Flashlight opinion (just write answer first and then why if

Red dots, fixed power, variable, whatever optics you use,post up here.
jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Flashlight opinion (just write answer first and then why if

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:33 am

2 lights for general tasks but not mounted on a weapon. Could be for emergency, who knows..

Sure fire g2x pro or thrunite cx12

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Flashlight opinion (just write answer first and then why

Post by Mike » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:40 am

I don't see why Surefire is even a consideration unless you get them at half their normal prices. They are very expensive for what they are and there are so many other good candidates now.

For me, I like Streamlight and Fenix.
:llama:

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Toddstang » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:45 am

Mike wrote:I don't see why Surefire is even a consideration unless you get them at half their normal prices. They are very expensive for what they are and there are so many other good candidates now.

X2

DDgunslinger
Been liked: 0

Post by DDgunslinger » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:54 am

Streamlight is my go to EDC light, I've never had one die on me. I lose them long before I think they'll ever quit. I've washed them, drop them and even had one run over... still worked.

If I'm spending Surefire money on a hand held, I'll pick up an Elzetta... which has beat Surefire in all testing criteria.

bigelowe
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time

Post by bigelowe » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:07 am

The first Christmas my wife and I were married, she gave me an Elzetta. Great light. I have a couple other el cheapos in cars and garage. I have read lots I good things about fenix, specifically PD35. I will probably buy one of those for my truck when $$$ becomes available.
Not everyone can be a winner or get a trophy, we are raising a society full of pu**ies

2nd place is the 1st place loser.

Currently looking for that unicorn.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:14 am

I carry a Streamlight Microstream in my pocket and an Elzetta Alpha in my bag.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:24 am

Jack is a Streamlight hater...

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:38 am

I have an elzetta for when i need to see the back of the field from my back door, and streamlight for most other "really need to see" applications, including the pen light.

One is kinda cool, a Streamlight Night Com. It's a carryover from my days owning an airplane and flying at night, especially on instruments. You don't want to mess with your night vision when operating in all 3 axes because it takes awhile to get it back if you do. The Night Com has a little dial on it so you can select white light (on the ground for preflight or studying charts before takeoff) or red light for checking charts or logs in-flight because it does not destroy night vision. The red operates in hi for 2 leds and lo for 1 led. Only thing to remember is to turn the little selector dial to off when not using it or it eats batteries. Not a big concern, just make the habit stick. The on-off/momentary switch is a push button on the tail. I have had this one for 15 or 20 years. They still make it, but I see they have added "Tactical" to the classification. (I was "cool" 2 decades ago and didnt even know it LOL) They have upgraded it since i bought mine all those years ago, so they are probably even better now.

I have el cheapos everywhere in car, garage, kitchen junk drawer, basement, barn, etc, so i don't feel bad when i leave them somewhere.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:47 pm

I have an edc light I actually carry 100% of the time which is a pelican 1920 and it is perfect for general tasks. I am wanting something likely off body carry or around house, in car etc. The price for the one in question was around $55 so I don't see any better necessarily for the money and am not paying the money for an elzetta. Elzetta is great and tough and all but the price is not even a consideration. I like them to be rechargeable really or take rechargeables but I have a good stash of batteries that would last me years really (cr123). Post up your recommendations please. I am not just asking randomly and do lots of research but want YOUR ideas to consider also in case it is something I haven't even considered or heard about.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:05 pm

I keep a Streamlight USD rechargeable in the kitchen cabinet. Great for just looking under the fridge or something quick. Easy to carry and small. Recharge it with a USB.
:llama:

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by rustynuts » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:52 pm

Mike wrote:I don't see why Surefire is even a consideration unless you get them at half their normal prices. They are very expensive for what they are and there are so many other good candidates now.

I have three Surefires and love them. That said, I did get them at about half the retail price ($40ish for the G2X Pros) when Walmart was closing g them out a couple years back.

I keep one in the car, one by the front door and then one is edc for work. Use the hell out of that one and it's seen some abuse. Fallen from the top deck of a 747, run over by my work truck, regularly dropped, but it's like a Timex.

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:55 pm

I have had 2 streamlights die on me now.. I am looking for a new go to light....
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by PDM » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:13 pm

Elzetta for a "life depends on it" or just the toughest light available. ThruNite for a good utility light
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:14 pm

BIGC wrote:I have had 2 streamlights die on me now.. I am looking for a new go to light....
You hear that Johnny? Johnny......lol

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:22 pm

PDM wrote:Elzetta for a "life depends on it" or just the toughest light available. ThruNite for a good utility light
I know that you can literally pound nails with elzetta and they are made in KY which is even cooler and I would buy one but I just don't see the need for me with that price tag. I know everyone is different with how they take care of their stuff and I must just be gentle on a lot of things because I rarely break anything. I don't mean I am sparing or anything with my stuff, I just guess I am naturally good with my gear and it lasts. I've never broken a light (other than the streamlight deal that just didn't work because it didn't work a couple months in). I don't really break cars, lights, guns, boots, etc etc. I guess I just have so many in rotation or I'm just careful but I need a new light and not a light/hammer combo, but don't want it to break if it falls on the ground or gets dropped in water either.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:23 pm

rustynuts wrote:

I have three Surefires and love them. That said, I did get them at about half the retail price ($40ish for the G2X Pros) when Walmart was closing g them out a couple years back.

I keep one in the car, one by the front door and then one is edc for work. Use the hell out of that one and it's seen some abuse. Fallen from the top deck of a 747, run over by my work truck, regularly dropped, but it's like a Timex.
Give me one of your surefire to try out for a few years to see if I like it....

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:24 pm

Mike wrote:I keep a Streamlight USD rechargeable in the kitchen cabinet. Great for just looking under the fridge or something quick. Easy to carry and small. Recharge it with a USB.
Got a model number for me? Take 18650 or proprietary battery?

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Fleshlight opinion (just write answer first and then why

Post by Niceguy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:41 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
BIGC wrote:I have had 2 streamlights die on me now.. I am looking for a new go to light....
I've had failures happen with 2 different AK's...I better give up on them also...haha
Really I'm not pro or anti Streamlight, the 6 or 8 I have (that are cheap and functional) work for me so I'll be happy with them until they don't.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:42 pm

Niceguy wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
I've had failures happen with 2 different AK's...I better give up on them also...haha
Really I'm not pro or anti Streamlight, the 6 or 8 I have (that are cheap and functional) work for me so I'll be happy with them until they don't.
You shut your whore mouth about aks! Hold on, on second thought, yeah don't use those dangerous ak's and sell to me cheap.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:42 pm

Nice thread title
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:43 pm

Hahaha

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:44 pm

WLJ wrote:Nice thread title
It was edited and not funny, well sorta lol.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:45 pm

We already had a fleshlight thread, I thought?
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:56 pm

Gunsmokin wrote:We already had a fleshlight thread, I thought?
Jack wanted his own, guess he doesn't like sharing fleshlights.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by 86 slo-vo » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:00 pm

Fenix UC35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

Return to “Optics”