Front site blurr?

Red dots, fixed power, variable, whatever optics you use,post up here.
Dashammer
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Front site blurr?

Post by Dashammer » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:04 am

Looking a up gradeing my scope set up on my 16" carbine. Been looking at those 2x7x30 something vortex,redfield,buris (3" plus eye relief) scopes mounted well forward on the upper. I shoot NTCH and was just wondering if anyone else uses one of these. I guess the real question I am asking is do you experience any front site blurr when useing 2x-3x power. Had a fixed 4x on it before and had zero blurr from the front site. Not sure if I am asking that question right.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Front site blurr?

Post by guncrank1 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:11 am

Are you asking if the 2x has a field of view wide enough to see the front site?
Then the technical answer could be yes as lower magnification has a wider field of view.
But that depends on the mount and construction of the scope.

Dashammer

Post by Dashammer » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:26 pm

No not really. Let me clarify alittle. When you mount a scope on a flat top ar-15 with a front site tower/post, the site is in front of the scopes objective and in line with it. As you look threw the scope the front site will no appear in the scope because the I think focal point of the scope appears in front of the site tower and therefore is not seen in the scope. I was wondering if at 2 or 3 power will the tower appear in the scope picture or is the focal point still forward of the site tower.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Dashammer wrote:No not really. Let me clarify alittle. When you mount a scope on a flat top ar-15 with a front site tower/post, the site is in front of the scopes objective and in line with it. As you look threw the scope the front site will no appear in the scope because the I think focal point of the scope appears in front of the site tower and therefore is not seen in the scope. I was wondering if at 2 or 3 power will the tower appear in the scope picture or is the focal point still forward of the site tower.
double post
Last edited by guncrank1 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by guncrank1 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:07 pm

Dashammer wrote:No not really. Let me clarify alittle. When you mount a scope on a flat top ar-15 with a front site tower/post, the site is in front of the scopes objective and in line with it. As you look threw the scope the front site will no appear in the scope because the I think focal point of the scope appears in front of the site tower and therefore is not seen in the scope. I was wondering if at 2 or 3 power will the tower appear in the scope picture or is the focal point still forward of the site tower.

Dashammer

Post by Dashammer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:36 am

Called Vortex yesterday. Guy told me that a 2x-3x the site tower/post is a big time obstruction. Will be looking at a 4x plus variable now in stead.

Return to “Optics”