawsuit, however, did make allegations concerning the race of students enrolled in the program.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

At first I thought this came from The Onion

Post by Gunsmokin » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:08 pm

Never mind the loss of educational opportunities of the remainder of the students that have to be in the same classroom with non-conforming, behaviorally-deficient, classmates. That is the travesty here. To hell with the privileged students who were actually taught some manners and discipline. They must all be reduced to the lowest common denominator.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:09 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:Never mind the loss of educational opportunities of the remainder of the students that have to be in the same classroom with non-conforming, behaviorally-deficient, classmates. That is the travesty here. To hell with the privileged students who were actually taught some manners and discipline. They must all be reduced to the lowest common denominator.
Lowest common denominator = Democrat voter
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:11 pm

WLJ wrote:
Gunsmokin wrote:Never mind the loss of educational opportunities of the remainder of the students that have to be in the same classroom with non-conforming, behaviorally-deficient, classmates. That is the travesty here. To hell with the privileged students who were actually taught some manners and discipline. They must all be reduced to the lowest common denominator.
Lowest common denominator = Democrat voter
Lowest common denominator = government dependent = democrat voter

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rem700 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:45 pm

SMH

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:52 pm

So if Trump is Lord Voldemort does that mean he thinks Hillary is Harry Potter?

This is the type of worthless shit that passes for a Political Science Paper now-a-days.
“Similarities between Donald Trump and Harry Potter’s nemesis, Lord Voldemort, have not gone without notice during the 2016 campaign," wrote University of Pennsylvania Political Science Professor Diana Mutz, in her paper for the American Political Science Association’s journal PS: Political Science & Politics. “Such comparisons could amount to little more than poking fun at a political opponent.
Trump compared to Harry Potter villain in UPenn Prof's study
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/25/tr ... study.html
Absent from the study is how Harry Potter fandom might affect opinions of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. Mutz polled a sample of about 1,200 Americans and only asked them about their consumption of Harry Potter-related media and their attitudes toward various political issues and Trump.

National and international media praised the paper as a work of academic wizardry.

“Could Harry Potter fans be the key to snatching victory away from Donald Trump in the U.S. presidential election in November?” asked a July 28 Newsweek article about the study.

The UK newspaper The Independent exclaimed “Harry Potter could help stop Donald Trump becoming US president” in a recent edition.

Technology blog Gizmodo asked in July, “Can Harry Potter Affect This Presidential Election?”

Mutz, who did not respond to requests for comment, seems to think so.

“Can Harry Potter defeat Donald Trump? Is his orange wig actually a horcrux that, if captured, could weaken the strength of his electoral base?" she wrote in the conclusion of the paper. “Just as He-Who-Must-Not-Be- Named gains power from having others refer to him, is Trump’s appeal likewise a function of nonstop media fascination and repetition? These questions remain to be answered.

“Perhaps most importantly, these findings raise the hope that Harry Potter can stop the Deathly Donald and make America great again in the eyes of the world, just as Harry did by ridding the wizard world of Voldemort.”
Last edited by WLJ on Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:59 pm

A photo from that dildo protest

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:01 am

Are taxi drivers union?

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christiner ... y-n2210270
Well this is absurd: Massachusetts is planning on taxing ride-sharing services like Uber in order to bail out...the taxi industry. This is the first tax of this kind in the country. Taxis are upset that ride-sharing services don't follow the same rules as the taxi industry (which makes sense, given that...they're not taxis.)

From Reuters:
Massachusetts is preparing to levy a 5-cent fee per trip on ride-hailing apps such as Uber and Lyft and spend the money on the traditional taxi industry, a subsidy that appears to be the first of its kind in the United States.

Republican Governor Charlie Baker signed the nickel fee into law this month as part of a sweeping package of regulations for the industry.

[...]

The law levies a 20-cent fee in all, with 5 cents for taxis, 10 cents going to cities and towns and the final 5 cents designated for a state transportation fund.

The fee may raise millions of dollars a year because Lyft and Uber alone have a combined 2.5 million rides per month in Massachusetts.

The law says the money will help taxi businesses to adopt "new technologies and advanced service, safety and operational capabilities" and to support workforce development.
This is absurd. Given that the cars used by ride-sharing drivers are either owned or leased by said drivers, they do have to go through the same regulations as taxis and pass state inspections. In Massachusetts, vehicles are inspected yearly--it's not legal to drive a car without an inspection sticker. Uber should not be punished for figuring out how to connect drivers and riders via a mobile phone app before the traditional taxi industry did--and that's effectively what this tax seeks to do.

This tax is the equivalent of charging extra for lightbulbs in order to bail out the candlestick makers. Technology adapts and moves on, and it's not the government's role to prop up outdated industries. Taxis should take steps on their own to keep up with a competing industry.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:35 am

OUR GOVERNMENT IS TOO BIG! NEED TO BE PUT BACK IN THEIR PLACE WORKING FOOOOOR THE PEOPLE, AND STOP THEM FROM WORKING AGAINST US!

dgara12
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0

Post by dgara12 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:57 am

WLJ wrote:A photo from that dildo protest

Just got a G43 so the poster on the left makes me so happy!!

