U.S. Government Sues L3 Com’s (EOTech) For Fraud

Red dots, fixed power, variable, whatever optics you use,post up here.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:51 am

Uh oh
L3 Communications, the holding company that owns EOTech, is being sued by the United States Government for fraud. Their products were the subject of a recent SOCOM warning that the EOTech holographic sights experienced shifting zero across different temperature ranges, which was also a factor in Elite Defense, the international distributor for the sights, cutting ties with L3. SoldierSystems.net has more information on the lawsuit
More at
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... for-fraud/
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Re: U.S. Government Sues L3 Com’s (EOTech) For Fraud

Post by Toddstang » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:21 am

$50 Eotech sale coming soon!

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:04 am

eotech sale at Overstock.com for black friday!

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:13 am

kokopelli wrote:eotech sale at Overstock.com for black friday!
Black eye black Friday sale?
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:19 am

By mid afternoon, L-3 had settled with the government for $25.6 million which clearly indicates L-3 has known since summer how much the US Government would be willing to accept in relief. Their quick action helped turn a drop in stock value of more than 6% at mid-day, yet they still closed the day down from opening prices.

What remains, is for L-3 to answer to domestic consumers, state and local governments as well as international customers.
US Govt Sues EOTech Maker for Fraud, Suit Settled by End of Day
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/1 ... nd-of-day/

Tomahawk
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Tomahawk » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:22 am

I assume 25 million paid out over 5 to 10 years isnt much. Im assuming hats the payment plan. Im sure it cost the USG more to do the lawsuit.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:32 pm

On kind of a side note: When was the last time eotech did a major update to their produced line? Seems like their electronics are falling way behind many in the same price range.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 96 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:39 pm

I think the Chinese knock offs have had more updates.

Brother of Liberty

Post by Brother of Liberty » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:19 am

I've got an old school 552 I got used. Does this mean I'm getting a refund?

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:26 am

Brother of Liberty wrote:I've got an old school 552 I got used. Does this mean I'm getting a refund?
e-mail them and ask http://www.eotechinc.com/return-authori ... quest-form
We had a thread going but it got accidentally deleted. A new one was started here http://www.kentuckyarmoryclub.com/viewt ... =6&t=19708

Blackbird
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Blackbird » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:30 am

I have already been approved for a refund of full purchase price ($425) and $15 shipping for my XPS-3 and sent it back. They received it on Jan 8th, so we will see how long it takes for me to get the refund. I jumped on the opportunity to get rid of it as I never could get used to that giant circle. Got an aimpoint pro from niceguy and like it way better.
They are giving refunds no question on all eotechs. Just get an RA first by email.

Return to “Optics”