Aimpoint PRO vs Trijicon MRO

Red dots, fixed power, variable, whatever optics you use,post up here.
HEYOPEY
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by HEYOPEY » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:42 pm

I know to some buying a high quality RDS is not a big issues but to me I see this as an investment, its not often I put this much back for a RDS. anyways to my point, I have looked though both optics (Just a few moments on a non-mounted MRO) and both are in my budget. Which would you go with?

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Aimpoint PRO vs Trijicon MRO

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:26 am

If you want a more compact optic, the MRO is it. I have one and like it a lot. I'm not an operator though. Lol. There are a couple of things with the MRO that bother some people. There is a slight amount of distortion around the outer edge of the field of view. I can barely notice it, but some others say it is more noticeable. The other thing that is a little more bothersome is the rear glass on the optic gets a red shadow, for lack of a better description, on one side or another when there is a bright light coming from behind you and it hits the optic just right. It doesn't prevent you from seeing the dot or the target though. For the money, it hard to find a better sight, IMO.
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:28 am

This is the red shadow I was mentioning.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:45 am

I've had a couple PRO's and for the money they are nice optics. You can get them about $375 shipped to your door if you hunt and are patient. $399 to your door is more common now though. Not sure what the MRO goes for now, never owned one but have read a lot on them.

I have an aimpoint micro which is about the best of both worlds, but obviously a lot more expensive.
:llama:

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:48 am

I picked up my MRO from 111 with the stock Trijicon full co-witness mount for $495 before tax. I've seen them online for the same price with AD quick-release mounts.

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:21 am

I own quite a few different RDS and my current favorite (for the money) is a Sig Romeo 4. You can get the 4b off Amazon for $349. You can set it to utilize a single red dot or the dot with the circle around it like Eotech. Worth a look.

Bama

Post by Bama » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:54 am

I currently have the MRO, and what I like most is the large view area. That was the deciding factor over an Aimpoint.

Sig will be the next optic I purchase. I was very pleased with what I saw at nraam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:15 pm

Bama wrote:I currently have the MRO, and what I like most is the large view area. That was the deciding factor over an Aimpoint.

Sig will be the next optic I purchase. I was very pleased with what I saw at nraam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Aimpoint Pro offers an even larger view than the MRO, but it comes at the cost of increased weight--about 5 oz, to be specific.

I'm an Aimpoint fanboy, but I have no doubt the MRO is an excellent optic.

I have an Aimpoint PRO, and I like it a lot, but IMHO the H1 is just about the best red dot ever made.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:50 pm

I know one guy on here that doesn't like the MRO. His initials are WLJ. LOL. He's kinda picky though.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:02 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:I know one guy on here that doesn't like the MRO. His initials are WLJ. LOL. He's kinda picky though.
Oh good grief, all I said was their was a bit too much optical distortion for me. YMMV

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:21 pm

Both are solid optics, just depends on your budget and your intent.

I prefer the AimPoint T1/H1 series, personally.

The MRO is in same category as the T series as well as the Sig R4 and Vortex SPARC.

The AimPoint Pro is not, so it's kinda comparing Apples to Oranges. However with that said, it is one of the best budget optics available.

I think you will be pleased with either one.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:36 pm

WLJ wrote:
Gunsmokin wrote:I know one guy on here that doesn't like the MRO. His initials are WLJ. LOL. He's kinda picky though.
Oh good grief, all I said was their was a bit too much optical distortion for me. YMMV

I know, Wilson. Just giving you crap.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:38 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:
WLJ wrote:

I know, Wilson. Just giving you crap.
I know, thus the llama
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:55 pm

DDgunslinger wrote:Both are solid optics, just depends on your budget and your intent.

The MRO is in same category as the T series as well as the Sig R4 and Vortex SPARC.

The AimPoint Pro is not, so it's kinda comparing Apples to Oranges. However with that said, it is one of the best budget optics available.

I tend to prefer the SPARC, its much cheaper...and so am I.

And I am probably not going to be the high speed operator many of those here are

I had the H1 but honestly for the money I would buy 2.5 Sparcs :) and I would probably have the same results

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:17 pm

Dave1965 wrote:
DDgunslinger wrote:Both are solid optics, just depends on your budget and your intent.

I tend to prefer the SPARC, its much cheaper...and so am I.

And I am probably not going to be the high speed operator many of those here are

I had the H1 but honestly for the money I would buy 2.5 Sparcs :) and I would probably have the same results
Ditto

HEYOPEY

Post by HEYOPEY » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:46 am

Ill be in Lex in 2 weeks I think I may go by Bud's and check out the MRO get some more time with it. I was leaning to the PRO just not sure again

Deadwing

Post by Deadwing » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:18 am

I'm a little disappointed in my MRO to be honest, I wish I would have ponied up a little more $ and got the t2. The dot on the trij washes out in bright sun, and whenever there is bright light behind you there is some blooming. Not bad though. Not a perfect 1x, don't notice it unless your looking though it all day. I think the dot is brighter on the t1/t2. But the big tube is nice. Weight with scalarworks mount is low.

Return to “Optics”