Scope rings

Red dots, fixed power, variable, whatever optics you use,post up here.
iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 96 times

Scope rings

Post by iron369 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:32 pm

I’m shopping for new scope rings and wanted to get others thoughts. I’ve never understood why there’s such an extreme spread in price for scope rings. They can be $20 or $200. I know some are stronger aluminum than others or different coatings. One piece and cantilever scope mounts are a different beast.
Using Tapatalk

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Re: Scope rings

Post by Marcus » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:41 pm

Shopping for scope rings is a pain in the ass.

Maybe it's me, but nicer scope rings tend to hold a better zero for longer IMHO and I'm not worried about snapping one off when I do something stupid.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:43 pm

I use TPS rings. Anything better just gets you a slightly stronger ring at a much higher price. Aero is my go to for 1 piece mounts
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Elkins45
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Elkins45 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:29 pm

Buy scope mounts and rings from a maker you’ve heard of, and avoid fancy stuff like windage adjustment unless you actually need it. The simpler the better.

What you’re paying for is better quality metal so the screws won’t strip.

iron369
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by iron369 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:43 pm

I bought some vortex pro series rings and they came in yesterday. I can tell right away that the quality is better than the cheap rings I’m used to. They were quite affordable and there was a lot of videos touting the price/quality ratio being some of the best. I mounted them on a rifle with decent recoil so I’ll get to see how they hold up over time. Image
Using Tapatalk

Return to “Optics”