Stock talk. Now featuring 200% MORE CRYPTO!

Think of the cool gadgets we all love, this would be the place to post about them.
Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Stock talk. Now featuring 200% MORE CRYPTO!

Post by Tyler » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:09 pm

What your trading style? What stocks are you in and what’s on your radar?
Last edited by Tyler on Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Height Supremacist

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 96 times

Re: Anyone actively play the stock market?

Post by iron369 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:34 am

I’m a hodler; not a trader. Small fidelity account for investing and a webull account for meme stock plays. Apple,Nio, Tesla, vale, ge, draft kings, tilray, amc, gme, Bitcoin etherium, cardano are my most heavily invested plays. Been thinking about picking up appharvest because I like the company and I believe it is where agriculture is headed, but the fundamentals make me a little hesitant. I’d like to get into another healthcare play as well I was in chargepoint and may get back in it due to the infrastructure bill.
Using Tapatalk

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Rem700 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:01 am

Buy and hold. I would disagree with a lot of what Iron has above just on the basis that a lot of those are extremely volatile and fluctuate greatly day to day. For stocks i usually stick with long term buys of blue chip stocks. You wont become an overnight millionaire.....but 25 yrs from now you will more than likely be sitting real pretty without a lot of volatility or risk. I bought a bunch of blue chips when everything tanked back in April/May of last year and that account is up about 50% now. More specifically Boeing, Ford, and an energy stock PDX are among them.

GE may be a good buy but only because it has been in the shitter for so long its almost to the point where its going under or they get back on track and it heads north for a while.

Also have some spotify which went way up by $100 a share after i first got it....then it tanked back down below where i bought, now its back above but not by much.

I agree with Iron on watching what bills are coming down the pike and trying to play accordingly. If we had known about the lockdowns we all could have bought into telecom companies like a bunch of our "in the know" elected officials did and made out like bandits.

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by nemo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:46 am

I'll keep my slow nickel to a fast dime. Back in early 2000s, my bloated tech and medical 401K went tits up leaving me with not much more than original investment. Yea, it made $XX,XXX in 3 years but lost most of it almost overnight.
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Tyler » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:44 pm

I’m more into swing trading and taking profit. I’ve got some crypto for long plays. I am currently holding SPRT since late June; thought about selling around $50, but I think the ceiling is over $100
Height Supremacist

plumber_bob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by plumber_bob » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:31 pm

I've got some seemingly solid stocks and some flakey stocks that one day might explode or go bust. But if the flakey stocks don't do well I'm not out much.

pb
"One Man With Courage is a Majority"

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by iron369 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:38 pm

Rem700 wrote:Buy and hold. I would disagree with a lot of what Iron has above just on the basis that a lot of those are extremely volatile and fluctuate greatly day to day. For stocks i usually stick with long term buys of blue chip stocks. You wont become an overnight millionaire.....but 25 yrs from now you will more than likely be sitting real pretty without a lot of volatility or risk. I bought a bunch of blue chips when everything tanked back in April/May of last year and that account is up about 50% now. More specifically Boeing, Ford, and an energy stock PDX are among them.

GE may be a good buy but only because it has been in the shitter for so long its almost to the point where its going under or they get back on track and it heads north for a while.

Also have some spotify which went way up by $100 a share after i first got it....then it tanked back down below where i bought, now its back above but not by much.

I agree with Iron on watching what bills are coming down the pike and trying to play accordingly. If we had known about the lockdowns we all could have bought into telecom companies like a bunch of our "in the know" elected officials did and made out like bandits.
Draft kings is a pretty new play for me so I’m not sure about the recent merger. Tilray is the only one I’m down in and believe when the US finally legalizes pot, it’ll be a banger. Gme and amc are volatile, but that’s where a lot of my “free” government money has gone. Cryptos are stupid volatile, but fun.
Using Tapatalk

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:13 pm

First I invested in me and paid off everything. Don't have a debt in the world. Best investment I've made yet. Hurt like a bitch for awhile too, especially getting rid of all the credit cards.

I buy. I buy consistently regardless of where the market is at. I buy good performing well diversified Mutual funds and ETFs with long performance histories and when the market is down and everyone is crying, I call up my adviser up and toss in an extra grand our two while the market is having a sale. I max out my work match then I max out my Roth for the year first. I don't do anything fancy. Regular old boring funds.

I don't buy single stocks. I don't buy things recommend on Reddit. I follow the guidance of Dave Ramsey and Chris Hogan and the lions share of 10 thousand millionaires interviewed.
These users liked the author KYgundude for the post:
Rem700
Rating: 12.5%

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:18 pm

Rem700 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:01 am
but 25 yrs from now you will more than likely be sitting real pretty without a lot of volatility or risk
Like they say, bust your ass for 25 years and become and overnight millionaire!
Rem700

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:08 pm

KYgundude wrote:First I invested in me and paid off everything. Don't have a debt in the world. Best investment I've made yet. Hurt like a bitch for awhile too, especially getting rid of all the credit cards.