What a bunch of idiots these protesters are.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:10 am

Dayaaamn! A dido is probably as close as those....girls.....get to the real thing.

I thought there was supposed to be thousands and thousands of dildos at this protest? Surely they could have found some more photogenic examples to share, no? After all, seems as if they're using the "sex sells" method.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:13 am

rustynuts wrote:Dayaaamn! A dido is probably as close as those....girls.....get to the real thing.

I thought there was supposed to be thousands and thousands of dildos at this protest? Surely they could have found some more photogenic examples to share, no? After all, seems as if they're using the "sex sells" method.
I also thought they were supposed to be college students......most in that photo are north of 40. Not saying older folks dont go to college but usually college protests are a bunch of brainwashed 18-22 yr olds protesting with no life experience because someone told them to be angry.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:13 am

dgara12 wrote:
WLJ wrote:A photo from that dildo protest

Just got a G43 so the poster on the left makes me so happy!!

What a bunch of idiots these protesters are.
Anyone who breeds with those beasts needs to be euthanized.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:15 am

Like i said before....charge all of them with indecent exposure and sexual harassment and be done with it. These people are the very definition of sheep.

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:18 am

Rem700 wrote:Like i said before....charge all of them with indecent exposure and sexual harassment and be done with it. These people are the very definition of sheep.
Nah. That's a slam on sheep. And sheep probably get laid more than those three.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:27 am

Isn't the one on the left Toecutter?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:31 am

Rem700 wrote:
rustynuts wrote:Dayaaamn! A dido is probably as close as those....girls.....get to the real thing.

I also thought they were supposed to be college students......most in that photo are north of 40. Not saying older folks dont go to college but usually college protests are a bunch of brainwashed 18-22 yr olds protesting with no life experience because someone told them to be angry.
The 18-22 year olds are too busy actually getting laid

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:09 pm

The anti-rape version of the no gun sticker and I'm sure just as effective.

LIBERAL BRILLIANCE: “Anti-rape” temporary tattoos in Germany
http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=22120

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:29 am

WLJ wrote:The anti-rape version of the no gun sticker and I'm sure just as effective.

I clicked on this thinking it would just be a Hillary's face tattoo.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:38 am

Gunsmokin wrote:
WLJ wrote:The anti-rape version of the no gun sticker and I'm sure just as effective.

I clicked on this thinking it would just be a Hillary's face tattoo.
That would work, except it might excite some in the media :?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:40 am

The jokes write themselves
An airline from Iceland is naming its new plane 'TF-GAY' to support the LGBT community.
WOW Airlines' CEO says the name was suggested by a pilot to mark their new flight route to San Francisco. The US city is famous for its gay scene.
Plane named 'Gay' to support LGBT rights
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... gbt-rights

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:48 am

‘Dr. Drew’ show canceled days after host’s negative speculation about Hillary Clinton’s health
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... ns-health/
But the decision came eight days after Pinsky’s comments on a radio show on Aug. 17 questioning the health and medical care of former secretary of state Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee for president. After looking at bits and pieces of Clinton’s health-care records she made public in 2015, he said he was “gravely concerned not just about her health, but her health care.”
Pinsky’s views, which he said were shared by another physician with whom he had consulted, aired on KABC’s “McIntyre in the Morning.”
The episode has been removed from the station’s website, but a transcript was published by the conservative Washington Free Beacon:

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by rustynuts » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:53 am

He'll be dead next week.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:00 pm

Mariana Barillas dug this up at The Washington Examiner. Apparently, it’s discriminatory to fire migrant workers with expired papers. Moreover, Barillas added that the Department of Justice feels that to ask migrant workers for more work authorization forms could constitute a violation of a provision within the Immigration and Nationality Act that says employers cannot give excessive demands:
The Justice Department released a video this week encouraging companies not to terminate immigrants after their employment authorization expires, and indicated that doing so is a form of discrimination.

The video then tells viewers that the federal government has extended employment authorization by six months for people from El Salvador with Temporary Protected Status, a benefit designed to help foreign nationals who are considered unable to safely return to their home.

The Justice Department claims requesting additional work-authorization documents from these workers may violate a provision in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) designed to protect individuals from excessive employer demands based on their nationality.
That’s fine for El Salvador, but in general, it’s discrimination to terminate someone whose work papers have expired? The DOJ seems to be getting really creative regarding expanding what is discrimination in order to prevent companies from sending migrant workers home. Moreover, how is asking for more authorization forms for better verification an excessive burden? Shocking? Not really given what this presidency has done with immigration through executive orders, which are in legal limbo right now.
DOJ: Firing Migrant Workers Wth Expired Employment Forms Is Discrimination
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/ ... n-n2211118

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:40 pm

More of your tax dollars at work
The National Institutes of Health is spending nearly $1 million on a study of lesbian couples to see if stress makes them drink too much.

The grant awarded to Old Dominion University will involve lesbians filling out daily diaries about their romantic relationships to determine what causes them to drink.
Feds spend $911,056 studying the drinking habits of lesbian couples
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08 ... uples.html

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”