World Tech Toys RC Hercules Helicopter (DO NOT BUY ONE)

Think of the cool gadgets we all love, this would be the place to post about them.
ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

World Tech Toys RC Hercules Helicopter (DO NOT BUY ONE)

Post by ProCroation » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:31 am

I'm on a roll tonight with the radio controlled topics.

Two of my friends who are brothers, both received gift RC helicopters for Christmas. They're both made by World Tech Toys. It's called "Hercules" and its touted as, according the box cover "the first unbreakable helicopter". It even depicts a person stepping on the chopper and mashing the shell in. So far...the issues they are having, are not with the durability of the body or propellers.

Both helicopters quit operating after their maiden flight(s). They brought them over to my house so we could all fly our new toys together. All went well...or so we thought. After we all recharged our batteries, we went to fly them all again. This time, both their helis would just spin in circles and not even lift off the floor. Heli 1 had lost the brass gear from the motor shaft that turns the center prop and heli 2 had broken the plastic gear that's attached to the center prop. Apparently the set screws on the heli 2 gear had been tightened too tight and caused the plastic to break. We found the brass gear inside the heli 1 frame and glued it back onto the shaft. On the broken plastic gear of heli 2, we glued it as well. Both flew once more before breaking the OTHER gear sets for the upper prop. For a helicopter that's boasted as unbreakable it sure broke...twice...on two separate choppers now. Don't buy one.

Now, after reading some reviews online, it looks like this is exactly what's happening to everyone else who buys one. Neither of my buddies have the heart to say a bad thing about them to their mother. She meant well, of course. Just didn't do her homework is all. Apparently it wouldn't help if they did tell her...from what we can tell, customer service is non-existent. Everyone says they don't return emails and their voice mailbox is full all the time. Sheesh.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

ken6881
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Re: World Tech Toys RC Hercules Helicopter (DO NOT BUY ONE)

Post by ken6881 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:46 am

Honestly all of those "toy" rc products are that way. If there interested in helicopters they need to look at the eflite blade series.
Ky CCDW Instructor

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:20 am

Unbreakable huh?
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:46 pm

ken6881 wrote:Honestly all of those "toy" rc products are that way. If there interested in helicopters they need to look at the eflite blade series.
This is true and for me it's like preaching to the choir but their mom just didn't know.
My grandkids had a miniature chopper that we got them for like $19.99 at Wal Mart. My two friends would be visiting the house and would fly it every chance they could. It was fun, stable, sturdy, small enough for indoors...and that's what got them interested in RC heli's. (Granted, our 6 year old grandkid crashed it a lot and finally did destroy it). My friends mentioned it to their mother apparently and she decided to get them bigger ones for Christmas. If they knew they were getting them, they would have asked me to identify one with great reviews. You live and you learn. I just want to make sure no one else gets suckered into the "unbreakable" schtick and find out later that customer service is a joke.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:51 pm

WLJ wrote:Unbreakable huh?
Yeah. Unbreakable is no doubt, the worst word to title this chopper with. It wouldn't be such a bad helicopter if:

A. the internal working parts were as sturdy as the body
B. customer service wasn't a mythical beast
C. It flew more than once before breaking each time
D. And it was just a completely different product from a different company haha...If it were any other helicopter at all, it would probably be better than this one.

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:20 pm

i bought a $16 helo from big lots and it flys like it should..been using it since thanksgiving..pretty cool like toy

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ProCroation » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:27 pm

shelbygoat wrote:i bought a $16 helo from big lots and it flys like it should..been using it since thanksgiving..pretty cool like toy

Happen to know the brand or the name of it?

shelbygoat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by shelbygoat » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:30 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419996565.408895.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419996565.408895.jpg (331.45 KiB) Viewed 372 times
It says Super Power on the side of the body and it's made in China. I threw the box away awhile ago. On the controller it has the joysticks and then it has two buttons for fine adjustments to make it fly straight and not spin around while hovering.

Return to “Other guy stuff”