I buy. I buy consistently regardless of where the market is at. I buy good performing well diversified Mutual funds and ETFs with long performance histories and when the market is down and everyone is crying, I call up my adviser up and toss in an extra grand our two while the market is having a sale. I max out my work match then I max out my Roth for the year first. I don't do anything fancy. Regular old boring funds.

I don't buy single stocks. I don't buy things recommend on Reddit. I follow the guidance of Dave Ramsey and Chris Hogan and the lions share of 10 thousand millionaires interviewed.
This
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Tyler » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:09 pm

Debt free is certainly a goal I have. Don’t knock the Reddit/meme stocks. If you get in early enough and do enough to research to hold against the selling pressure, the payoffs are absurd.
Height Supremacist

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:31 pm

Tyler wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:09 pm
Debt free is certainly a goal I have. Don’t knock the Reddit/meme stocks. If you get in early enough and do enough to research to hold against the selling pressure, the payoffs are absurd.
If, and if, and if, then maybe. Not my investing cup of tea.

Read "The Tortoise and the Hare". Best financial book ever written. No matter how many times you read it, the tortoise always wins. Slow and steady wins the game. Am I right? Maybe, maybe not. What I can confirm that I am is 53 and able to retire whenever I feel like it so I'm pretty sure my way works. I'm just still working because I want old Mike and the Mrs to spend more time in Vegas. Wanna play the market, be my guest. You will either end up way richer than I or way poorer. I'm gonna end up just fine either way because I'm kinda already there.

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Tyler » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:59 pm

Im down with the 401k and Roth, but I can’t ignore the absurd potential in some of these. Like I said, you have to do some research or you’d end up chasing every dumbass’s favorite pump and dump.
Height Supremacist

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:41 pm

Tyler wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:59 pm
Im down with the 401k and Roth, but I can’t ignore the absurd potential in some of these. Like I said, you have to do some research or you’d end up chasing every dumbass’s favorite pump and dump.
The one part you don't calculate in is risk. You should check the book out "Everyday Millionaires". The vast majority of 10 thousand millionaires interviewed did it with their 401K and simple investing. Yes, You can gain more but you must always risk more.

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Tyler » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:56 am

Yeah, it’s slightly refined gambling
Height Supremacist

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:13 am

Tyler wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:56 am
Yeah, it’s slightly refined gambling
So long as you understand that, and put the lions share of your money where you know you will be ok, That'll be just fine
Tyler

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:33 pm

use your 401k if it has some good investing sources. I watch some groups advice based on analytical stuff and tend to make the same moves. playing the market is tough these days unless you got some good old gamestop :)

daves is over a million, if I had made a good play during the covid drop, it would have been 1/2 million more.
yeah, sucks but whats done is done. Wasnt first investing mistake I made, took me a long time back in the day to get 100k.
These users liked the author Dave1965 for the post:
Tyler

ken6881
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by ken6881 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:29 pm

I have done very well in crypto the last few years mining and buying and selling
Ky CCDW Instructor

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:07 am

ken6881 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:29 pm
I have done very well in crypto the last few years mining and buying and selling
What are you mining ? I have been mining bitcoin and UBQ for a few years now.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Tyler » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:25 pm

Dustin wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:07 am
ken6881 wrote:
Please tell me more. I thought it was cost prohibitive if you didn’t scale your production.
Height Supremacist

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dustin » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:35 pm

Tyler wrote:
Dustin wrote:
ken6881 wrote:
Please tell me more. I thought it was cost prohibitive if you didn’t scale your production.
Ubq makes me a little money $2.00 a day with my old gaming computer. Bitcoin I’m solo mining on and old miner. So if it ever hits I get 6.5 Bitcoin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Tyler » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:56 am

Dustin wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:35 pm
Tyler wrote:
Dustin wrote:
ken6881 wrote:
Ubq makes me a little money $2.00 a day with my old gaming computer. Bitcoin I’m solo mining on and old miner. So if it ever hits I get 6.5 Bitcoin.

I hope it hits for you! What are the odds of that?
Height Supremacist

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dustin » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:52 am

About the same at the lotto. But a drawing every 10 seconds. I paid $10 for the miner just to see if I could get it working.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:53 am

Have you calculated in your power costs? Back when we team mined in 2013 our electrical bills were massive(We still made money though). Has it gotten more efficient?

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dustin » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:55 am

KYgundude wrote:Have you calculated in your power costs? Back when we team mined in 2013 our electrical bills were massive(We still made money though). Has it gotten more efficient?
Bitcoin has not. But my video cards don’t eat a lot and that box is always up it’s also my home server. The 3 cards eat about 180 watts. Power is cheap in Louisville.

Return to “Other guy stuff”